PDA

View Full Version : STILL THINK JAURON WONT GET AXED

djjimkelly
12-30-2007, 08:59 PM
not many times in the nfl does a GM leave or step and then have a new GM come in and not bring in his own head coach. own philosophy and so on.

my wish/prediction is starting to come true expect some crazy crap to happen in buffalo over the next few weeks.

no one is now safe

patmoran2006
12-30-2007, 09:03 PM
I dont think he will get axed because Wilson wont pay a top GM who'd want his own guy.

we'll probably just promote within :(

YardRat
12-30-2007, 09:05 PM
This announcement didn't come out of left field, obviously. Levy isn't going to just leave Jauron out to dry. I'm sure his job is secure for at least this year.

djjimkelly
12-30-2007, 09:10 PM
This announcement didn't come out of left field, obviously. Levy isn't going to just leave Jauron out to dry. I'm sure his job is secure for at least this year.

no one respects someone who is on a 1 year leesh remember greg williams last year and dont tell me RALPH IS TOO CHEAP. he axed WADE hes axed many people before and im sure DICK isnt paid that well

history shows he dont have much an issue changing coaching staffs and GM's

GOD LET THE COVER 2 BE OVER

YardRat
12-30-2007, 09:14 PM
If Overdorf is given the title, Dick stays, and I'd bet that or something similar is going to happen.

Even if Somebody from outside is brought in, unless they are tied up very quickly, I would bet they'd keep Dick for '08 also.

djjimkelly
12-30-2007, 09:14 PM
I dont think he will get axed because Wilson wont pay a top GM who'd want his own guy.

we'll probably just promote within :(

lets all pray together that isnt the case

Johnny Bugmenot
12-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Even if Somebody from outside is brought in, unless they are tied up very quickly, I would bet they'd keep Dick for '08 also.

Well, as you recall, a similar situation occurred in '06. GM Donahoe and OC Tommy Clemons were fired and Mularkey was kept on. Then Mularkey quit.

Fast forward to '08. GM Levy's on the outs and so is OC Fairchild. I'm not saying Jauron is the same as Mularkey (although over two years they have the same record) but let's not just assume Jauron would agree to stay on with the current situation.

billsburgh
12-30-2007, 09:29 PM
GOD LET THE COVER 2 BE OVER
we can only hope

njsue
12-30-2007, 09:32 PM
If that is the case then Marty Schottenheimer should be a top choice for HC. Although Marty would want more control of the team.

djjimkelly
12-30-2007, 10:02 PM
If that is the case then Marty Schottenheimer should be a top choice for HC. Although Marty would want more control of the team.

bring on marty ball its playoff bound all the time!!!!!

The Jokeman
12-30-2007, 10:19 PM
If Overdorf is given the title, Dick stays, and I'd bet that or something similar is going to happen.

Agreed, of course one has to wonder if the new GM attempts to bring in an OC that could be named HC in 2009 if Jauron fails to make the playoffs. Of course there's no guaranteeing Jauron stick around with the new GM as let's not forget Mularkey quit after Levy was named GM.

realdealryan
12-30-2007, 10:21 PM

And then he would hopefully bring in his own coordinators and banish the cover 2 to the warm/dome teams...

djjimkelly
12-30-2007, 11:08 PM
And then he would hopefully bring in his own coordinators and banish the cover 2 to the warm/dome teams...

BYE BYE COVER 2

Mr. Pink
12-30-2007, 11:10 PM

Because Chicago and Kansas City are warm weather teams? Good point.

djjimkelly
12-30-2007, 11:23 PM

are u fewell or jauron himself

this cover 2 just allowed the most yardage in bills history but LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Pink
12-30-2007, 11:25 PM
are u fewell or jauron himself

this cover 2 just allowed the most yardage in bills history but LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!

The personnel we employed on defense is about the worst I've ever seen on an NFL team ever, let alone Bills history. Any wonder why we allowed that many yards? Really?

Oh that's right...in your eyes the players are fine, it's just the coaching.

Proceed with another baseless stupid rant...I won't clutter your head with facts anymore.

Crisis
12-30-2007, 11:26 PM
The personnel we employed on defense is about the worst I've ever seen on an NFL team ever, let alone Bills history. Any wonder why we allowed that many yards? Really?

Proceed with another baseless stupid rant...I won't clutter your head with facts anymore.

Blaming the coaches is just an indirect way for him to believe that Losman wasn't part of the problem.

bosshogg21
12-31-2007, 12:18 AM
bring back the 3 -4 that ted cotrell used to run. you know back when we were in the top 5 defensively every year.

djjimkelly
12-31-2007, 12:23 AM

oh i think the players are terrible too. but i think the coaching is worse

nfl caliber players on bills D currently heres my list

schobel and kelsey at DE i think both are solid just being used way wrong

mccargo the rest of the DT's are total junk

POZ and crowell not one other LB on this team deserves to be in the nfl

simpson and whitner are just fine at the safety spots

mcgee is a nice #2 cb rest of them can can fly a kite

so 8 players on D worth a damn most team need about 15 becuz of packages like nickel and so on.

2 of them was hurt this year yes so we had about 6 players on D worth anything instead of having 15 or so like most teams need.

and yes i do believe some of these guys especially the DE's would play at a much higher level if they played in a better scheme. remember they wasnt drafted to play DE in a cover 2 scheme neither was crowell neither was mcgee.

but yes lets square peg those guys into DICKS scheme

djjimkelly
12-31-2007, 12:25 AM
Blaming the coaches is just an indirect way for him to believe that Losman wasn't part of the problem.

yes losman who played 7 games this year allowed all those yards.

he was the reason we went 0-3 to end year

and he for sure was the reason trent threw for 40% in december

historypete
12-31-2007, 12:29 AM
I think if Modrak is promoted Jauron stays.

Anyone else coming in is going to want their own staff. The problem is I don't think Ralph will pay top dollar for either a GM or new coach. With our luck I bet John Guy gets promoted. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

I would like Casserly, Reese or even Ron Wolfe, but those guys will want too much cash and that won't happen. I think its Modrak to be honest because they'll want to keep everything else in place. I like Modrak, he did build the Eagles in the early 2000s, but they really need a good O-Coordinator in here, get a more aggressive defense and fill a few huge holes on both the D and offense.

jimbohastle51
12-31-2007, 12:33 AM
i agree with your asessment in some ways but i do think are defense has a few more decent role players, kyle williams has a high motor and is deffinatly a nice rotation player on the D line, as well as john wendling on special teams guy is a very smart player and an athletic freak has anyone seen his verticle tape? guys leaped like 6 ft. in the air and runs a 4:5 and is a great special teams tackler. also jabari greer while not being a number one or 2 corner he is deffinatly bang for the buck as a fill in and nickle back. and i am sorry but john digorgio is a stud, i mean that guy came from a small college and made the team as an undrafted free agent and has done nothing but get better, maybe no pozlusny but he is deffinatly a decent LB and if we cant find better in free agency or the draft without drafting a LB 2 high remember digorgio is a MLB and poz up until his senior year after his knee surgery was an outside LB so maybe we can put him and crowell out on the ends and let digi man the middle.

jimbohastle51
12-31-2007, 12:35 AM
i agree with your asessment in some ways but i do think are defense has a few more decent role players, kyle williams has a high motor and is deffinatly a nice rotation player on the D line, as well as john wendling on special teams guy is a very smart player and an athletic freak has anyone seen his verticle tape? guys leaped like 6 ft. in the air and runs a 4:5 and is a great special teams tackler. also jabari greer while not being a number one or 2 corner he is deffinatly bang for the buck as a fill in and nickle back. and i am sorry but john digorgio is a stud, i mean that guy came from a small college and made the team as an undrafted free agent and has done nothing but get better, maybe no pozlusny but he is deffinatly a decent LB and if we cant find better in free agency or the draft without drafting a LB 2 high remember digorgio is a MLB and poz up until his senior year after his knee surgery was an outside LB so maybe we can put him and crowell out on the ends and let digi man the middle.

G. Host
12-31-2007, 12:39 AM

Remember he is expert at DICKS (which is why he always capitalizes it)

http://members.cox.net/billswatch/20071230.GIF

and yes i do believe some of these guys especially the DE's would play at a much higher level if they played in a better scheme. remember they wasnt drafted to play DE in a cover 2 scheme neither was crowell neither was mcgee.
Jauron is NOT a Cover 2 advocate - his DC is. He used Ted Washington with Bears. He has used different schemes depending on the coordinator. He has hired DCs from teams where the coordinators were successful and depended upon them to do the offense/defense strategies while he concentrated his efforts on team discipline and other items such as replays. Read the history of the teams he was on.

djjimkelly
12-31-2007, 12:52 AM
Remember he is expert at DICKS (which is why he always capitalizes it)

yup i am an expert with DICKS i actually use mine alot and not only to pee like yourself

if u havent caught on im calling DICK a DICK with one word then you truly arent sharp or maybe u have some fetish with DICK's both kinds

Owen DeBoard
12-31-2007, 01:28 AM
oh i think the players are terrible too. but i think the coaching is worse

nfl caliber players on bills D currently heres my list

schobel and kelsey at DE i think both are solid just being used way wrong

mccargo the rest of the DT's are total junk

POZ and crowell not one other LB on this team deserves to be in the nfl

simpson and whitner are just fine at the safety spots

mcgee is a nice #2 cb rest of them can can fly a kite

so 8 players on D worth a damn most team need about 15 becuz of packages like nickel and so on.

2 of them was hurt this year yes so we had about 6 players on D worth anything instead of having 15 or so like most teams need.

BINGO! Get some big defensive tackles to draw double teams like we had and see how much better this defense plays.

evol4276
12-31-2007, 01:34 AM
as much as people ***** or criticize (my dad for ex.) i like how we've been held from not having a healthy team, nor a dominant team in any aspect of the game, yet were still into the playoff hunt until the brown game. no he isnt popular and is a career loser but i like him a lot better than the schmucks weve had for the past few years. we're developing a semi-strong young team and i like how they look like they care about how they are as a team for the future.

djjimkelly
12-31-2007, 01:34 AM
Jauron is NOT a Cover 2 advocate - his DC is. He used Ted Washington with Bears. He has used different schemes depending on the coordinator. He has hired DCs from teams where the coordinators were successful and depended upon them to do the offense/defense strategies while he concentrated his efforts on team discipline and other items such as replays. Read the history of the teams he was on.

it was a cover 2 scheme with bears even though ted washington was the DT ask any bears fan

richard also ran the cover 2 in jacksonville in mid 90's

richard also coached the cover 2 in detroit

and now richard has brought it to buffalo. hopefully it will leave with him.

richard is a cover 2 D coach

BillsFever21
12-31-2007, 02:36 AM
I don't care for Jauron very much but I would rather just keep him if Ralph will just hire another cheap option. We can do worst then Jauron. Ralph's track rather dictates the cheapest option being hired again. If that is the case then you midas well keep Jauron instead of starting over again.

But he is NOT a good coach and we are NOT a good team either. I don't care if we won 7 games or not. Our 7 wins are not as impressive as 8 wins would be for the Texans or for other clubs. Our divison and schedule is so pathetic most teams that are not the gutter of the NFL should have been able to win at least 7 games with it.

Our division is the worse in the NFL outside of the Patriots of course. Outside of our division we were a 3-7 team outside of the division. We only beat one team with a winning record all year and that team had just came off a tragic murder of one of their teammates without any time to prepare and it still took a horrible mistake by Joe Gibbs to beat them.

We are not a much better team then the Jets. The team that a lot love to laugh at. The only difference between the Jets and us finishing with around the same record were two hard fought close victories that we had to win late in the game. We even lose one of them and we only have one more win then them.

Being 3-7 outside of the division and 3 points away from having the same record as the Jets does not make you a team on the rise. A good competitive football team would have won at least 10 games and made the playoffs with this pathetic schedule we had this year.

The part in the season where we won our games is when we may have had a cupcake stretch of 4 in a row against losing teams with some of them even playing their worst football of the year at that time(if that is possible) and 5 out of 6 total. That is where we won 5 of our games. As soon as we started playing real teams again we embarrassed ourselves by losing 5 of our last 7 and geting punked around the last 3 games.

Jauron had the same type of season this year as last. Started off with a horrible record when we played some good teams. We had an easy stretch midway through that amazingly put us in a position for the playoffs and then when it was on the line and we played good teams again we got smacked around.

This was a bad team who is not the worst in the league and can beat them worst teams in the league. Having the 11th worst record in the NFL is nothing to be excited about. Our team has sunk so far that fans are estatic because we almost didn't have a losing record and were better then 10 other teams in the league. The most ironic part is that all but one of our victories were against them other 10 teams and 5 of our victories were against teams drafting in the Top 5.

We are a bad team in a league where not being the worst team in the league gets you 6-8 wins. That is evident when you can have 7 wins in a season and be draft as far down as some teams will be.

Luisito23
12-31-2007, 02:54 AM
Wilson betta do the right thing on getting us a top GM...I doubt he will, but he really needs to prove to the city of Buffalo, and all it's die-hard fans that he really does care about winning rather than his pockets....Easier said than done....
I'll miss you Marv!!!...:cry: :sadbye:...

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Spiderweb
12-31-2007, 02:55 AM

Overdorf is Ralph's financial guy. He's not a true football guy (talent evaluator, etc). It won't be Overdorf.

(If it is....well....it could be uglier than things were under Stew Barber who wanted players to be paid like he was as a player, next to nothing).

colin
12-31-2007, 07:22 AM
everytime a bills fan says ditch the cover 2 and put in the 3 4 i laugh my ass off.

it is clear that the people saying this only watch bills games and just don't get the game. our cover 2 is bad this year because our players are bad. we lost 2 expensive vet LBs, the most expensive cb in the game, and THEN had about 12 injuries on D.

last year we were thin on talent on D but still finished top 12 in scoring, and that is with us giving the ball back plenty of times with turnovers or short 3 and out drives.

some of the best Ds in the nfl are cover 2.

the 3-4 thing is funny too. the 3-4s that do well have super talents all along the line, at OLB, and at cb. baltimore has plenty of great D players but just one or two getting hurt or falling off a bit has ruined their D, and they are 3-4.

jets and clevland are 3-4, and they are freaking god awful on D. the jets have dropped plenty of high picks on linemen too.

the big advantage of the cover 2 is that it can be reloaded better than other D's. you just need a decent playmaker or two in the front 7 and one in the back 4, and then young aggressive guys with speed can fill up the rest of your team.

look how good tampa and the colts have been on d with tons of replacements.

if we get a couple solid guys and who we have on IR back we can have a good d next year and for a while to come.

The King
12-31-2007, 07:31 AM
Only way I'd want to replace Dick is if Schot or Singletary where the canidates... if not. Let Dick coach the last year of his contract.

Patti120
12-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Mularkey for GM!!!

:couch:

realdealryan
12-31-2007, 07:57 AM

How did they do this year?

Mr. Pink
12-31-2007, 08:01 AM
How did they do this year?

Oh yes, forgot past history does not matter...the fact that last year the Bears were in the Superbowl means nothing. The fact that KC was actually decent until LJ went down with injury this year and also has been good in the past means nothing.

It's obviously a scheme that works in the NFL when you have the right personnel. Look at what others have suggested using in this thread, mainly the 3-4. Cleveland uses the 3-4 and has a worse defense statistically than Buffalo.

I guess the 3-4 is flawed too then, right? That's the logic people in this thread are using against the Cover 2. Go through every team in the league. I'm sure you can find a straight 4-3 team that completely blew defensively too, so I guess that system is terrible as well.

What system is good then? None, if you don't have the right personnel.

Mahdi
12-31-2007, 08:10 AM
BYE BYE COVER 2
The cover 2 has too many advantages....

1) Besides the Pats we have kept teams out of the endzone for the most part.

2) It allows much more flexibility with the cap. You dont need to bring in players at the most expensive position of CB. In the cover 2 CBs are interchangeable since yer not playing man to man. That saves a lot of cap space. Same with the OLB position.

3) Injuries dont completely end your season. For example... if Champ Bailey went down with an injury the Broncos would suffer big time on defense since he allows them to be creative defensively by taking away one side of the field.

In the cover 2 if your starting corner goes down u can easily replace him and not drop off too much in productivity. We have proven this theory this year with Greer starting, McGee taking over for Nate as the #1, Wilson, DiG, Ellison.

More proof of how the Cover 2 is an effective scheme is how the Colts D peformed for a whole half against the Tennessee Offensive starters.

This D is not the problem. It could be a little better and it should be next year with so many guys getting more experience like McCargo, Greer, Youboty, Whitner, Williams and the return of Poz and Ko (Wilson). Imagine if our O could have scored all those times that they took FGs inside the 10 yard line..... Thats a lot of TDs and would equate to a lot more wins.

djjimkelly
12-31-2007, 09:55 AM
everytime a bills fan says ditch the cover 2 and put in the 3 4 i laugh my ass off.

it is clear that the people saying this only watch bills games and just don't get the game. our cover 2 is bad this year because our players are bad. we lost 2 expensive vet LBs, the most expensive cb in the game, and THEN had about 12 injuries on D.

last year we were thin on talent on D but still finished top 12 in scoring, and that is with us giving the ball back plenty of times with turnovers or short 3 and out drives.

some of the best Ds in the nfl are cover 2.

the 3-4 thing is funny too. the 3-4s that do well have super talents all along the line, at OLB, and at cb. baltimore has plenty of great D players but just one or two getting hurt or falling off a bit has ruined their D, and they are 3-4.

jets and clevland are 3-4, and they are freaking god awful on D. the jets have dropped plenty of high picks on linemen too.

the big advantage of the cover 2 is that it can be reloaded better than other D's. you just need a decent playmaker or two in the front 7 and one in the back 4, and then young aggressive guys with speed can fill up the rest of your team.

look how good tampa and the colts have been on d with tons of replacements.

if we get a couple solid guys and who we have on IR back we can have a good d next year and for a while to come.

id be just as happy running a 4-3 over or under shceme dont really care what our base is just dont want to see cover shell anymore

djjimkelly
12-31-2007, 10:12 AM
i love wgr this morning they also want to blow it up

but i guess the coach on wgr dont know as much as funtimes or crisis or g host but im sure these bills zoners know more football then the coach who worked in the league for 20 years

hell art wander just phoned in and is on the get rod of jauron train too. but none of these people know ****

trapezeus
12-31-2007, 10:20 AM
i love wgr this morning they also want to blow it up

but i guess the coach on wgr dont know as much as funtimes or crisis or g host but im sure these bills zoners know more football then the coach who worked in the league for 20 years

hell art wander just phoned in and is on the get rod of jauron train too. but none of these people know ****

Those posters have the good sense of not complaining about the same nonsensical stuff.

It's fans like you that keep the bills in this perpetual state of rebuilding. It takes more than 2 years to get where you want to be going. We can't keep changing the system every 2 years. The bills are drafting and growing into the Cover 2. And they are going to be drafting to help the offense.

You're abnormal love for JP and desire to start over is really tiring.

Kerr
12-31-2007, 10:21 AM
The cover 2 is based on not giving up the big play and requires pressure. When your defensive line cannot get pressure with the personnel on the field, the scheme is flawed. It won't work. Our defensive line personnel needs upgrading or else prepare for the same old crap next season. It also helps having better linebackers on the field. Getting back Poz will certainly help. Crowell with some work can become better. The wild card is the wlb spot. This spot needs upgrading. The loss of Ko really was a loss for the defense. Leonard can't tackle. Wilson was decent, but also blew coverages. Worst of all it never helps when you defensive coordinator is a fool.

djjimkelly
12-31-2007, 10:26 AM
Those posters have the good sense of not complaining about the same nonsensical stuff.

It's fans like you that keep the bills in this perpetual state of rebuilding. It takes more than 2 years to get where you want to be going. We can't keep changing the system every 2 years. The bills are drafting and growing into the Cover 2. And they are going to be drafting to help the offense.

You're abnormal love for JP and desire to start over is really tiring.

first off i want JP gone this staff has ruined him for buffalo!!!! theres a part of me who like to see him stay but i understand reality.

2nd what i thought on JP dont effect what i think of edwards (mr 40%) or what i think of this cover 2 scheme or what i think of this POS staff or the fact we have a whack of 5'9 wrs.

when u shop at walmart u get walmart quality an d im sorry i like things to be alot more high end then walmart. the bills need to stop shopping at walmart for chumps like jauron. they can get rid of him now or at end of 2008

becuz its gonna happen.

also its fans like u that seem satified with average. well im sorry im not we are not even average we are in the bottom 3rd of this league every year. 7-9 drafts 11th this season BOTTOM 1/3. but we had a great year right lol

Mr. Pink
12-31-2007, 10:42 AM
First off...you can't tell whether a system is good or bad until the proper pieces are in place. It's not the coaches fault that the players don't execute the system to it's highest level. It's a building process, it takes time to go from one scheme to another and bring in all the right pieces. We've now gone through 2 offseasons to bring in pieces for the Cover 2 and you want to blow it up and go to another system? Sweet, we can spend another 2 years dumping players and getting the right personnel. You had mediocrity? You hate rebuilding? Well it's another 2 years of what you've seen while we bring in people to fit the system. Way to contradict yourself on what you want.

Secondly, you're quoting Chuck Dickerson's word as gospel? That's as laughable as quoting Hank Bullough's word as gospel. At best Dickerson was an average position coach in this league, at best. Mediocre is a word that's more fitting of him. He hasn't been in the NFL for 15 years, so apparently he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does. AND he never had a job in the NFL that wasn't handed to him by Marv. Dickerson came here with Marv from the CFL.

Third, Art Wander has as much credibility or knowledge as any poster on this site. Whatever you decide to take his knowledge as. Since your narrow-minded viewpoint is the same as a senile old man who's best days are long behind him, he's right in this instance.

Fourth, JP Losman was ruined before we even drafted him. He had bust written all over him from before the draft, much like Kyle Boller. You enjoy following whatever is left of the trainwreck known as JPs NFL career.

Fifth, People like you were the main reason I absolutely hated Bills football growing up. Through the years I learned that each fanbase has self proclaimed geniuses aka MORONS. I would put you on ignore, but your posts give me much comedic relief. Such as the JP vs Trent production thread, you proved Trent was the better option and still wouldn't admit it.

Sixth, like Trap said...every single post you make is about how much you hate the coaching staff, how much they suck, how much the scheme sucks....We get it. You hate everything that is Buffalo Bills football, yet you're still a fan. Interesting. You're wys with less words, period.

Seventh, Hiring Levy for GM was going to Wal-Mart? Nice way to diss a local icon!

In conclusion, I wish someone like DJ ran the team...every 2 years when the team has underperformed, he'd can everyone, scrap the systems and start a new. We could be in a constant perpetual never-ending rebuilding process. Wouldn't that rule?

edited for TOS violations

djjimkelly
12-31-2007, 10:55 AM
First off...you can't tell whether a system is good or bad until the proper pieces are in place. It's not the coaches fault that the players don't execute the system to it's highest level. It's a building process, it takes time to go from one scheme to another and bring in all the right pieces. We've now gone through 2 offseasons to bring in pieces for the Cover 2 and you want to blow it up and go to another system? Sweet, we can spend another 2 years dumping players and getting the right personnel. You had mediocrity? You hate rebuilding? Well it's another 2 years of what you've seen while we bring in people to fit the system. Way to contradict yourself on what you want.

Secondly, you're quoting Chuck Dickerson's word as gospel? That's as laughable as quoting Hank Bullough's word as gospel. At best Dickerson was an average position coach in this league, at best. Mediocre is a word that's more fitting of him. He hasn't been in the NFL for 15 years, so apparently he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does. AND he never had a job in the NFL that wasn't handed to him by Marv. Dickerson came here with Marv from the CFL.

Third, Art Wander has as much credibility or knowledge as any poster on this site. Whatever you decide to take his knowledge as. Since your narrow-minded viewpoint is the same as a senile old man who's best days are long behind him, he's right in this instance.

Fourth, JP Losman was ruined before we even drafted him. He had bust written all over him from before the draft, much like Kyle Boller. You enjoy following whatever is left of the trainwreck known as JPs NFL career.

Fifth, People like you were the main reason I absolutely hated Bills football growing up. Through the years I learned that each fanbase has self proclaimed geniuses aka MORONS. I would put you on ignore, but your posts give me much comedic relief. Such as the JP vs Trent production thread, you proved Trent was the better option and still wouldn't admit it.

Sixth, like Trap said...every single post you make is about how much you hate the coaching staff, how much they suck, how much the scheme sucks....We get it. You hate everything that is Buffalo Bills football, yet you're still a fan. Interesting. You're wys with less words, period.

Seventh, Hiring Levy for GM was going to Wal-Mart? Nice way to diss a local icon!

In conclusion, I wish someone like DJ ran the team...every 2 years when the team has underperformed, he'd can everyone, scrap the systems and start a new. We could be in a constant perpetual never-ending rebuilding process. Wouldn't that rule?

i wouldnt hire an average HC or GM to start with. your constantly thinking everything is gonna be ok.

my walmart comment was on jauron but because i called your QB EDWARDS for what he was 40% in december

I WAS ONLY ONE ON THE SITE

but im clueless lmao u hated the bills when you was growing up lol thats great so i see your 30 so when u was about 10 and bills was going to the super bowls you hated them GREAT

maybe u like the fact bills suck becuz u hated them when u was growing up u didnt like that they was winning.

but its the players not dick LOL

edited for multiple TOS violations

TedMock
12-31-2007, 11:13 AM
i have more football knowledge in my foreskin the you have in your brain.

Were your parents against circumscision because of religious beliefs?

I knew that damn procedure took away some of my intelligence!

realdealryan
12-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Oh yes, forgot past history does not matter...the fact that last year the Bears were in the Superbowl means nothing. The fact that KC was actually decent until LJ went down with injury this year and also has been good in the past means nothing.

It's obviously a scheme that works in the NFL when you have the right personnel. Look at what others have suggested using in this thread, mainly the 3-4. Cleveland uses the 3-4 and has a worse defense statistically than Buffalo.

I guess the 3-4 is flawed too then, right? That's the logic people in this thread are using against the Cover 2. Go through every team in the league. I'm sure you can find a straight 4-3 team that completely blew defensively too, so I guess that system is terrible as well.

What system is good then? None, if you don't have the right personnel.

All good points.

I just feel that in the cold weather/bad footing games this year, a defense predicated on speed (small, fast linebackers dictated by the coverage necessary in a cover 2) falls short. Good line play or a big linebacker added to the line in a different scheme would have helped in the Cleveland and NYG games. And Jacksonville. And the season. For all of the announcer talk about "I've talked to several coaches and they say that on tape Buffalo has the fastest swarming defense in the NFL", we were mediocre all year and just sucked in bad weather.

Personnel has a huge part in this, like we are both saying. But asking Schobel to drop into pass coverage isn't really utilizing him correctly, is it? And I thought in a cover 2, the safeties are your prime defensive backs. Though injuries play a part, we don't even come close to a Bob Sanders/Antoine Bethea level.

This is the worst part of the year on these boards, and it's no fault of any of us (well, most of us). We just keep revisiting the same coaching/players/scheme/performance topics and rub salt in the same wound. Most of us are just sick and tired of the lack of competitiveness of this franchise, and this 3-week losing finish is a great way to cap it off. Somehow, every year we pour everything we have into rooting for this damn team every single week. My frustrated opinions don't help the Bills at all, so I should probably let it go until next year...

Owen DeBoard
12-31-2007, 11:22 AM
The cover 2 has too many advantages....

1) Besides the Pats we have kept teams out of the endzone for the most part.

2) It allows much more flexibility with the cap. You dont need to bring in players at the most expensive position of CB. In the cover 2 CBs are interchangeable since yer not playing man to man. That saves a lot of cap space. Same with the OLB position.

3) Injuries dont completely end your season. For example... if Champ Bailey went down with an injury the Broncos would suffer big time on defense since he allows them to be creative defensively by taking away one side of the field.

In the cover 2 if your starting corner goes down u can easily replace him and not drop off too much in productivity. We have proven this theory this year with Greer starting, McGee taking over for Nate as the #1, Wilson, DiG, Ellison.

More proof of how the Cover 2 is an effective scheme is how the Colts D peformed for a whole half against the Tennessee Offensive starters.

This D is not the problem. It could be a little better and it should be next year with so many guys getting more experience like McCargo, Greer, Youboty, Whitner, Williams and the return of Poz and Ko (Wilson). Imagine if our O could have scored all those times that they took FGs inside the 10 yard line..... Thats a lot of TDs and would equate to a lot more wins.
How about how Jacksonville and the Giants ran the ball right down our throat. We knew it was coming and still couldnt stop it. Keep the 4-3 but bring in some size at DT so they can start drawing double teams and our ends can start having more better productive years. Im just tried of being at the bottom of stopping the run. That is one thing this team needs to do considering where we play.

trapezeus
12-31-2007, 11:56 AM
you are truly a moron i wouldnt hire an average HC or GM to start with. your a complete moron constantly thinking everything is gonna be ok.

my walmart comment was on jauron but because i called your QB EDWARDS for what he was 40% in december

I WAS ONLY ONE ON THE SITE

but im clueless lmao u hated the bills when you was growing up lol thats great so i see your 30 so when u was about 10 and bills was going to the super bowls you hated them GREAT

maybe u like the fact bills suck becuz u hated them when u was growing up u didnt like that they was winning.

your a loser bud your view points are a joke.

i have more football knowledge in my foreskin the you have in your brain.

but its the players not dick LOL

the problem with your Cover 2 hatred is that you say the bills defense is terrible because of the scheme. Look at who they were fielding as their LB core. Digorgio Ellison and Crowell. Crowell is suppose to be the Darryl Talley type LB. The No name guy who plays really really well. But with Digorgio and Ellison, he became the Marquee name. That's sad.

We had Coy Wire in there as LB. A Guy who should never leave the SP unit. We have the poor man's Coy Wire in Jim Leonard. Let me say that again, The poor man's coy wire. That's a pretty big problem.

And despite that, in games where the O could not score, they kept us in it until they couldn't any longer.... I.E. the jags game, the browns game, the eagles game, the first pats game, the Steelers game, the cowboys game, the broncos game. That's only 2 games where they didn't play particularly well.

So to say that the scheme let us down is completely without foundation. They need some players back and they need to get some better LB's to shore up the run defense.

As for Trent's play, yes, he regressed in his rookie season in the final three weeks. The fact he struggled in cleveland in a blizzard and in buffalo against the giants does NOT mean he can't play in poor weather games. Those were two games, and were extreme ends of the spectrum. He played well verses miami, a more typical Buffalo winter game.

He actually reads the defense and looks to several receivers. JP locked on and would go 5-18 with 60 some yards every other week. JP can't run the two minute drill without going long at least once. Trent runs it much more effectively and routinely moved the ball in the two minute drill. That's why he's getting the nod and that's why his poor 3 weeks gets a pass by most fans and coaches. JP's rookie mistake in year4 was unacceptable.

djjimkelly
12-31-2007, 12:09 PM
keep bringing up false JP numbers the post is about DICK not being safe but lets blame JP 5 of 18 stop describing edwards december of 2007

TigerJ
12-31-2007, 12:23 PM
It depends entorely on what happens to the GM position. If Buffalo hires any kind of well credentialed GM from outside the organization they will have to grant that GM enough authority to hire and fire a head coach. If they do so, the new GM will almost certainly want to bring in his own man. If they promote from within, (John Guy) there is a very good chance Jauron sticks around.

YardRat
12-31-2007, 12:29 PM
keep bringing up false JP numbers the post is about DICK not being safe but lets blame JP 5 of 18 stop describing edwards december of 2007

5 of 18 is actually 28%, so it really doesn't apply to Trent at all.