X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Foregone conclusion at OC

I think that the writing is on the wall. It's just an opinion but I'd be very surprised to see someone from outside the organization hired as our next OC. Lee Evans made a commnet this week during a PC and he refered to Shoenert being a good OC and keeping things the same with continuity. He used a past tense reference like it was already discussed.

Seriously, who would want to bring in someone with a different philosophy? I know our O sucked this year but I don't want to see this team take anymore steps back with learning a new offense. I think that we can build from where we were this year. The o-line has chemistry with all of the same players. The experience for TE has been great. We need to add talent on offense with a true #2 WR, a seam busting, fast TE and involving Lynch more in the passing game. I'd like to see more no huddle and quick slant passes added as well.

There's no where but up to go!
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Foregone conclusion at OC

I think Evans was just being PC. What's he gonna say? He'd rather take someone from the outside over Shonert?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• John Doe
      Florida Man
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      I think Evans was just being PC. What's he gonna say? He'd rather take someone from the outside over Shonert?
      Evans has not been afraid to be politically incorrect this year, so this might just be his honest opinion.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by John Doe
        Evans has not been afraid to be politically incorrect this year, so this might just be his honest opinion.

I didn't hear him say anything bad this year.
        sacrifice1

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Shortly after the Fairchild Project ended, Jauron said in an interview that they'll most likely hire from outside.

I'd rather give Turk a shot too unless there's someone we can't pass up. I'd really like to see the WCO here.

Comment

• John Doe
            Florida Man
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            I didn't hear him say anything bad this year.
            Evans certainly was not on board with the demotion of Losman. He expressed that several times.

Openly disagreeing with your head coach is politically incorrect.

Comment

• realdealryan
              realdealrex
              • Nov 2005

I don't think it's foregone. Martz is rumored to be available....

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by John Doe
                Evans certainly was not on board with the demotion of Losman. He expressed that several times.

Openly disagreeing with your head coach is politically incorrect.

Supporting his qb was not a problem IMO. Both he and JP were voted captains of the team. Had he said anything bad about one qb in support of another, that would be improper. He didn't say anything bad about Trent.

Fans and media who were divided about the situations were the ones who made a big deal about what he said.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Why not promote from within and hire Schonert? He's paid his dues, knows our personnel, and understands our strengths and weaknesses. Rewarding your own people is also good for morale.

Our last several OCs, most of whom have been brought in from the outside, have stunk in spades. Why not try one of our own?
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                    • Sep 2007

We need to bring in someone that is an expirenced OC. This on the job training stinks. Im not a big fan of this offense either. We need a proven fullback so he can take out the LBs and Lynch can go one on one with safteys. I bet if we had a fullback he would spring alot more runs of 20, 30, and 40 yards.
                    To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      Why not promote from within and hire Schonert? He's paid his dues, knows our personnel, and understands our strengths and weaknesses. Rewarding your own people is also good for morale.

Our last several OCs, most of whom have been brought in from the outside, have stunk in spades. Why not try one of our own?

what do most fortune 500 companies do bring in new blood for a fresh view.

we sure know the view on offense in buffalo is offensive and while i blame fairchild immensely im sure others on this offensive staff can take alot of the blame too!!!!

and same thing was said about fairchild that he knows some of our team from his time here before screw hiring from within bring in new blood!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• colin
                        Drew's my hero!
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Owen DeBoard
                        We need to bring in someone that is an expirenced OC. This on the job training stinks. Im not a big fan of this offense either. We need a proven fullback so he can take out the LBs and Lynch can go one on one with safteys. I bet if we had a fullback he would spring alot more runs of 20, 30, and 40 yards.
                        i'm not pro fullback (most the best Os don't use one much of the time) but you might be right in this case.

some of the plays we used to run a back up OL guy as FB and we smashed people up, of course both the back up guys got hurt.

an h back who can actually run would prolly be enough tho, just a 20 or 30 carry a year guy, but who moves from back to te to split end to keep d's guessing.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

I'm all for hiring within. It has countless benefits compared to bringing some new guy in.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            Will not tolerate vandalism.
                            • Apr 2006

The system was not the problem this year, it was the on-the-spot choices.

That lends me to suggest they stick from within and pick a new OC from there.

Comment

Working...
                            X