PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

Philagape
12-28-2007, 08:19 AM
“I’m not trying to make anybody the bad person,” Campbell said Thursday. “I like the organization, and I like being here. There’s nothing I don’t like. But to say I don’t think about it or it frustrates me is an understatement. It bothers me. It’s been dragging on for a while, and it’s not close to being done.”

Here we go again.

Just when you thought the Sabres learned their lesson from a tumultuous offseason, their hierarchy confirmed not much has changed at all. The message coming from HSBC Arena outlined a shift in philosophy that called for identifying core players and locking them up with long-term deals. It sounded as if they finally embraced the concept of spending now to save later. That was what we heard, right?

Well, it sure looks like they are up to their old tricks — alienating their top players, stalling and misjudging the market. If you don’t think it can happen, ask Chris Drury and Daniel Briere how they fared in the open market after dealing with this crew. No wonder Campbell has been doing his homework. “I’d be stupid not to,” he said.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/238279.html

Dr. Lecter
12-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Didn't they sign Hecht to an extension?

THATHURMANATOR
12-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Its still early. This is just posturing on Campbells part.... i hope... :ill:

Michael82
12-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Oh God, this sounds so familiar. :ill:

Get it done, Larry Quinn and Darcy Regier! Lock Campbell up now! :pray:

mchurchfie
12-28-2007, 10:39 AM
This FO is ALL World Ignorant. The longer they wait the last chance they have of signing him and the more it will cost them. Get off your ass Darcy!:mad:

hammerbillsfan
12-28-2007, 11:01 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=129637

:snicker:

OpIv37
12-28-2007, 02:30 PM
campbell has been underperforming since about halfway through last season.

That being said, if he goes I don't trust this FO to find an equal or better replacement and I'd rather just keep him.

Ebenezer
12-28-2007, 02:39 PM
I do believe they are going to screw this one up too.

SabreEleven
12-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Campbell's contract is going to be up? That explains why he is playing well.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-28-2007, 02:49 PM
shut up ****Y GLEASON! the Sabres say they're close to a deal it will get done! I'm sick of hearing this guy complain about the Sabres front office Darcy knows what he's doing and so does Quinn. A deal will get done!

SabreEleven
12-28-2007, 02:51 PM
shut up ****Y GLEASON! the Sabres say they're close to a deal it will get done! I'm sick of hearing this guy complain about the Sabres front office Darcy knows what he's doing and so does Quinn.

They proved that this past off season :rolleyes:

I have one word for you: punctuations.

Philagape
12-28-2007, 02:52 PM
shut up ****Y GLEASON! the Sabres say they're close to a deal it will get done! I'm sick of hearing this guy complain about the Sabres front office Darcy knows what he's doing and so does Quinn.

It's Campbell talking. Tell him to shut up.

Ebenezer
12-28-2007, 02:53 PM
shut up ****Y GLEASON! the Sabres say they're close to a deal it will get done! I'm sick of hearing this guy complain about the Sabres front office Darcy knows what he's doing and so does Quinn. A deal will get done!
If it reaches Feb you can bet Campbell is gone.

SabreEleven
12-28-2007, 02:53 PM
I say he don't sign him and he'll play like an all star the rest of the year. Let someone else over pay for him to a multi-year contract and he'll go back to his medicore ways.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-28-2007, 03:06 PM
and this is from Hockey Trade Rumors

Campbell is apparently looking for a 5 year deal while earning 5 million dollars per year. The Sabres apparently want a deal of 5 years but closer to 4 million a season. The Sabres don't really want to lose yet another big piece to the team and I personally think they will cave and give Campbell somewhere between 4.5-5 million. It is also reported the Sabres want to get defenceman Dmitri Kalinin under contract after they sign Campbell.
http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9630

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-28-2007, 03:15 PM
also I've heard this talked about on MSG Sabres Gamenight and the shootout that the Sabres are set on the years it's just the money that is holding the deal up. It will get done!

Ebenezer
12-28-2007, 03:18 PM
he's worth $6 mil/yr on the open market...

Meathead
12-28-2007, 03:59 PM
why should we believe you mr sabres wont make the playoffs guy

chernobylwraiths
12-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Campbell's contract is going to be up? That explains why he is playing well.

Don't you remember last year when they announced at the beginning of the year that they were signing Campbell to a multiyear deal? Then Darcy said it was two years. When a reporter asked him why he said multiyear deal, Darcy replied something to the effect of, "Two years is multiple years.".

Ebenezer
12-28-2007, 04:05 PM
why should we believe you mr sabres wont make the playoffs guy
13 of the next 17 on the road...talk to me after that...if they only win 7 (or fewer) they won't make the playoffs.

mchurchfie
12-28-2007, 04:07 PM
campbell has been underperforming since about halfway through last season.

That would have been a good time to deal with him and extend his contract. This ******ed FO has zero ****ing anticipation or foresight

Night Train
12-28-2007, 05:11 PM
I knew the second Quinn returned that bad decisons would become the norm.