PDA

View Full Version : Mark Gaughn: Modrak not in line for GM position..

patmoran2006
12-30-2007, 08:37 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/239974.html

"There is not an obvious candidate within the Bills' football department to replace Levy. Tom Modrak is the Bills' director of college scouting, but he would not be in line for the position. He was not interested in leaving his spot as the head college scout the last time the Bills went looking for a general manager."

=====================================================
God, please be right. You know what's ironic (and also scary). Between GM and a new offensive coordinator (which he signs off on), Ralph Wilson far and away becomes the most intrical part of the offseason for the Bills.

Whatever his intentions are with this team will SURELY be exposed over the next few months.

patmoran2006
12-30-2007, 08:38 PM
You want to excite this franchise, potential free agents and this town.

Hire Ron Wolfe, or Charlie Casserly.

Devin
12-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Well if this is true then Levy wont be GM til after the draft, no new guy is going to come in after the draft.

And if it is true and Levy does stay its even worse because it would mean some mong from the FO apart modrak is taking over like Guy or something.

patmoran2006
12-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Well if this is true then Levy wont be GM til after the draft, no new guy is going to come in after the draft.

And if it is true and Levy does stay its even worse because it would mean some mong from the FO apart modrak is taking over like Guy or something.
Ya, but it could also mean Brandon or Overdorf will be promoted to the spot.

Again, I hope not.

Devin
12-30-2007, 08:42 PM

Again, I hope not.

Well yeah but that falls in line with my "some mong from the fo...." comment.

G. Host
Or Marv will be part of interviews and work with whoever they pick. If you can not work with Marv you should not be a GM.

patmoran2006
Overdorf is the one who negotiated Kelsay and Schobel's ridiculous contracts.

WE'll be over the cap in 6 days if he becomes GM.

Devin
12-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Dude weve been rebuilding and band-aiding since 97. Why in the hell would we all of a sudden hire the right people?

patmoran2006
12-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Dude weve been rebuilding and band-aiding since 97. Why in the hell would we all of a sudden hire the right people?
Sadly, true.

Between a GM and offensive coordinator, we can't be putting no band aids over gun shot wounds.

But sadly, I get what you're saying, and you'll probably end up being right.

I have faith in some of these young players..Even though I hate him, I have faith that Jauron does the best job he's capable of.

I do not have any faith in Ralph Wilson's committment to winning.. NONE, zero.

m1orenz
12-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Overdorf is the one who negotiated Kelsay and Schobel's ridiculous contracts.

WE'll be over the cap in 6 days if he becomes GM.

did he actually do any negotiating or did he just except their first offer?

djjimkelly
12-30-2007, 09:05 PM

Again, I hope not.

i talked to mike mularky in aruba last march and he told me that overdorf was basically the GM already.

and that was reason he didnt want to stay as the head coach.

after watching DICK for 2 seasons i wish we still had mularky or williams as the head coach at least our defense would be interesting