PDA

View Full Version : what kind of money will Corey Williams get?

patmoran2006
12-29-2007, 11:53 PM
What kind of money (realistically) do you think it would take to land Williams via FA this offseason?

He's arguably the best DT on the market (after Haynesworth, who is not going to leave Tennessee)

We have to do SOMETHING at this spot over Kyle Williams. We're pretty strapped at DE because of all the cash committed to Kelsay and Schobel.

Kerr
12-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Not sure, but I think haynesworth teammate, Randy Starks, is the next best option if Williams wasn't available.

Devin
12-30-2007, 03:35 AM
Williams will get great money primarily because of the market.

Ingtar33
12-30-2007, 04:41 AM
70-80 mil. 8-10 years. 7-10 mil signing bonus

Midwesternbillsfan
12-30-2007, 05:39 AM
I think that matching Cory Redding's contract w/Detroit (7 years, $49 million; $16 million in guarantees) is plausible. He is a slightly lesser-known commodity than Redding, at least to most other NFL fans that I've talked to; most just haven't introduced themselves to him. But his play definitely warrants discovering more about him. And would arguably justify that large of a contract, too. He has seven sacks in each of the last two seasons and good speed at 6'4", 311 pounds, which means that the Bills wouldn't lose speed at the three-tech over Larry Tripplett but would have 15-20 pounds more size, something we should be coveting more from our DT's; our defensive system calls for smaller, quicker players but there are limits that it seems we've already exceeded for generaly undersizedness.

Like I said, three-tech is where Williams currently plays and would play w/Buffalo. Essentially, he would play the same position Buffalo brought Darwin Walker here to play, which would mean that John McCargo, IMO, would switch back to the one-tech he seemed to be learning in '06. That makes sense, too; the 3-tech in our defense obviously needs to have the attributes of a bonafide pass-rushing threat and that isn't McCargo; he has the propensity to blow up some running plays but even coming out of college there were considerable doubts about his pass-rushing moves and ability to be a difference-maker as a rusher. But no worries; allow McCargo to start at the one-tech (backed up by Kyle Williams) and start Corey Williams- an authentic pass-rushing threat who will alleviate pressure for our admittedly overrated and overpaid DE's- at the three-tech (backed by Larry Tripplett) and we've got a nice rotation of DT's all of a sudden.

YardRat
12-30-2007, 06:12 AM
Dockery-type money.

Devin
12-30-2007, 01:59 PM

:eek:

m1orenz
12-30-2007, 02:10 PM

is this a joke?

no chance a DT gets 70-80 mil total and know way he only gets 10 mil bonus