PDA

View Full Version : Of all the lesser talked about injuries this year...

patmoran2006
12-30-2007, 08:13 PM
I think Kiwi Thomas' was the biggest blow to the team. Did anyone notice how our nickel package went to total **** over the second half of the season once he went down, we had to move Whitner into the slot and Leonhard at FS (Wilson at SS)?

It was awful.

Having said that, I'm not as down on the defense as a complete unit as some others. A healthy Poz and Ko Simpson put DiGiorgio and Wilson back into deserved "depth roles".

I don't think Kyle Williams is good enough to start at DT, but I do think John McCargo is and will take his spot next season.

I also actually think McGee and Greer are adequate enough to remain at corner in a cover two, and would probably both be more effective with a better pass rush.

The one spot I think by FAR is in biggest need of upgrade defensively is with OLB Keith Ellison. To me he's garbage and irrelevent. Most people don't, but I do think Lance Briggs is WORTH the money. Put him with Poz and Crowell and you have one of the best LB tandems in football; with McCargo into the starting lineup I think the defense from the front seven improves.

But at any rate, the Kiwi THomas injury really hurt this team.

G. Host
12-30-2007, 08:19 PM
I agree on Thomas. He would be a terrible #1 or #2 CB but is a very good #3 CB.

I think Briggs looks as good as he does because of players he is surrounded by and for Bills would be like Edgerrin James became when he went to Cardinals.

Devin
12-30-2007, 08:24 PM
I think Briggs looks as good as he does because of players he is surrounded by and for Bills would be like Edgerrin James became when he went to Cardinals.

1200 yards rushing, 200 receiving, 7 TD Edgerrin James?

Cause if so id take Briggs.

patmoran2006
12-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Briggs is a special talent period.

I've watched plenty of Bears football this year. I like to see hester play, I have Urlacher in a sim league and I wanted to see how Darwin Walker looked this year (so so at best)

Lance Briggs is the ****. He's as good or better than Adalius THomas I can tell you that much.

Devin
12-30-2007, 08:36 PM
meh. Briggs is good I give you that but count me amongst those who believe playing with the talent he has around him has helped inflate his status.

G. Host
12-30-2007, 08:36 PM
1200 yards rushing, 200 receiving, 7 TD Edgerrin James?

Cause if so id take Briggs.

Compare that with previous healthy years with Colts - not as good performance with disappointed fans who expected more.

YardRat
12-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Our secondary got smoked this year with injuries. If we can get some of the real athletes back on the field I think the defense will improve immensely.