PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys need this offeason?

Mike13
12-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Thats self explanatory, what does this team need this offseason to get better?

patmoran2006
12-30-2007, 10:32 AM
1- Experience.
2- A much better offensive coordinator.
3- A better center.
4- A defensive tackle who can stop the run.
5- Another weapon for catching the ball.
6- An upgrade over Mr Irreleveant at OLB, Keith Ellison.

Kerr
12-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Upgrades at DT, WR, TE, C, and DE. Those spots need upgrading if this team wants to make the playoffs. In fact, I think we'll need more than that.

YardRat
12-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Center, WR, DT....Maybe TE and LB. A veteran back-up at QB. Trashing the cash to the cap philosophy, to a certain point. An influx of dollars from luxury suite sales, stadium-naming rights, etc. Better marketing.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2007, 11:08 AM
#2 WR
Pass catching TE
CB with size (Nobody has mentioned this yet???)
OLB
DT
Center

Confused
12-30-2007, 11:43 AM
A number one or number two reciever.(by that i mean there is nothing wrong with getting a wr that is a better option. lee is good, he's not god.)

A lockdown CB. Mainly Asante Samuel. prolly cost us in the area of 45-50 million for this guy but he fits so well. I'm sorry but I dont buy the statement that since we run a Cover2/Tampa2 scheme we dont need a cover CB. this guy is a ballhawk.

A o.c. with some balls and brains. someone alot less predictable.

The safety postions to step up. man i miss Ko.

An upgrade at LB. Ellison and Digi are great depth, we need another starter.

A new center. Melvin is ho-humin pass protection, and a liability in run blocking. Our line would be one of the best in the league if we can get Fowler to step it up or replace him.

An lastly, I want Roscoe Parrish to get 6+ touches per game on offense.

DraftBoy
WR-We need to find a guy with size and decent speed to really work the middle of the field oppositte Evans. A guy like Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly are two guys Id like to bring in. I wouldnt mind seeing a late round/UDFA project WR with some size taken either, just for development. Here your looking at guys like Ernie Wheelwright, JJ Moore, Rasheed Rancher, Jerome Simpson, Alonzo Banks, Elfren
Quillen, and others.

TE-Need to find a pass catching TE to replace Royal, you need to read the TE thread in the scouting zone to get a good feel for how bad our situation is. Zach Miller a rookie for Oakland outproduced Royal this year thats inexcusable as far as Im concerned.

OC-We need to find not only a Center but a guy who can really lead our line with a young QB at the helm. I dont think this has to be a vet necessairly but it would probably be best to bring in a guy like Jeff Faine.

OG-I want a road grader in the middle to replace Butler. He hasnt played poorly what so ever, I just think we can do better. A guy like Jordan Grimes in Round 2 would create mammoth holes for Lynch and Jackson to spring through next year.

DE-Id like to see a late round pure pass rush guy brought in. I think Kelsay is better suited for a role like this but since we are paying him starter money he's going to be a starter and I think all the downs are wearing on him. I would mind bringing in a young guy similar to what the Giants have in Justin Tuck.

DT-We need a guy to start oppositte McCargo, obviously Dorsey or Ellis would be wonderful but I dont see them falling far enough so we are then looking at guys like Balmer, Moore, and maybe a Corey Williams in FA.

LB-A fast OLB to compliment Poz in the middle is a must have this offseason, I think the ideal guy for our system is a Beau Bell, Phillip Wheeler or a Ali Highsmith if any of them are avail in Rd 3 they should be snatched immediately.

CB-We need to pickup 1 or 2 CB's both need to have size, Im not at all sold on any of the top end CB's in this class and I think the small school route may be the better way here as there are two guys who I think could be two steals in Dominique Rodgers-Croamartie and Brandon Carr. Both have size (atleast 6'0) and enough speed to cover man up or in a zone. DRC is a play maker while Carr is shut down corner type. Competition level is of course a question mark but Ive seen both play and Im convinced.

justasportsfan
An OC with a brain.

DraftBoy
12-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Forgot one;

QB-We need a project/developmental QB in the system, Edwards is the starter next year without a doubt but we need to be constantly developing somebody behind him to see if we can find the next Brady or whatever. Some names are Josh Johnson, Ricky Santos, Kevin McConell, Joe Flacco.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2007, 11:51 AM
OG-I want a road grader in the middle to replace Butler. He hasnt played poorly what so ever, I just think we can do better. A guy like Jordan Grimes in Round 2 would create mammoth holes for Lynch and Jackson to spring through next year.

Road graders are over-rated as they often struggle in pass protection and when pulling.

Butler is the most improved player on the team after one year as a starter, I am not ready to give up on him. Guard is around 10th on my list.

DraftBoy
12-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Road graders are over-rated as they often struggle in pass protection and when pulling.

Butler is the most improved player on the team after one year as a starter, I am not ready to give up on him. Guard is around 10th on my list.

We've been over this already and I disagree, your generalizing a term. Road Graders are not meant to be pulling guards and if they are used as such they are going to be bad at it, hence the term. And the name I mentioned Jordan Grimes is a very good pass protector, but he excels at the run game. Again I didnt say Butler was bad, I just said we can improve the posistion.