PDA

View Full Version : General Manager

jamze132
12-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Just incase the Levy leaving rumor is true, I want to be the first to throw Bill Cowher's name out there... LOL

I know he won't be our next GM but in the unlikely event he is, I can say I told you so... he he.

BTW, Cowher made it perfectly clear that he was not ready to be a COACH in the NFL again, just the other day...

Bmax
12-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Cowher is not coming to Buffalo...........

Modrak will be the new head of football operations.....

Bmax

Night Train
12-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Modrak will be the new head of football operations.....

Yup.

He just built a new house in Jacksonville, turned down the GM job before Marv took it, refused to relocate to Buffalo and is 64 years old.

All signs point to you being right.

Kerr
12-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Marty ball??? Word is was trying to get a gig with atlanta after parcells dropped them for miami.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Try this theory on..............

Jauron to GM. April to Head Coach.

Marv brought Dick and trained him slowly. April became Assistant HC and will now be HC.

Lecter told you first.

Michael82
12-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Marty ball??? Word is was trying to get a gig with atlanta after parcells dropped them for miami.
I'd take Marty ball. At least his teams make the freaking playoffs! :sigh:

cordog
12-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah I believe it will be Modrak, and I think this was the plan. Obviously with Marv being 82, he wasnt going to be a long term option as GM. He was brought in to bring focus back to the organization that was lost with TD. Modrak has most likely been making most of the personnel decisions anyways. When TD was fired, Modrak wouldnt have taken the GM job with his close friendship with Donohoe, so they bring in Levy for 2 years, call him the GM, then "officially" hand over the reigns to the Modrak.

Michael82
12-30-2007, 04:40 PM

Marv brought Dick and trained him slowly. April became Assistant HC and will now be HC.

Lecter told you first.
Hmmm, that would be VERY interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about April. He struggled with his special teams this year, even though they were all scrubs, they still made a bunch of dumb mistakes all year.

Kerr
12-30-2007, 05:13 PM
I wonder if Ron Wolf would still be interested in Gm'ing.

The Jokeman
12-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Don't forget the name Bob Ferguson, he was director of player personnel for the Bills during the 1990s and has been a GM in Arizona and most recently Seattle but stepped down from that position two years ago.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-30-2007, 05:25 PM
A source close to the Bills organization tells Channel 2 Sports that Marv Levy is expected to resign as Bills General Manager this week.

A second source has now confirmed the resignation will take place barring a change of heart from Levy.

The decision was confirmed following the Bills' 17-9 loss to Philadelphia on Sunday.

Levy, the Bills former Hall of Fame Coach, served as GM for the past two seasons. The Bills finished both with identical 7-9 records. He is responsible for the hiring of Dick Jauron as head coach and drafting of numerous current Bills starters, such as QB Trent Edwards, RB Marshawn Lynch, and safety Donte Whitner.

The 82-year-old also coached the Bills from 1986 to 1997, helming the team's four runs to the Super Bowl in the early 1990's.

Keep checking wgrz.com for further updates.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=54016

Bmax
12-30-2007, 05:41 PM
I believe Ferguson left on bad terms ....I maybe wrong....

As for Modrak i was unaware the Jax home.. I guess that could change things big time....My main point ewas that Cowher coming to Buffalo is not likely....

I would like to see Tom Telesco from Indy in here as a GM or Green Bay's Reggie Mckenzie - no not the Elec company guard....

Bmax

Johnny Bugmenot
12-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Anyone but Modrak or Guy.

Those people are relics of the Donahoe era and we still haven't made the playoffs since they came to town. We need a complete gutting of upper level management here.

G. Host
12-30-2007, 05:49 PM

Incorrect it was the opposite. Blank was trying to get Cowher interested even offering combination position as coach and operations director but he turned it down.

The Jokeman
12-30-2007, 05:49 PM
I believe Ferguson left on bad terms ....I maybe wrong....

As for Modrak i was unaware the Jax home.. I guess that could change things big time....My main point ewas that Cowher coming to Buffalo is not likely....

I would like to see Tom Telesco from Indy in here as a GM or Green Bay's Reggie Mckenzie - no not the Elec company guard....

Bmax
I like your outside the organization thinking and also coming up with two names that might available. Of course it's all going to come down to Ralph Wilson, which scares me. As to be honest I'd prefer if Marv stepped down he'd name a successor. As fear Wilson will look and go with someone that feels will be a yes man to him and keep with his philosophy of building through the draft and not spending big money on free agents. As to me what's holding the Bills back from reaching the playoffs is not fully using the cap.

patmoran2006
12-30-2007, 05:52 PM
YOu guys are out of your SKULL if you want Modrak to be GM.

This guy has had his fingerprints on nearly a decade of mediocrity here. You want him to be the GM?

Unfortunately, Wilson as always with coaches and GM will find the cheap hire.. So it probably will be him.

The Jokeman
12-30-2007, 06:00 PM
YOu guys are out of your SKULL if you want Modrak to be GM.

This guy has had his fingerprints on nearly a decade of mediocrity here. You want him to be the GM?

Unfortunately, Wilson as always with coaches and GM will find the cheap hire.. So it probably will be him.
Part of the reason I want him is stability, as we seem to finally be turning the corner for something good and if we bring in someone new it could cause things to go in the wrong direction. As a new GM means new thoughts. Not to mention it offer Jauron little security. Which could be more re-building.

LtBillsFan66
12-30-2007, 06:06 PM
The Bills suck, I am switching to the Giants as they are a superior team.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2007, 06:07 PM
The Bills suck, I am switching to the Giants as they are a superior team.

Good Riddance!

Can I change your username to giantsfanone??

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 06:31 PM

Lecter told you first.

That would be awful. However, it is something that this organization would do.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-30-2007, 06:38 PM
I found this doing a google search

Modrak has done a brilliant job of rebuilding the Eagles. Or as one scout put it, he turned what was the NFL’s outhouse into a penthouse-type situation. Yes, he did get a great deal of help from head coach Andy Reid, and, yes, Joe Banner did a very nice job of handling the cap for him, but Modrak was the guy that made the major moves that set things up and got the organization going in the right direction, much like what Ron Wolf did for the Green Bay Packers.

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/features_2000/spin_050801.asp

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 06:41 PM
I found this doing a google search

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/features_2000/spin_050801.asp

Old news and doesn't change that this organization needs to bring in a fresh, young mind to move this organization in the right direction and give Bills fans hope.

3rdn1
12-30-2007, 07:01 PM
we are forgetting yhat ordoff is makeing all the money moves.....contracts ect....

TigerJ
12-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Yup.

He just built a new house in Jacksonville, turned down the GM job before Marv took it, refused to relocate to Buffalo and is 64 years old.

All signs point to you being right.

:lmao: Well said!

DynaPaul
12-30-2007, 07:38 PM
How about Bobby Beathard?

G. Host
12-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Good Riddance!

Can I change your username to giantsfanone??

Should be same number of letters - jintsfanone is better.

Kerr
12-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Incorrect it was the opposite. Blank was trying to get Cowher interested even offering combination position as coach and operations director but he turned it down.

The rumor was marty was trying to get in atlanta. You're on something else.