PDA

View Full Version : Trent will be the starter so stop the whinning!

HHURRICANE
12-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Trent will be the starter next year no doubt. There will not be a QB competition so you can stop the whinning.

I think the effort would be better focused on who's challenging Evans for the number 1 spot.

Evans had 1 catch for 2 yards today. Could you imagine Randy Moss or Owens doing that? Impressive.

Typ0
12-30-2007, 04:02 PM
We need a real #1 receiver no question but choosing TE as the QB next year now is a mistake. He's got a lot of work to do and this offseason is going to determine if he makes it or not. We need a starting quality QB in here and let them fight for the job. If TE does well then he will win the job. Either way, hopefully you have two guys you can win with which is what you need.

Discotrish
12-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Okay no more winning.

Patti

HHURRICANE
12-30-2007, 04:05 PM
I would make the case that giving Edwards the job early creates continuity going into the season.

When Losman was named the starter he hadn't started a game.

There is no doubt in my mind that there will absolutely be no QB competition.

Typ0
12-30-2007, 04:07 PM
I would make the case that giving Edwards the job early creates continuity going into the season.

and your argument would be correct there would be more continuity. However, their wouldn't be any knowledge where TE is going to be in camp next year. It's all going to depend on how focused he is and how well he can learn. It just would be too risky. That being said...I can see them saying TE is the starter just to get people focused and then go on about their business of upgrading the position.

SquishDaFish
12-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Im sorry to tell you but if we have a new coach seeing we will have a new GM then there will be an open competition. No job in the NFL is definite year in and out. Stop the Lovefest he hasnt done much yet. Hopefully he keeps improving

HHURRICANE
12-30-2007, 04:10 PM
and your argument would be correct there would be more continuity. However, their wouldn't be any knowledge where TE is going to be in camp next year. It's all going to depend on how focused he is and how well he can learn. It just would be too risky. That being said...I can see them saying TE is the starter just to get people focused and then go on about their business of upgrading the position.

I agree and I'm not saying that a QB competition would be bad but I'm 100% convinced that it ain't happening.

gil
12-30-2007, 06:50 PM
they're going to have to sign a veteran qb to back him up once they are forced to get rid of Losman - granted, that vet won't start immediately, but if Trent turns in another 4 game stretch of ineptitude like this one, who knows...

im4bflo
12-30-2007, 07:04 PM

dude, in your mind, you absolutely think your right :rolleyes: it's just your opinion,
but not right until proven.
TE either goes 3 and out, or only gets us far enough for fieldgoals.
Your love for him is pretty boring. We can see his results.

The Jokeman
12-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Im sorry to tell you but if we have a new coach seeing we will have a new GM then there will be an open competition. No job in the NFL is definite year in and out. Stop the Lovefest he hasnt done much yet. Hopefully he keeps improving
He's done more then JeMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb to name a few. I also think he outplayed guys like Cleo Lemon and Kellen Clements this year. So I'm not ready to enshrine him Canton but do like our future if he continues to develop.

im4bflo
12-30-2007, 07:32 PM
He's done more then JeMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb to name a few. I also think he outplayed guys like Cleo Lemon and Kellen Clements this year. So I'm not ready to enshrine him Canton but do like our future if he continues to develop.

It's deja vu all over again :snicker2: