PDA

View Full Version : End of Season Mock

Devin
12-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Well Draftboy our dream might have come true.

If Buffalo ends up in the 10-12 range we will have a legit shot at Sedrick Ellis. Of course we MAY have to trade up a spot or two but im going with wishful thinking.

Assuming Buffalo is picking in the 10-12 spots.

1. Sedrick Ellis, DT USC
2. Jordan Grimes, OG Purdue
3. (via Ravens) Martin Rucker, TE Missouri
3. Chevis Jackson, CB LSU
4. Marcus Howard, DE/LB Georgia
5. (via Bears) Marcus Monk, WR Arkansas
5. Amarri Jackson, WR South Florida
6. Doug Legursky, C Marshall
7. Wallace Gilberry, DE Alabama

The Jokeman
12-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Well Draftboy our dream might have come true.

If Buffalo ends up in the 10-12 range we will have a legit shot at Sedrick Ellis. Of course we MAY have to trade up a spot or two but im going with wishful thinking.

Assuming Buffalo is picking in the 10-12 spots.

1. Sedrick Ellis, DT USC
2. Jordan Grimes, OG ND
3. (via Ravens) Martin Rucker, TE Missouri
3. Chevis Jackson, CB LSU
4. Marcus Howard, OLB Georgia
5. (via Bears) Marcus Monk, WR Arkansas
5. Amarri Jackson, WR South Florida
6. Doug Legursky, C Marshall
7. Wallace Gilberry, DE Alabama

I have no problem with Ellis, assuming we shift McCargo to NT, and Rucker. The rest of your draft I have issues with. As I can't see us taking an OG so early when the need for a WR is far greater and the two you chose I can't see making impacts as rookies so hoping your advocating we bring someone in through free agency.

Devin
12-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Yes I am, the two I choose were specifically for their height/build. Tall physical WRs. While id love Bryant Johnson here I dont believe we will get him, but I do believe the position will be addressed via FA.

I have never been a fan of taking a WR in rounds 1-2. I also view the need for a RG with any actual amount of talent greater then that of a need for a WR taken in round 2.

The Jokeman
12-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Yes I am, the two I choose were specifically for their height/build. Tall physical WRs. While id love Bryant Johnson here I dont believe we will get him, but I do believe the position will be addressed via FA.

I have never been a fan of taking a WR in rounds 1-2. I also view the need for a RG with any actual amount of talent greater then that of a need for a WR taken in round 2.
Is Brad Butler an all pro? No but he's been pretty solid for us so can't see us looking to replace him so quickly though drafting someone in Round 3 or 4 or 5 that offers up some depth and groom to eventually succeed Butler isn't out of the question.

The reason I could see taking a WR early as really doubt Lee Evans is going to stick around after his contract ends so we're going to need to find his replacement as well as someone to play opposite him next year. That said think it still be wise to sign an UFA as can't see a rookie really making a huge impact in their first year. I liken it to the year we brought in Quinn Early and drafted Eric Moulds in the first round of the draft.

Devin
12-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Is Brad Butler an all pro? No but he's been pretty solid for us so can't see us looking to replace him so quickly though drafting someone in Round 3 or 4 or 5 that offers up some depth and groom to eventually succeed Butler isn't out of the question.

The reason I could see taking a WR early as really doubt Lee Evans is going to stick around after his contract ends so we're going to need to find his replacement as well as someone to play opposite him next year. That said think it still be wise to sign an UFA as can't see a rookie really making a huge impact in their first year. I liken it to the year we brought in Quinn Early and drafted Eric Moulds in the first round of the draft.

No question C and RG are not only weaknesses but significant ones. Grimes provides the big mauling type of OG we desperatley need on that side.

I dont disagree about WR, I simply disagree as to where we should draft them.

IMO it all starts on the lines. We have to get stronger and add more talent on both sides.

The Jokeman
12-30-2007, 06:38 PM

BTW if we can't get Bryant Johnson another guy we might want to look at is Justin Gage currently of the Titans and formerly of the Bears.

m1orenz
12-30-2007, 06:54 PM

most wr's starting in the nfl are drafted in rd's 1-2. It very hard to find one in the 2nd day

Devin
12-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Not a year goes by without some UDFA or some 6th rounder stepping up.

Bone
12-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Rucker is still there in the 3rd round?

Devin
12-30-2007, 07:02 PM
yes.

The Jokeman
12-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Rucker is still there in the 3rd round?
Good question. As things stand now maybe but as we get closer to April I don't think so as see him as a late Round 2 pick.

Devin
12-30-2007, 07:05 PM
yeah of course im sure you guys are keeping in mind this mock was made today.

All of those picks may very well change by April.

DraftBoy
12-30-2007, 11:36 PM
You guys are some rough critics, and we absolutely need an OG next year to be a road grader, did you guys not see tonight's game?

Bmax
12-31-2007, 12:27 AM
What about the guard from Arkansas Felton in rd 4 or 5...I say we wait for guard until 4 or 5 ...

1. Vernon Gholston-DE Ohio ST......Too Good to pass up....Deal denney to make room

2. Limas Sweed-Bowman or Hardy intade up rd 2 top or trade up in bottom of rd 1 ....for extra 3 rd pick

Bmax

Mr. Pink
12-31-2007, 02:18 AM
my ideas and good mock Devin...with trades

1. Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
2. DeMario Pressley DT NC State
2. Jordan Grimes OG Purdue
Traded the two 3s to get back into round 2 for Grimes
4. Korey Lichtensteiger C Bowling Green
5. Marcus Monk WR Arkansas
5. Wesley Woodyard OLB Kentucky
6. Mike Peterson TE NW Missouri St
6. Patrick Carter WR Louisville
7. Kevin O'Connell QB San Diego State

I think that covers all our picks...we're likely to get about a 5th for Losman too.
If it is a 5th then I'd go Darnell Terrell CB Missouri

I believe this mock fills all our holes, and fills them quite nicely. Of course after FA this may change depending on who we sign.

I've selected two WRs who are taller targets. Monk at 6'6' and Carter at 6'3" Carter also runs a 4.38

Two corners who will compete for starting spots. Terrell would prolly be a dime corner but he's 6'2" 200, so he can cover bigger receivers in this league. he also runs a 4.43 so he's not slow.

My TE choice is an H-Back-FB-TE mix. Size might be a liability as he's 6'2" 250, so I dunno how well he can block but he's put up good receiving totals. Albeit in Division III. At round 6 though, he fits the offensive scheme and could pay dividends.

Wesley Woodyard has speed and is good in coverage. Fits the system.

I hate Fowler, I think Lichtensteiger would start here. I think I've said this before...and Grimes would definitely start over Preston.

My head scratcher pick though has to be Kevin O'Connell. Has the height and arm strength to be a decent project QB at this level. He may never amount to anything but with Losman prolly on his way out and Hamdan definitely not around next year, we'd need a number 3 guy. I think we go FA for the number 2.

clumping platelets
12-31-2007, 02:25 AM
No question C and RG are not only weaknesses but significant ones. Grimes provides the big mauling type of OG we desperatley need on that side.

I dont disagree about WR, I simply disagree as to where we should draft them.

IMO it all starts on the lines. We have to get stronger and add more talent on both sides.

Brad Butler has started 1 season...........I say we give him another year before we start replacing him. The OL is less of a worry than pass rush, secondary coverage, and more weapons on offense

Don't Panic
12-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Love Ellis at 11 Devin... WR should be addressed in FA - we don't have 3 years to wait for one to develop... no interior lineman until at least the 3rd round.

EDS
12-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Yes to Ellis in round 1 (if available). If not, maybe Rivers.

DraftBoy
12-31-2007, 01:41 PM
Brad Butler has started 1 season...........I say we give him another year before we start replacing him. The OL is less of a worry than pass rush, secondary coverage, and more weapons on offense

Its not about replacing him, its about getting a guy in there that does what he cant. Butler has never been a road grading OG and never will be which is what our line sorely needs, and that was never more evident than in yesterday's game where at least three times we failed to get one yard when we needed it. I know Butler is a fan favorite but guys he's nowhere near an all-pro guard and could easily be replaced. This is part of that accepting mediocrity mentality that a lot of people have touched on this year, imo.

DraftBoy
12-31-2007, 03:44 PM
1. LB Rivers (Trade down 4-5 spots, picking up an extra 3rd)
2. OG Grimes
3a. TE Rucker
3b. CB Dominique Rodgers-Croamartie-Tenn St
3c. Demario Pressley
4. CB Brandon Carr-Grand Valley State
5a. QB Josh Johnson-San Diego
5b. OC Kory Lichensteiger
5c. WR Marcus Monk (From dealing Losman for a 5th)
6. DE Titus Brown-Mississippi State
7. WR Jerome Simpson-Coastal Carolina

UDFA:
TE Kolo Kapanui-West Texas A&M
DE Erik Bakhtiari-San Diego
DE Curtis Johnson-Clark Atlanta
WR Rasheed Rancher-Massachusetts
WR Micah Rucker-Eastern Illinois
OL Jeff Monaco-Yale
DT Vernon Bryant-Hampton

Devin
12-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Showoff!!!!

Nah thats a stout draft man, I love the Rivers pick as well as DRC and rucker in the 3rd. That draft would be killer for us.

DraftBoy
12-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Showoff!!!!

Hater

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Its not about replacing him, its about getting a guy in there that does what he cant. Butler has never been a road grading OG and never will be which is what our line sorely needs, and that was never more evident than in yesterday's game where at least three times we failed to get one yard when we needed it. I know Butler is a fan favorite but guys he's nowhere near an all-pro guard and could easily be replaced. This is part of that accepting mediocrity mentality that a lot of people have touched on this year, imo.

It is not about accepting mediocrity.

It is about realizing there are greater needs than replacing a guard who played OK, but not great, in first year starting and second year in the league.

TE is a greater need. WR is a greater need. At least one, if not two, CBs are a greater need. OLB is a greater need. DT is a greated need. Center is a greater need.

Devin
12-31-2007, 07:48 PM

It is about realizing there are greater needs than replacing a guard who played OK, but not great, in first year starting and second year in the league.

TE is a greater need. WR is a greater need. At least one, if not two, CBs are a greater need. OLB is a greater need. DT is a greated need. Center is a greater need.

I agree about greater needs, I disagree about Butler.

No hes not terrible. Saying Butler played "OK" is probably a matter of opinion. Imo he is a backup OT who was asked to start at RG and filled in mediocre to average. He didnt scare anyone, he didnt move anyone around, and basically he simply helped give trent a little time. Nothing more, he did what most any 4th or 5th round rookie could do. As has been stated numerous times, half this teams problem is the sort of undersized, weak players we have that get shoved around every game. At OG and arguably C we need a big nasty, mauling road grader. A guy who is going to allow us to attempt to run to the right side. Brad Butler couldnt start on most teams, hes starting on ours out of necessity not skill.

Sure OG on some lists isnt ahead of say DT or WR or TE. And It would be the same for me, I dont believe it to be our biggest priority. That said if we have a chance to pickup a guy like Grimes in the 2nd im all for it.

Everyones "need list" is different. Hell you say we need at least 1 if not two CB's while half the billszone are ready to give Greer a Clements like contract. And while I disagree with your statement about CB's being a greater need I do agree it is a need.

Night Train
01-01-2008, 07:51 AM
I still believe we have an Offense where the short pass would open up some running lanes. The opposing D's are just stuffing the line and you must force them to spread out. The only position I would seek to upgrade now is Center.

DT,DT,OLB,#2 WR,TE,C. I really don't care if they arrive via FA or the Draft. Just find them.

DraftBoy
01-01-2008, 11:37 AM

No it is about accepting mediocrity, you said it yourself Butler played Ok, but you dont want to improve the posistion if possible? Of course Im not saying Grimes is better than Butler right now (though the case could be made) and who knows if he would be able to start or not, and I shudder to think about Kirk Chambers seeing the field one more time on this offense. The Draft is not about drafting for need every pick, Grimes has a 1st Round grade but will likely fall to Rd 2, I see no reason to pass on the best OG in the draft to reach for a TE or WR? In the 2nd Rucker is a reach (sorry Devin), unless we trade down. I dont even think Davis will be available, nor will Sweed. After Sweed there is a decent fall off between the WR's, and Im not sold on Mario Manningham. DT wise, well we really dont want to go there bc there is not a 2nd Round worthy guy in my opinion, unless Balmer falls. There is no OC worth drafting till Round 4 at the earliest, so again I ask why cant we take Grimes, who is the best at his posistion in this draft, and continue to improve in the trenches? It makes no sense to reach for somebody else and pass on the BPA.

DraftBoy
01-01-2008, 11:41 AM
I still believe we have an Offense where the short pass would open up some running lanes. The opposing D's are just stuffing the line and you must force them to spread out. The only position I would seek to upgrade now is Center.

DT,DT,OLB,#2 WR,TE,C. I really don't care if they arrive via FA or the Draft. Just find them.

A short passing attack wont force a D to spread out, they could play a sit down zone and still have 8-9 guys in the box. Plus with TE in there we had a pretty good short passing game and I think Lynch had one 100 yard game.

mysticsoto
01-01-2008, 09:40 PM
No it is about accepting mediocrity, you said it yourself Butler played Ok, but you dont want to improve the posistion if possible? Of course Im not saying Grimes is better than Butler right now (though the case could be made) and who knows if he would be able to start or not, and I shudder to think about Kirk Chambers seeing the field one more time on this offense. The Draft is not about drafting for need every pick, Grimes has a 1st Round grade but will likely fall to Rd 2, I see no reason to pass on the best OG in the draft to reach for a TE or WR? In the 2nd Rucker is a reach (sorry Devin), unless we trade down. I dont even think Davis will be available, nor will Sweed. After Sweed there is a decent fall off between the WR's, and Im not sold on Mario Manningham. DT wise, well we really dont want to go there bc there is not a 2nd Round worthy guy in my opinion, unless Balmer falls. There is no OC worth drafting till Round 4 at the earliest, so again I ask why cant we take Grimes, who is the best at his posistion in this draft, and continue to improve in the trenches? It makes no sense to reach for somebody else and pass on the BPA.

I think it's important that we fill some holes in FA so we don't leave everything to the draft. I don't think a new OG would likely replace Butler - atleast not immediately. As I have stated several times, I think the entire Oline could use a good strength training regimen in the offseason. I certainly hope they take that approach to it. I'm not worried for Peters and Dockery, since I felt some of our opponents seemed to lean toward that side more when they thought we were running...but it wouldn't hurt for all of them to hit the weights for 6 months and come to TC with hulking arms and thighs!!! Our Oline would be the talk of every analyst out there!

yordad
01-02-2008, 12:22 AM
I think Butler did "OK" and should be better. I would prefer to swing a center somehow predraft. But I have no ideas on any. Where is that center Sullivan projected in the draft?

I think Poz's return will move Digi to the weak side. Which, won't make it an all league set, but will no longer make it a top priority.

I think the money for D-line is spent, so I doubt any of it will be significantly upgraded, ruling out a top pick.

I think good free agent CBs are very expansive. And, Randy Moss is a beast.

I think upgrading the offensive weapons is a must. Weapons such as TE and WR.

And, I don't know how to feel about Schouman. I'm not sure I've seen enough to bring him in as the projected H-back starter.

I don't follow college football much. But here goes......

1) Malcolm Jenkins
2) Malcolm Kelly will likely be gone. Bowman, Sweed, Hardy. In that order.
3) Best available receiving TE. If Rucker is still available, I will be pleasantly surprised. Maybe we can trade a third and fourth to move up 14ish spots. Either way, there are talented TEs this year. Carlson, Davis, Keller. One should be there.
3) True receiving FB who can carry the ball once a game. Is Owen Schmitt still available here? Or a center if there is an upgrade.
4) FB or center.
5) Best available RG or front seven defender
5) Best available RG or front seven defender
6) Best available RG or front seven defender
7) Best available RG or front seven defender
do we have 2 sevenths?
7) Best available RG or front seven defender

Devin
01-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Im curious where all the talk about Digi has come from.

That guy is a backup. Thats it. Plain and simple. If we need him in a pinch.....fine. But he isnt a starter.

It is my strongest hope that if Ellis isnt there we draft Keith Rivers or Dan Connor. If we trade down to do so fine. Our front 7 have to get better. A lineup of River-Poz-Crowell would be phenomenal.

A lot of this is moot if we dont bring in help via FA.

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 12:44 AM
I think it's important that we fill some holes in FA so we don't leave everything to the draft. I don't think a new OG would likely replace Butler - atleast not immediately. As I have stated several times, I think the entire Oline could use a good strength training regimen in the offseason. I certainly hope they take that approach to it. I'm not worried for Peters and Dockery, since I felt some of our opponents seemed to lean toward that side more when they thought we were running...but it wouldn't hurt for all of them to hit the weights for 6 months and come to TC with hulking arms and thighs!!! Our Oline would be the talk of every analyst out there!

Yea Id like nothing better than to sign Alan Faneca in FA but in doing this I took the approach that the draft was tomorrow, and we had the team as is now. I agree they need a big strength program push this offseason, but I dont think Butler is a long term solution at RG, but I think he's extremely valuable as a versatile backup OL.

mysticsoto
01-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Yea Id like nothing better than to sign Alan Faneca in FA but in doing this I took the approach that the draft was tomorrow, and we had the team as is now. I agree they need a big strength program push this offseason, but I dont think Butler is a long term solution at RG, but I think he's extremely valuable as a versatile backup OL.
I'm not ready to single out Butler like that after his 1st starting season. The entire line was poor at making holes and so I don't think he should bear the brunt of the blame. He was okay. I think we need a Center more desperately than we need a RG. And I understand that we have a weak Center class. But I think if we were to develop a decent passing game with a real #2 WR and a better TE (and even the TEs on our team improved as the season went on) - that would do wonders to open up the run game.

As to the 4th and inches type plays...the entire line faultered on those - so once again, I'm not going to single any single player out. McNally likes versatile linemen, and I think he will likely take someone that he feels is naturally gifted athletically and attempt to mold him into an NFL player. I could see him picking someone at the end of day 1 or beginning of day 2 like: Oniel Cousins (6'4", 305 lbs), Carl Nicks (6'5", 330 lbs)...and for Center...Jamey Richard (6'4", 301 lbs) who incidentally is from Buffalo...or Fernando Velasco (6'4", 318 lbs). These guys show alot of upside but are not ready to start...

Dr. Lecter
01-02-2008, 08:50 AM

I agree with that scenario, but again the accepting mediocrity stuff is BS. He was OK as a first year starter. Maybe take the guard and move Butler over to center. But I am not ready to dump him as a project after one year. If you can improve that position do it, but that is true everywhere (even back-up RB, where the Bills might need to improve on Fred Jackson although not in round 2) It is more about accepting a player that was not a significant weakness and seeing if he improves. There are so many scenarios out there (trading the pick, drafting a CB, etc.) that taking a guard (even if he is there) is just down my list.

Although I do agree that generally BPA is the best approach to take and I have often defended it (See taking Edwards over Hughes that caused mass panic last year)

As for the line making holes, there were oftern LBs making plays so the "road grader" is not necessarily the fix. What will help the running game more than anything is improving the passing game so teams get off the line. It is hard when teams crowd the line because they know the Bills won't/can't throw downfield.

EDS
01-02-2008, 09:12 AM

That guy is a backup. Thats it. Plain and simple. If we need him in a pinch.....fine. But he isnt a starter.

It is my strongest hope that if Ellis isnt there we draft Keith Rivers or Dan Connor. If we trade down to do so fine. Our front 7 have to get better. A lineup of River-Poz-Crowell would be phenomenal.

Couldn't agree more. Defensive front seven is an absolute priority because the offense is such a work in progress. The Bills desparetely need another starting caliber DT and a playmaking OLB.

Throw Poz in the middle and hope he improves. Poz is a bit of a question mark though because of his inability to stay healthy.

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 09:13 AM
I agree with that scenario, but again the accepting mediocrity stuff is BS. He was OK as a first year starter. Maybe take the guard and move Butler over to center. But I am not ready to dump him as a project after one year. If you can improve that position do it, but that is true everywhere (even back-up RB, where the Bills might need to improve on Fred Jackson although not in round 2) It is more about accepting a player that was not a significant weakness and seeing if he improves. There are so many scenarios out there (trading the pick, drafting a CB, etc.) that taking a guard (even if he is there) is just down my list.

Although I do agree that generally BPA is the best approach to take and I have often defended it (See taking Edwards over Hughes that caused mass panic last year)

As for the line making holes, there were oftern LBs making plays so the "road grader" is not necessarily the fix. What will help the running game more than anything is improving the passing game so teams get off the line. It is hard when teams crowd the line because they know the Bills won't/can't throw downfield.

When do we begin accepting OK play as a stater on our OL? Im so confused by this? And yes you improve every position you can regardless of established starter
with Draft Picks. And yes Im not at all opposed to brining in somebody better then Fred Jackson, lets do it and get a great two headed running game going.

Why is OG down on your list? We strugguled to consistently run the ball this year, we have a RG who played only OK, but we want to potentially pass on better players so he can get another shot? That makes no sense, if we can improve the posistion lets do so. How passing on a potentially better player (esp if the Scouting Dept agrees with me) to give Butler another year, is not accepting mediocrity, then I dont know what is. And dont give me this accepting mediocrity is BS, thats crap. Since our run we went from sky high expectations of the players being brought in here, to where all the sudden the fans rush to put anybody up on a pulpit who shows a glimmer of hope. Hell see Trent Edwards this year who has been annoited by many our franchise QB, and for what?

How you can say a road grader wouldnt stop a LB from making plays is kinda beyond me, the point of the OG is to blow his man up and get to the next level to hit the LB before he makes the play. I know we didnt see it at all this year, but thats kinda what Id like to see, either blow your man up or move him out, its really easy for LB's to make plays when there is only one obvious gap to fill, but if there are two or three things all the sudden become much more interesting for our running game.

I agree improving the passing game also would help, but thats almost a philosophical argument, do you run to set up the pass, or pass to set up the run. Either way you got to be competent enough to do both and at this point our offense is borderline ******ed.

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm not ready to single out Butler like that after his 1st starting season. The entire line was poor at making holes and so I don't think he should bear the brunt of the blame. He was okay. I think we need a Center more desperately than we need a RG. And I understand that we have a weak Center class. But I think if we were to develop a decent passing game with a real #2 WR and a better TE (and even the TEs on our team improved as the season went on) - that would do wonders to open up the run game.

As to the 4th and inches type plays...the entire line faultered on those - so once again, I'm not going to single any single player out. McNally likes versatile linemen, and I think he will likely take someone that he feels is naturally gifted athletically and attempt to mold him into an NFL player. I could see him picking someone at the end of day 1 or beginning of day 2 like: Oniel Cousins (6'4", 305 lbs), Carl Nicks (6'5", 330 lbs)...and for Center...Jamey Richard (6'4", 301 lbs) who incidentally is from Buffalo...or Fernando Velasco (6'4", 318 lbs). These guys show alot of upside but are not ready to start...

Im singling out a weakness in our line, why is it always about the players name. I dont care if it was Lynch who only played Ok this year, his name/popularity amongst fans should not matter when evaluating his play. We do need a OC more than a RG but unfortunately the FA and Draft class is pretty weak OC wise, which sucks so all we can do is strengthen around it. We need a #2 WR, a threat at TE, and I think a QB to really have an effective passing game, but thats another argument for another time.

As to your 2nd point Im not at all opposed to getting rid of McNally, he has done some good and bad things in his time here, and I think its time to get away from versatile lineman and get some studs in here. Btw Velasco could be a great late rd steal.

mysticsoto
01-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Im singling out a weakness in our line, why is it always about the players name. I dont care if it was Lynch who only played Ok this year, his name/popularity amongst fans should not matter when evaluating his play. We do need a OC more than a RG but unfortunately the FA and Draft class is pretty weak OC wise, which sucks so all we can do is strengthen around it. We need a #2 WR, a threat at TE, and I think a QB to really have an effective passing game, but thats another argument for another time.

As to your 2nd point Im not at all opposed to getting rid of McNally, he has done some good and bad things in his time here, and I think its time to get away from versatile lineman and get some studs in here. Btw Velasco could be a great late rd steal.

I don't have a problem upgrading at RG as long as it doesn't interfere with upgrades at other positions that are more needed - namely #2 WR and TE and possibly CB. I'd be okay with using our second 3rd rd pick on a top OG prospect. But as I said before, I doubt an OG would come in and beat Butler out. It's his 1st real year playing. Give him a break. The right side will not benefit from continual changes and not letting the players gel. At the very least, Butler did well in pass plays and can work at getting stronger for future run plays. Don't count him out yet... On that note, a versatile OLineman is likely what McNally will recommend to be able to draft someone who can play multiple positions in case of injury. I'd be for bringing in a vet also and finally letting Preston go...he's been a huge disappointment and is now from 2 GM generations ago...

The Jokeman
01-02-2008, 09:53 PM

Because as cheap as Ralph is with his cash to cap philosophy it wouldn't shock me if we keep Digi in the middle and move Poz to WLB.