• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

End of Season Mock

Well Draftboy our dream might have come true.

If Buffalo ends up in the 10-12 range we will have a legit shot at Sedrick Ellis. Of course we MAY have to trade up a spot or two but im going with wishful thinking.

Assuming Buffalo is picking in the 10-12 spots.

1. Sedrick Ellis, DT USC
    2. Jordan Grimes, OG Purdue
    3. (via Ravens) Martin Rucker, TE Missouri
    3. Chevis Jackson, CB LSU
    4. Marcus Howard, DE/LB Georgia
    5. (via Bears) Marcus Monk, WR Arkansas
    5. Amarri Jackson, WR South Florida
    6. Doug Legursky, C Marshall
    7. Wallace Gilberry, DE Alabama
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: End of Season Mock

Originally posted by Devin
    Well Draftboy our dream might have come true.

If Buffalo ends up in the 10-12 range we will have a legit shot at Sedrick Ellis. Of course we MAY have to trade up a spot or two but im going with wishful thinking.

Assuming Buffalo is picking in the 10-12 spots.

1. Sedrick Ellis, DT USC
    2. Jordan Grimes, OG ND
    3. (via Ravens) Martin Rucker, TE Missouri
    3. Chevis Jackson, CB LSU
    4. Marcus Howard, OLB Georgia
    5. (via Bears) Marcus Monk, WR Arkansas
    5. Amarri Jackson, WR South Florida
    6. Doug Legursky, C Marshall
    7. Wallace Gilberry, DE Alabama
    I have no problem with Ellis, assuming we shift McCargo to NT, and Rucker. The rest of your draft I have issues with. As I can't see us taking an OG so early when the need for a WR is far greater and the two you chose I can't see making impacts as rookies so hoping your advocating we bring someone in through free agency.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Yes I am, the two I choose were specifically for their height/build. Tall physical WRs. While id love Bryant Johnson here I dont believe we will get him, but I do believe the position will be addressed via FA.

I have never been a fan of taking a WR in rounds 1-2. I also view the need for a RG with any actual amount of talent greater then that of a need for a WR taken in round 2.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Yes I am, the two I choose were specifically for their height/build. Tall physical WRs. While id love Bryant Johnson here I dont believe we will get him, but I do believe the position will be addressed via FA.

I have never been a fan of taking a WR in rounds 1-2. I also view the need for a RG with any actual amount of talent greater then that of a need for a WR taken in round 2.
        Is Brad Butler an all pro? No but he's been pretty solid for us so can't see us looking to replace him so quickly though drafting someone in Round 3 or 4 or 5 that offers up some depth and groom to eventually succeed Butler isn't out of the question.

The reason I could see taking a WR early as really doubt Lee Evans is going to stick around after his contract ends so we're going to need to find his replacement as well as someone to play opposite him next year. That said think it still be wise to sign an UFA as can't see a rookie really making a huge impact in their first year. I liken it to the year we brought in Quinn Early and drafted Eric Moulds in the first round of the draft.

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The Jokeman
          Is Brad Butler an all pro? No but he's been pretty solid for us so can't see us looking to replace him so quickly though drafting someone in Round 3 or 4 or 5 that offers up some depth and groom to eventually succeed Butler isn't out of the question.

The reason I could see taking a WR early as really doubt Lee Evans is going to stick around after his contract ends so we're going to need to find his replacement as well as someone to play opposite him next year. That said think it still be wise to sign an UFA as can't see a rookie really making a huge impact in their first year. I liken it to the year we brought in Quinn Early and drafted Eric Moulds in the first round of the draft.
          No question C and RG are not only weaknesses but significant ones. Grimes provides the big mauling type of OG we desperatley need on that side.

I dont disagree about WR, I simply disagree as to where we should draft them.

IMO it all starts on the lines. We have to get stronger and add more talent on both sides.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

BTW if we can't get Bryant Johnson another guy we might want to look at is Justin Gage currently of the Titans and formerly of the Bears.

Comment

• m1orenz
              • Aug 2007

most wr's starting in the nfl are drafted in rd's 1-2. It very hard to find one in the 2nd day

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Not a year goes by without some UDFA or some 6th rounder stepping up.

Comment

• Bone
                  Bone
                  • Oct 2006

Rucker is still there in the 3rd round?
                  BILLIEVE

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

yes.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mitch20
                      Rucker is still there in the 3rd round?
                      Good question. As things stand now maybe but as we get closer to April I don't think so as see him as a late Round 2 pick.

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

yeah of course im sure you guys are keeping in mind this mock was made today.

All of those picks may very well change by April.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

You guys are some rough critics, and we absolutely need an OG next year to be a road grader, did you guys not see tonight's game?
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bmax
                            • Aug 2003

What about the guard from Arkansas Felton in rd 4 or 5...I say we wait for guard until 4 or 5 ...

1. Vernon Gholston-DE Ohio ST......Too Good to pass up....Deal denney to make room

2. Limas Sweed-Bowman or Hardy intade up rd 2 top or trade up in bottom of rd 1 ....for extra 3 rd pick

Bmax

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

my ideas and good mock Devin...with trades

1. Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
                              2. DeMario Pressley DT NC State
                              2. Jordan Grimes OG Purdue
                              Traded the two 3s to get back into round 2 for Grimes
                              4. Korey Lichtensteiger C Bowling Green
                              5. Marcus Monk WR Arkansas
                              5. Wesley Woodyard OLB Kentucky
                              6. Mike Peterson TE NW Missouri St
                              6. Patrick Carter WR Louisville
                              7. Kevin O'Connell QB San Diego State

I think that covers all our picks...we're likely to get about a 5th for Losman too.
                              If it is a 5th then I'd go Darnell Terrell CB Missouri

I believe this mock fills all our holes, and fills them quite nicely. Of course after FA this may change depending on who we sign.

I've selected two WRs who are taller targets. Monk at 6'6' and Carter at 6'3" Carter also runs a 4.38

Two corners who will compete for starting spots. Terrell would prolly be a dime corner but he's 6'2" 200, so he can cover bigger receivers in this league. he also runs a 4.43 so he's not slow.

My TE choice is an H-Back-FB-TE mix. Size might be a liability as he's 6'2" 250, so I dunno how well he can block but he's put up good receiving totals. Albeit in Division III. At round 6 though, he fits the offensive scheme and could pay dividends.

Wesley Woodyard has speed and is good in coverage. Fits the system.

I hate Fowler, I think Lichtensteiger would start here. I think I've said this before...and Grimes would definitely start over Preston.

My head scratcher pick though has to be Kevin O'Connell. Has the height and arm strength to be a decent project QB at this level. He may never amount to anything but with Losman prolly on his way out and Hamdan definitely not around next year, we'd need a number 3 guy. I think we go FA for the number 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X