PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys re-sign Crayton

Philagape
12-28-2007, 11:54 AM
The Cowboys and wide receiver Patrick Crayton have agreed to a four-year, $14 million contract extension. "This is exactly where I want to be," Crayton tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. The contract includes a $6 million signing bonus.

http://www.fanballnews.com/nfl/

DraftBoy
12-28-2007, 12:13 PM
There goes one good receiver off the market

RockStar36
12-28-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm leaning more towards the draft with WR anyways

Night Train
12-28-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm leaning more towards the draft with WR anyways

They take too long to develop. A Free Agent with a resume of good hands at the pro level is far more prudent.

Mr. Miyagi
12-28-2007, 03:27 PM
It took Evans maybe 4 games to adjust to the pro level.

Good receivers are almost pro-ready.

Philagape
12-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Ideally we would get both a WR and TE that can start immediately, but I'd settle for Dallas Clark and a rookie at WR. There are usually more decent rookie WRs than TEs.

Forward_Lateral
12-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Bryan Johnson. Problems solved.

Night Train
12-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Bryan Johnson. Problems solved.

:bf1: Bryant Johnson, but I agree.

6-3 218 and behind 2 good ones. Still has 44 catches and would get tons more here.

RockStar36
12-28-2007, 10:22 PM
They take too long to develop. A Free Agent with a resume of good hands at the pro level is far more prudent.

If you draft correctly it shouldn't take very long for a WR to develop. They are not the same as QB.

Kerr
12-29-2007, 12:02 AM
I didn't think he'd be a good fit anyway. Ideally, when you think about it, you probably want a wide receiver with experience in a run first offense. Marshawn is basically supposed to eventually be the focus of this offense isn't he? This is why I like Ernest Wilford more than anyone else. Jax is a run first team built to wear down defenses and wilford has done a solid job for them as a starter. There really isn't a #1 in Jax, but i'd like to look at wilford as a servicable possession receiver to compliment Evans. At 6-4 his size would be an assett in the red zone. He won't pick up a lot yac, but he'll block well, run good routes and makes tough catches. He also fits the character profile that Marv likes.

He'd be a good option while still drafting a receiver in the 3rd or later rounds if they need to.