PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sorry But On Fourth And Inches...

Discotrish
12-30-2007, 03:43 PM
...either you QB sneak it like Gag Brady's been doing all year, or you take the points because you need to score again anyway. (and we all know the 2-point conversion attempt would've been painful had we gotten that far.)

You do NOT start four yards in the backfield, only to watch your guy gain 3.75 yards. Or worse, 4 yards, and you're still short by inches. Not unless you have a Super Stud offensive line, which I don't believe anyone has accused us of having this year.

And to top it off, you do NOT waste a time out reviewing the play when it was obvious at first glance to the most disgusted viewer that he didn't make it.

The points would've been useful to have, if you can't manage to call a sure thing play. AND, even if they got stuffed on a QB sneak, I'd say oh well we didn't get the push we needed, or too bad the Eagles got that much penetration.

But it still would've been a better call than that stupid thing they ran.

Patti

YardRat
12-30-2007, 03:45 PM
I would've thrown the ball the second time.

Cntrygal
12-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I was pretty pissed. A guy trying to order a beer moved back from the side of the bar pretty fast (he thought he had obstructed my view I think - if he had... I would've bought him the damn beer).

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-30-2007, 05:59 PM
How freaking sad is it that we cant move the ball 2 inches with all the $coots we spent on this line!!!!!!

Historian
12-31-2007, 07:00 AM
On Fourth and inches we run a play where the quarterback takes a five step drop before handing off.

On third and thirteen, we run a play where the quarterback takes a three step drop and throws off his back foot.

Can anybody explain that to me?

The King
12-31-2007, 07:06 AM
We could stuff the FB up the gut....

oh wait we dont have a full back.

njsue
12-31-2007, 07:12 AM
On Fourth and inches we run a play where the quarterback takes a five step drop before handing off.

On third and thirteen, we run a play where the quarterback takes a three step drop and throws off his back foot.

Can anybody explain that to me?

How obvious were those calls yesterday! Philly Knew it all the time.

See ya fairchild ! THANK GOD

justasportsfan
12-31-2007, 10:00 AM
All the times that Fairchild was our OC, can you remember when such a play was ever called or designed for either qb's to run?
Never. Faichild is an idiot. Check out the qb rush TD.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K2m1QaZ90EA