PDA

View Full Version : Call out the coaches all you want

Typ0
12-30-2007, 02:54 PM
this team has seriously overachieved this season. There should be no gripes about the coaching staff.

YardRat
12-30-2007, 02:58 PM
To a certain point I agree.

Criticism of Fairchild is warranted to a certain point, though, and Jauron is on my short leash officially for '08 as of the end of this game.

We should be in the playoffs next year.

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 02:59 PM
this team has seriously overachieved this season. There should be no gripes about the coaching staff.

If you believe this, then you must be drinking too much EggNog.

hydro
12-30-2007, 03:00 PM
This team is going to be 7-9 with the most players on the IR in the league. You have to give the coaches some kind of credit.

Ebenezer
12-30-2007, 03:00 PM
The coaches lost the Dallas game....

however, they have gotten the most of the talent they have....

however, they are not aggressive enough to get this team as good as it could be and to challenge the powerhouses of this league.

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 03:02 PM
This team is going to be 7-9 with the most players on the IR in the league. You have to give the coaches some kind of credit.

The crap about all the players on IR is just that...CRAP! Besides POZ, most of those guys wouldn't even be on another teams roster, so please don't use that excuse.

jamze132
12-30-2007, 03:04 PM
This team sure as hell didn't over achieve on offense nor did the defense over achieve on 3rd down stops...

hydro
12-30-2007, 03:05 PM
The crap about all the players on IR is just that...CRAP! Besides POZ, most of those guys wouldn't even be on another teams roster, so please don't use that excuse.

You are just helping to make my point. These are players that aren't very talented, and WE ARE 7-9. Do you not see that this team shouldn't have won that many games??!!??

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 03:05 PM
This team sure as hell didn't over achieve on offense nor did the defense over achieve on 3rd down stops...

How exactly is being almost last in offense and last on defense overachieving????

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 03:15 PM
You are just helping to make my point. These are players that aren't very talented, and WE ARE 7-9. Do you not see that this team shouldn't have won that many games??!!??

And the reason we don't have better players is because Ralphy is cheap. I'll change my tune if he gets some REAL players in here this year. This team has some stupid amount of money to spend (something like 35 million), so if he really wants to win, he can go a long ways toward doing that. We will see.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Ralph is not cheap.

How many times does that have to be disproven???

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2007, 03:18 PM
If you believe this, then you must be drinking too much EggNog.

The talent on the team, especially at the end of the season is more along the lines of a 3 win team, not a 7 win team.

If you don't see that, you are in the egg nog too heavily.

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 03:19 PM
The talent on the team, especially at the end of the season is more along the lines of a 3 win team, not a 7 win team.

This is true, but YOU refuse to blame it on Marv and Ralphy?!?! Who's fault is it that we don't have quality players on this team?

hydro
Ralph is not cheap.

Then you expect him to come out and spend some money this offseason?

YardRat
I can't believe anybody still has egg nog left. Mine was toast the day after Xmas.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2007, 03:20 PM
This is true, but YOU refuse to blame it on Marv and Ralphy?!?! Who's fault is it that we don't have quality players on this team?

For one, they are undergoing mass rebuilidng after TD left.

Secondly, not many teams (if any) have 70 talented players available.

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 03:21 PM

That's all I'm saying. Prove it to Bills fans by spending some money on QUALITY players, not second hand crap that nobody else wants. Show me this and I'll change my tune.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2007, 03:21 PM

He did last offseason, so why not this offseason?

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 03:22 PM
For one, they are undergoing mass rebuilidng after TD left.

Secondly, not many teams (if any) have 70 talented players available.

You are full of excuses. This team has been rebuilding for the past 10 years and the one constant has been Ralphy. Bring in some REAL football minds and then we'll see this team improve. Stop hiring coaches because they're cheap and maybe, just maybe, we'll see a winner in Buffalo again.

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 03:23 PM

Wrong, he paid for Dockery and overpaid for Walker. Then he came out with this stupid cash to cap crap. That is not spending money to win.

shelby
12-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Typ0...i agree with you, brother. This team surpassed my lowly expectations this season!
:gobills:

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Typ0...i agree with you, brother. This team surpassed my lowly expectations this season!
:gobills:

And this is good enough for you?

shelby
12-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Nighthawk, you're channeling Op.

Since i anticipated a 6-10 or 7-9 season, and since we had 15 players on IR before this week....yes, it's good enough for me for this year.

i love this team, even when they are mediocre.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2007, 03:30 PM
And this is good enough for you?

Even with all the injuries, the team surpassed my expectations for the season....so as a stepping stone in the rebuilding process it's very encouraging.

jamze132
12-30-2007, 03:31 PM
How exactly is being almost last in offense and last on defense overachieving????
Uh... I never said they over achieved... read my previous post again smart guy.

I made it perfectly clear what areas where we clearly didn't over achieve.

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Uh... I never said they over achieved... read my previous post again smart guy.

I made it perfectly clear what areas where we clearly didn't over achieve.

No, no...that wasn't directed at you, so don't get upset. I was backing you up.

jamze132
12-30-2007, 03:39 PM

And how many games did we win at the end of the season?

We went 0-3. The talent on this team didn't win any games near the end.

jamze132
12-30-2007, 03:41 PM
No, no...that wasn't directed at you, so don't get upset. I was backing you up.
My bad... :cheers:

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 03:43 PM
My bad... :cheers:

No problem.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Wrong, he paid for Dockery and overpaid for Walker. Then he came out with this stupid cash to cap crap. That is not spending money to win.

Cash to cap is not a problem, at least not over the long term.

It is like not using a credit card like other teams do.

Discotrish
12-30-2007, 03:48 PM

With rankings near the cellar on Offense and Defense, I can't imagine what UNDER-achieving would've looked like.

Patti

Typ0
12-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Cash to cap is not a problem, at least not over the long term.

It is like not using a credit card like other teams do.

over the long term it means you have spent less dollars on player acquisitions.

G. Host
12-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Ralph is not cheap.

One more time than you can ever possibly explain to some.

G. Host
12-30-2007, 10:15 PM
And the reason we don't have better players is because Ralphy is cheap. I'll change my tune if he gets some REAL players in here this year. This team has some stupid amount of money to spend (something like 35 million), so if he really wants to win, he can go a long ways toward doing that. We will see.

No matter how much you tune a broken bullhorn it will just be a lot of noise.

realdealryan
12-30-2007, 10:16 PM
I agree that we overacheived. But the fact that we overacheived clearly implies an assumption that we shouldn't have finished 7-9. And I'm pointing a special finger at the coaching staff. I'm with Josh Reed- predictable, boring offense that set a team record low for touchdowns this year.

Spiderweb
12-31-2007, 02:25 AM

That's absolute rubbish. Fairchild earned and deserves all the rage directed his way. Jauron has had his pluses (that the team kept playing) and his minuses (the QB flip flopping) as well as a many questionable decisions during the games, and while deserving of a more even handed approach, he was not without negatives and thus is fair game as well.

Even Fewell has earned criticism and he actually seemed to have a clue from time to time.

BillsFever21
12-31-2007, 03:57 AM

You have to spend some money. We are 20 million under the cash to cap. That is pathetic. A normal ran cap and we would be 35+ under the cap. This is being cheap.

Big deal so he spent some money on a couple players. Can he go into the year 35 million under cash to cap and about 50 million under a real cap? He has to spend at least some money. This is not baseball where a team like the Florida Marlins can collect all the luxury taxes and revenue sharing but then put a 10 million dollar payroll on the field.

Ralph is a genius though. He can make people like you believe that he is a big spender even though it has been proven for years he isn't. Any money that was spent last year was money that came off the books from losing Clements and Fletcher to FA and trading Spikes and Willis. That was about 15 million in salary. He added about 12 million in salary with Dockery and Walker.

Now if payroll like that would've been kept and he also ADDED payroll to it then that would be called spending some money. Getting rid of starters to dump payroll and then using some of the money saved to spend on other players is called replacing players and not upgrading the payroll.

We have been 10-20 million under the salary cap for about 3 years straight now and he isn't cheap? Before it was bad but now it is just pathetic. With the cap what it was before he could reasonably spend to most of it and still turn his self designated profit.

Now that the cap has went up it is just downright pathetic that he needs to come up with his own cap to raise salaries for that season instead of spreading it out so he doesn't sit there 50 million under the cap and get laughed and ran out of the NFL. The cap has went up but when every other team is using that money to try and improve Ralph is still spending the same amount or even less.

When a team are giving out player salaries that are 9 million for that season instead of 3 million on every other team and you are STILL 20 million under the salary cap then that raises serious issues. Ralph is smart enough to make it look to some people that he is trying as hard as the other 31 teams. Ralph is either very smart or they are very dumb or gullable to beleive it. It may be a little bit of both.

BillsFever21
12-31-2007, 04:08 AM
It truly is sad that the expectations have fell so low for some people that they are happy when we score about 18 TD's on offense all season, rank almost last in both offense and defense, and only have a better record then 8 other teams in the league while in the worst division in the NFL and playing the other 3rd place teams. All that while having probably the easiest schedule in the NFL and this makes some people excited? A team that once they started playing some real teams again tanked their season away by getting their asses kicked 3 games in a row to end the season?

If we had been in ANY other division in the NFL we would be that 3 or 4 win team you were talking about. We were only a 3 win team outside of the division(3-7) We played 10 of our 16 games against teams with a losing record with 6 of them being against teams who won less then 5 games on the season.

We are not even much better then the Jets. The only difference between the Jets and us are 13 points. That is the total margin of victory we squeaked out late in the games against them. They even win one of them games and they win one less game then us on the season.

This is a team you are excited about? A team that is barely better then the Jets? A team that beat one team with a winning record that was in the worst situation they could possibly be in when we beat them? But hey we had a better record then 8 other teams and an easier record then 6 of them.

I would call a 7 win season successful had it been in a good division(like the Texans who won 8 games) with a difficult schedule that caused us to lose to close games to some great teams. This was not the case.

The New York Jets took a schedule like this and won 10 games with it last year and made it to the playoffs. We took that same kind of schedule to 7 wins. You see where the Jets are this year don't you.

Historian
12-31-2007, 06:13 AM
The defense over achieved.

The offense was putrid.

Lindell was our best offensive player.

That HAS TO change next year.

mchurchfie
12-31-2007, 06:32 AM
I agrre, everyone talks like we had a bunch of All-pros sitting on the IR. POZ should never have been on the longterm IR. He looks like he could have been playing weeks ago. Another boneheaded move by this ******ed organization.

zone
12-31-2007, 07:25 AM
At the beginning of the year people were saying that this team wouldn’t win 3 games and that was before the tidal wave of starters went on IR and at the end of the day we were 1 min away from being 9-7 and for the most part competitive in the majority of the games this year and in the playoff race until 2 weeks ago.

Yes it hurts that it’s another year with no playoffs and no I am not happy, but at the same time I can clearly see that these players Billieve in what they are being told. To have players that would normally be practice squad players believing that they can start and win against anyone is clearly an achievement. Look at players like Jackson, Greer, Gaines, and Scott to name a few these are players that were scrubs; most of them had been given up on and they all made huge plays for us over the season and that was because of head coaching hands down.

That is not to say the offensive play calling was not completely predictable, but DJ obviously practiced what he preached and believed that Fairchild was going to do the job.

justasportsfan
12-31-2007, 08:45 AM
defensively. Offensively we underachieved stunk up the joint.