The Bills REALLY need to get a backup decent QB in here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

The Bills REALLY need to get a backup decent QB in here.

Watching Trent painfully struggle out there makes me very concerned. I thought we had something in him. I can't wait 2-3 years for him to come into his own. Go out there and get a young vet who can play in cold weather. OOOOOOOO, I'm dying again! (Bugs Bunny).
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Bills REALLY need to get a backup decent QB in here.

Good post. But who is out there? Todd Collins?

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I think Trent is going to be fine. I'd much rather see us pick up a vet to back him up, as opposed to drafting another young guy in April.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• blackonyx89
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
        Good post. But who is out there? Todd Collins?
        I think the system he's created by Fairchild is partially to blame. I also think that Jauron and his whitebread style of football is hurting this team! Loosen up,guys!!!

Last edited by blackonyx89; 12-30-2007, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by blackonyx89
          I think the system he's craeted by Fairchild is partially to blame. I also think that Jauron and his whitebread style of football is hurting this team! Loosen up,guys!!!

I agree that it's the system. But I also don't see enough out of Trent. He has not wowed me yet. So far, he's just another mediocre QB, another Trent Dilfer. Sure that is good with a rookie, but next year I expect to see more.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

I agree that it's the system. But I also don't see enough out of Trent. He has not wowed me yet. So far, he's just another mediocre QB, another Trent Dilfer. Sure that is good with a rookie, but next year I expect to see more.
            IMO the system would be fine with better production from the QB position. We don't have a QB that is any threat to defenses and pay for it.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
              IMO the system would be fine with better production from the QB position. We don't have a QB that is any threat to defenses and pay for it.
              That's a good point too. Who is afraid of Trent? He doesn't throw the ball downfield at all, and is still captain checkoff. He needs to make a team pay for all that pressure or else the offense will continue to look like ****!

Comment

• blackonyx89
                • Mar 2005

That's a good point too. Who is afraid of Trent? He doesn't throw the ball downfield at all, and is still captain checkoff. He needs to make a team pay for all that pressure or else the offense will continue to look like ****!
                That's the problem. He's too safe! The coaching reflects the style of quarterbacking. No balls at all!

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Top Quarterbacks
                  Derek Anderson, RFA, Cleveland Browns
                  Anderson has been one of the biggest surprises in all of the NFL. He’s passed for 3,635 yards and has 28 touchdowns to 18 interceptions, while leading Cleveland to a shot at the playoffs. He’s also been able to add three rushing touchdowns to his totals. While he has had the benefit of strong receiving options, he has also done his job well above average. There have been rumors that the Browns may look to trade first-round quarterback selection Brady Quinn. Whether or not the rumors are true, Cleveland can’t afford to let Anderson leave town after the way his play has helped the franchise turnaround. The franchise tag could be applied to Anderson, but the Browns will likely to sign him to an extension before it reaches that stage.
                  Rex Grossman, UFA, Chicago Bears
                  Daunte Culpepper, UFA, Oakland Raiders
                  Josh McCown, UFA, Oakland Raiders
                  Quinn Gray, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars

Other Free Agent Quarterbacks
                  Ken Dorsey UFA Cleveland Browns
                  Ryan Fitzpatrick RFA Cincinnati Bengals
                  Drew Henson UFA Minnesota Vikings
                  Cleo Lemon UFA Miami Dolphins
                  Jared Lorenzen UFA New York Giants
                  Jamie Martin UFA New Orleans Saints

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

I'm going to say it right now, I would offer our 1st rounder straight up for Derek Anderson. And maybe a conditional pick.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                      I'm not sold by any means on Edwards. He has looked good at times and like total dog crap at others.

Bu the OC sucks balls...

Comment

• blackonyx89
                        • Mar 2005

Top Quarterbacks
                        Derek Anderson, RFA, Cleveland Browns
                        Anderson has been one of the biggest surprises in all of the NFL. He’s passed for 3,635 yards and has 28 touchdowns to 18 interceptions, while leading Cleveland to a shot at the playoffs. He’s also been able to add three rushing touchdowns to his totals. While he has had the benefit of strong receiving options, he has also done his job well above average. There have been rumors that the Browns may look to trade first-round quarterback selection Brady Quinn. Whether or not the rumors are true, Cleveland can’t afford to let Anderson leave town after the way his play has helped the franchise turnaround. The franchise tag could be applied to Anderson, but the Browns will likely to sign him to an extension before it reaches that stage.
                        Rex Grossman, UFA, Chicago Bears
                        Daunte Culpepper, UFA, Oakland Raiders
                        Josh McCown, UFA, Oakland Raiders
                        Quinn Gray, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars

Other Free Agent Quarterbacks
                        Ken Dorsey UFA Cleveland Browns
                        Ryan Fitzpatrick RFA Cincinnati Bengals
                        Drew Henson UFA Minnesota Vikings
                        Cleo Lemon UFA Miami Dolphins
                        Jared Lorenzen UFA New York Giants
                        Jamie Martin UFA New Orleans Saints

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Time for an upgrade,big time!!! I'm sorry Trent needs to hold the clipboard (in a freezer) and watch a decent vet in action.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

How in god's name do you not see enough in Edwards, but could patiently sit and make excuses for Losman? it is his first season, he's playing on one of the worst offensively coordinated teams. just admit that you don't like the guy because he knocked out your white knight.

This board is impossible to read sometimes. the same 10 people keep saying that can't see anything in trent when trent seems to play significantly better than losman ever did. and shows that he's a good decision maker. he needs more weapons and some real play calling.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

After the past 3 weeks especially, I am not 100% sold on TE, but there is no way this team is using a day 1 pick on a QB (nor should they). If TD were still GM, that could happen, but not under Marv and TM. If JP is traded instead of kept as back-up, I'd love to see Lorenzen brought in.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

I'm going to say it right now, I would offer our 1st rounder straight up for Derek Anderson. And maybe a conditional pick.
                              My God Mikey, are you nuts???

That would be the dumbest thing this organization could do.

You gave Losman 3 years. Why not give Trent at least one?
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X