PDA

View Full Version : Bob Sanders off market

G. Host
12-28-2007, 04:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3171368

Colts safety Bob Sanders has signed a five-year, $37.5 million contract with Indianapolis that includes $20 million in guaranteed money, according to NFL sources.

The contract makes Sanders, 26, the highest-paid safety in the NFL.

$7.5 per year for a safety? Wow. New NFL has changed the meter completely.

realdealryan
12-28-2007, 04:35 PM
You pay the safeties in the defensive backfield of a cover 2 defense, not the corners.

Also- guess what happens if Whitner turns into a good player...

G. Host
12-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Bills fans get surprised?

Night Train
12-28-2007, 04:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3171368
$7.5 per year for a safety? Wow.

And only 5-8 . Little Big Man.

realdealryan
12-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Bills fans get surprised?

That and the "We're looking at Bob Sanders' contract as a starting point" crap from his agent.

!Papacrunk!
12-28-2007, 06:14 PM
PFT brought up a good point about the Colts now being able to focus on Dallas Clark, possibly using the franchise tag on him. Speculation at this point, but I've noticed Bills fans being interested in the tight end and also the football player.

hydro
12-28-2007, 06:14 PM
That and the "We're looking at Bob Sanders' contract as a starting point" crap from his agent.

We can worry about that when Whitner actually plays close to Sanders talent level. Although I don't know how you can complain because if he gets a contract like that he must be integral part of the team which Bob Sanders definitely is.

Night Train
12-28-2007, 06:22 PM
PFT brought up a good point about the Colts now being able to focus on Dallas Clark, possibly using the franchise tag on him. Speculation at this point, but I've noticed Bills fans being interested in the tight end and also the football player.

I'm probably in the minority here but being one to watch A TON of College ball, I can see several that can be had in Rounds 2-5 that have actual talent. I'm not worried about finding TE's in the Draft. We can pick one if we wish.

A FA vet signing should come at WR.

yordad
12-28-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm probably in the minority here but being one to watch A TON of College ball, I can see several that can be had in Rounds 2-5 that have actual talent. I'm not worried about finding TE's in the Draft. We can pick one if we wish.

A FA vet signing should come at WR.I like the drafting of RB, WR, and CB. I prefere getting big men in free agency. Just seems like lineman take longer then most to come around.

I want Haynesworth. And a center somehow. We have a lot of picks. All I want is one guy in FA.

RockStar36
12-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Not bad for a little kid from Erie