• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

General Manager

Just incase the Levy leaving rumor is true, I want to be the first to throw Bill Cowher's name out there... LOL

I know he won't be our next GM but in the unlikely event he is, I can say I told you so... he he.

BTW, Cowher made it perfectly clear that he was not ready to be a COACH in the NFL again, just the other day...
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Re: General Manager

Cowher is not coming to Buffalo...........

Modrak will be the new head of football operations.....

Bmax

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Bmax
      Modrak will be the new head of football operations.....
      Yup.

He just built a new house in Jacksonville, turned down the GM job before Marv took it, refused to relocate to Buffalo and is 64 years old.

All signs point to you being right.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Marty ball??? Word is was trying to get a gig with atlanta after parcells dropped them for miami.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Try this theory on..............

Jauron to GM. April to Head Coach.

Marv brought Dick and trained him slowly. April became Assistant HC and will now be HC.

Lecter told you first.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
            Marty ball??? Word is was trying to get a gig with atlanta after parcells dropped them for miami.
            I'd take Marty ball. At least his teams make the freaking playoffs!

Comment

• cordog
              eat, drink, and be merry
              • Apr 2003

Yeah I believe it will be Modrak, and I think this was the plan. Obviously with Marv being 82, he wasnt going to be a long term option as GM. He was brought in to bring focus back to the organization that was lost with TD. Modrak has most likely been making most of the personnel decisions anyways. When TD was fired, Modrak wouldnt have taken the GM job with his close friendship with Donohoe, so they bring in Levy for 2 years, call him the GM, then "officially" hand over the reigns to the Modrak.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                Try this theory on..............

Jauron to GM. April to Head Coach.

Marv brought Dick and trained him slowly. April became Assistant HC and will now be HC.

Lecter told you first.
                Hmmm, that would be VERY interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about April. He struggled with his special teams this year, even though they were all scrubs, they still made a bunch of dumb mistakes all year.

Comment

• Kerr
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

I wonder if Ron Wolf would still be interested in Gm'ing.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Don't forget the name Bob Ferguson, he was director of player personnel for the Bills during the 1990s and has been a GM in Arizona and most recently Seattle but stepped down from that position two years ago.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Jan 2004

A source close to the Bills organization tells Channel 2 Sports that Marv Levy is expected to resign as Bills General Manager this week.

A second source has now confirmed the resignation will take place barring a change of heart from Levy.

The decision was confirmed following the Bills' 17-9 loss to Philadelphia on Sunday.

Levy, the Bills former Hall of Fame Coach, served as GM for the past two seasons. The Bills finished both with identical 7-9 records. He is responsible for the hiring of Dick Jauron as head coach and drafting of numerous current Bills starters, such as QB Trent Edwards, RB Marshawn Lynch, and safety Donte Whitner.

The 82-year-old also coached the Bills from 1986 to 1997, helming the team's four runs to the Super Bowl in the early 1990's.

Keep checking wgrz.com for further updates.

Comment

• Bmax
                        • Aug 2003

I believe Ferguson left on bad terms ....I maybe wrong....

As for Modrak i was unaware the Jax home.. I guess that could change things big time....My main point ewas that Cowher coming to Buffalo is not likely....

I would like to see Tom Telesco from Indy in here as a GM or Green Bay's Reggie Mckenzie - no not the Elec company guard....

Bmax

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                          Will not tolerate vandalism.
                          • Apr 2006

Anyone but Modrak or Guy.

Those people are relics of the Donahoe era and we still haven't made the playoffs since they came to town. We need a complete gutting of upper level management here.

Comment

• G. Host
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
                            Incorrect it was the opposite. Blank was trying to get Cowher interested even offering combination position as coach and operations director but he turned it down.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Bmax
                              I believe Ferguson left on bad terms ....I maybe wrong....

As for Modrak i was unaware the Jax home.. I guess that could change things big time....My main point ewas that Cowher coming to Buffalo is not likely....

I would like to see Tom Telesco from Indy in here as a GM or Green Bay's Reggie Mckenzie - no not the Elec company guard....

Bmax
                              I like your outside the organization thinking and also coming up with two names that might available. Of course it's all going to come down to Ralph Wilson, which scares me. As to be honest I'd prefer if Marv stepped down he'd name a successor. As fear Wilson will look and go with someone that feels will be a yes man to him and keep with his philosophy of building through the draft and not spending big money on free agents. As to me what's holding the Bills back from reaching the playoffs is not fully using the cap.

Comment

Working...
                              X