PDA

View Full Version : Who's not making the '08 roster?! Any surprises?

HHURRICANE
12-30-2007, 05:50 PM
My list:

Price
Stamer
Aiken
Wright
A. Thomas
Wire

and my surprise pick:

Hargrove

patmoran2006
12-30-2007, 05:53 PM
YOu dont have to worry about Hargrove making the roster; because he wont be here when camp opens.

He's our 4th DE, and trust me he's going to get high #3 DE money in the open market.

The Jokeman
12-30-2007, 05:56 PM
My list:

Price
Stamer
Aiken
Wright
A. Thomas
Wire

and my surprise pick:

Hargrove
Hargrove isn't a surprise in my eyes because he's an UFA. Wright be a mild surprise because he's so young. While I wouldn't advocate it but one surprise could be Josh Reed is he could get caught up in a numbers game if bring in a veteran and rookie early in the draft. As he doesn't offer much in terms of special teams play and Roscoe Parrish might be better suited as a #3 WR.

Throne Logic
12-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Cripes, half of our current active defense might not make it, assuming everyone comes back healthy next year. Don't we have something like a dozen picks, too? I see a bunch of hang-on special teams projects like Aiken, Wire, and the like loosing out to fresher backup types picked in the draft. You have to figure that, out of a dozen or more picks, we find at least a couple players who can replace these guys on Special Teams next year.

Does anyone know what the actual amount of draft picks is going to be?

HHURRICANE
12-30-2007, 05:58 PM
YOu dont have to worry about Hargrove making the roster; because he wont be here when camp opens.

He's our 4th DE, and trust me he's going to get high #3 DE money in the open market.

I was pretty high on Hargrove in camp this year but he was just okay on a very bad roster.

His next suspension will be a year so i don't think he's in control of his own destiny.

With that said I won't miss him or most of this crappy D.

realdealryan
12-30-2007, 05:59 PM
My list:

Price ----oh yeah
Stamer
Aiken
Wright
A. Thomas -----definitely gone
Wire ----nope, he stays

and my surprise pick:

Hargrove ----Grove gonna get paid and be gone!

And:

JP!

streetkings01
12-30-2007, 05:59 PM

He's our 4th DE, and trust me he's going to get high #3 DE money in the open market.Which sucks because he's actually as good as Kelsay minus the huge price tag.

YardRat
12-30-2007, 06:01 PM
I really hope Hargrove is re-signed, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go elsewhere.

Price is a foregone conclusion. A.Thomas may surprise by sticking for one more year.

Wire, Stamer, and Aiken...depends on what kind of depth we bring in from elsewhere, but I don't see all three being cut. At least one will still be here for ST's.

I'll go out on a limb and say Tripplett, Fowler, Youboty, and Ellison are on the bubble.

HHURRICANE
12-30-2007, 06:07 PM
I really hope Hargrove is re-signed, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go elsewhere.

Price is a foregone conclusion. A.Thomas may surprise by sticking for one more year.

Wire, Stamer, and Aiken...depends on what kind of depth we bring in from elsewhere, but I don't see all three being cut. At least one will still be here for ST's.

I'll go out on a limb and say Tripplett, Fowler, Youboty, and Ellison are on the bubble.

I was really high on Yobouty but he has flat out sucked. He might get cut.

G Wolly
12-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Losman, Price, Royal

Bmax
12-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Losman
Denney-Both traded
Leonard-Cut

Bmax

LifetimeBillsFan
12-30-2007, 06:28 PM
My list:

Price---I agree
Stamer--very probable
Aiken--maybe, depends on how Jenkins looks at WR
Wright--I think he probably stays, but only because they have other needs
A. Thomas--I agree--the only way he stays is as an assistant coach
Wire--depends on how bad his neck injury is, if he wants to keep playing, I think he stays

and my surprise pick:

Hargrove--it all depends on him and whether he will take less to stay

Here are my additions to those I noted above:

Rock Preston--has shown nothing in 3 years, despite being given every chance in the book, Gaddis or Merz will replace him

Jim Leonard--any HC would love his smarts, but he simply doesn't have the physical ability to get the job done and, with Simpson and G.Wilson returning and Wendling's ST abilities, I can't see him winning a roster spot (I think they have to keep B.Scott as a back-up to Whitner at SS); he would make a great assistant coach on someone's defensive staff.

JP Losman--if they can trade him for a mid-round pick, which may be difficult, I can see them trying to replace him with a cheaper vet back-up QB; otherwise he stays.

Ryan Neufeld--if the Bills keep Gaines, draft a TE and Schouman recovers, his ST skills are replaceable.

Ryan Neill--if the Bills re-sign Hargrove and/or draft a pass rushing DE, he can be replaced by a better long-snapper (the only reason they let Schneck go and kept Neill was because they were short-handed at DE early in the season).

If Kiwaukee Thomas decides he's had enough of playing in Buffalo after his injury, Jeremetrious Butler might have a chance to stick around, but I seriously doubt that he will win a roster spot, especially if the Bills draft a CB. K.Thomas has a shot at winning a roster spot if he returns and the Bills don't take a CB on the first day or want to bring a rookie CB along slowly, but I think the odds are that both of these CBs will be gone.

Nighthawk
12-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Half this team would have to be listed if we are going to start to build a playoff team.

streetkings01
12-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Here are my additions to those I noted above:

Rock Preston--has shown nothing in 3 years, despite being given every chance in the book, Gaddis or Merz will replace him

Jim Leonard--any HC would love his smarts, but he simply doesn't have the physical ability to get the job done and, with Simpson and G.Wilson returning and Wendling's ST abilities, I can't see him winning a roster spot (I think they have to keep B.Scott as a back-up to Whitner at SS); he would make a great assistant coach on someone's defensive staff.

JP Losman--if they can trade him for a mid-round pick, which may be difficult, I can see them trying to replace him with a cheaper vet back-up QB; otherwise he stays.

Ryan Neufeld--if the Bills keep Gaines, draft a TE and Schouman recovers, his ST skills are replaceable.

Ryan Neill--if the Bills re-sign Hargrove and/or draft a pass rushing DE, he can be replaced by a better long-snapper (the only reason they let Schneck go and kept Neill was because they were short-handed at DE early in the season).

If Kiwaukee Thomas decides he's had enough of playing in Buffalo after his injury, Jeremetrious Butler might have a chance to stick around, but I seriously doubt that he will win a roster spot, especially if the Bills draft a CB. K.Thomas has a shot at winning a roster spot if he returns and the Bills don't take a CB on the first day or want to bring a rookie CB along slowly, but I think the odds are that both of these CBs will be gone.Dude, Rock Preston was a RB for Florida St.