Who's not making the '08 roster?! Any surprises?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Who's not making the '08 roster?! Any surprises?

My list:

Price
    Stamer
    Aiken
    Wright
    A. Thomas
    Wire

and my surprise pick:

Hargrove
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Who's not making the '08 roster?! Any surprises?

YOu dont have to worry about Hargrove making the roster; because he wont be here when camp opens.

He's our 4th DE, and trust me he's going to get high #3 DE money in the open market.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      My list:

Price
      Stamer
      Aiken
      Wright
      A. Thomas
      Wire

and my surprise pick:

Hargrove
      Hargrove isn't a surprise in my eyes because he's an UFA. Wright be a mild surprise because he's so young. While I wouldn't advocate it but one surprise could be Josh Reed is he could get caught up in a numbers game if bring in a veteran and rookie early in the draft. As he doesn't offer much in terms of special teams play and Roscoe Parrish might be better suited as a #3 WR.
      Last edited by The Jokeman; 12-30-2007, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Throne Logic
        Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
        • Aug 2002

Cripes, half of our current active defense might not make it, assuming everyone comes back healthy next year. Don't we have something like a dozen picks, too? I see a bunch of hang-on special teams projects like Aiken, Wire, and the like loosing out to fresher backup types picked in the draft. You have to figure that, out of a dozen or more picks, we find at least a couple players who can replace these guys on Special Teams next year.

Does anyone know what the actual amount of draft picks is going to be?
        Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          YOu dont have to worry about Hargrove making the roster; because he wont be here when camp opens.

He's our 4th DE, and trust me he's going to get high #3 DE money in the open market.
          I was pretty high on Hargrove in camp this year but he was just okay on a very bad roster.

His next suspension will be a year so i don't think he's in control of his own destiny.

With that said I won't miss him or most of this crappy D.

Comment

• realdealryan
            realdealrex
            • Nov 2005

My list:

Price ----oh yeah
            Stamer
            Aiken
            Wright
            A. Thomas -----definitely gone
            Wire ----nope, he stays

and my surprise pick:

Hargrove ----Grove gonna get paid and be gone!
            And:

JP!

Comment

• streetkings01
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Which sucks because he's actually as good as Kelsay minus the huge price tag.
              You can call me streetkings

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I really hope Hargrove is re-signed, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go elsewhere.

Price is a foregone conclusion. A.Thomas may surprise by sticking for one more year.

Wire, Stamer, and Aiken...depends on what kind of depth we bring in from elsewhere, but I don't see all three being cut. At least one will still be here for ST's.

I'll go out on a limb and say Tripplett, Fowler, Youboty, and Ellison are on the bubble.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                  I really hope Hargrove is re-signed, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go elsewhere.

Price is a foregone conclusion. A.Thomas may surprise by sticking for one more year.

Wire, Stamer, and Aiken...depends on what kind of depth we bring in from elsewhere, but I don't see all three being cut. At least one will still be here for ST's.

I'll go out on a limb and say Tripplett, Fowler, Youboty, and Ellison are on the bubble.
                  I was really high on Yobouty but he has flat out sucked. He might get cut.

Comment

• G Wolly
                    • Mar 2004

Losman, Price, Royal

Comment

• Bmax
                      • Aug 2003

Losman
                      Denney-Both traded
                      Leonard-Cut

Bmax

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

My list:

Price---I agree
                        Stamer--very probable
                        Aiken--maybe, depends on how Jenkins looks at WR
                        Wright--I think he probably stays, but only because they have other needs
                        A. Thomas--I agree--the only way he stays is as an assistant coach
                        Wire--depends on how bad his neck injury is, if he wants to keep playing, I think he stays

and my surprise pick:

Hargrove--it all depends on him and whether he will take less to stay
                        Here are my additions to those I noted above:

Rock Preston--has shown nothing in 3 years, despite being given every chance in the book, Gaddis or Merz will replace him

Jim Leonard--any HC would love his smarts, but he simply doesn't have the physical ability to get the job done and, with Simpson and G.Wilson returning and Wendling's ST abilities, I can't see him winning a roster spot (I think they have to keep B.Scott as a back-up to Whitner at SS); he would make a great assistant coach on someone's defensive staff.

JP Losman--if they can trade him for a mid-round pick, which may be difficult, I can see them trying to replace him with a cheaper vet back-up QB; otherwise he stays.

Ryan Neufeld--if the Bills keep Gaines, draft a TE and Schouman recovers, his ST skills are replaceable.

Ryan Neill--if the Bills re-sign Hargrove and/or draft a pass rushing DE, he can be replaced by a better long-snapper (the only reason they let Schneck go and kept Neill was because they were short-handed at DE early in the season).

If Kiwaukee Thomas decides he's had enough of playing in Buffalo after his injury, Jeremetrious Butler might have a chance to stick around, but I seriously doubt that he will win a roster spot, especially if the Bills draft a CB. K.Thomas has a shot at winning a roster spot if he returns and the Bills don't take a CB on the first day or want to bring a rookie CB along slowly, but I think the odds are that both of these CBs will be gone.
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                          • Jul 2002

Half this team would have to be listed if we are going to start to build a playoff team.

Comment

• streetkings01
                            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                            Here are my additions to those I noted above:

Rock Preston--has shown nothing in 3 years, despite being given every chance in the book, Gaddis or Merz will replace him

Jim Leonard--any HC would love his smarts, but he simply doesn't have the physical ability to get the job done and, with Simpson and G.Wilson returning and Wendling's ST abilities, I can't see him winning a roster spot (I think they have to keep B.Scott as a back-up to Whitner at SS); he would make a great assistant coach on someone's defensive staff.

JP Losman--if they can trade him for a mid-round pick, which may be difficult, I can see them trying to replace him with a cheaper vet back-up QB; otherwise he stays.

Ryan Neufeld--if the Bills keep Gaines, draft a TE and Schouman recovers, his ST skills are replaceable.

Ryan Neill--if the Bills re-sign Hargrove and/or draft a pass rushing DE, he can be replaced by a better long-snapper (the only reason they let Schneck go and kept Neill was because they were short-handed at DE early in the season).

If Kiwaukee Thomas decides he's had enough of playing in Buffalo after his injury, Jeremetrious Butler might have a chance to stick around, but I seriously doubt that he will win a roster spot, especially if the Bills draft a CB. K.Thomas has a shot at winning a roster spot if he returns and the Bills don't take a CB on the first day or want to bring a rookie CB along slowly, but I think the odds are that both of these CBs will be gone.
                            Dude, Rock Preston was a RB for Florida St.
                            You can call me streetkings

Comment

Working...
                            X