• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Andre Davis

Did we mis-use him? Was it bad coaching? Both?

This ****ing guy has looked like Superman for Houston at times this year.

3 kickoff returns for touchdowns, including 2 today of 97 and 104 yards.

Also had 563 receiving yards (only 15 less than Josh Reed) and 3 TD's, including a bomb hail mary in the wanning moments of that Houston/Tennesee game earlier this year (that costed me money)

Outside of EVans, with another team this year Davis looks a hell of a lot better than anything we currently have.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: Andre Davis

I don't think we really gave him much of a chance. The only time I remember seeing him play was on kick offs.
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      Did we mis-use him? Was it bad coaching? Both?

This ****ing guy has looked like Superman for Houston at times this year.

3 kickoff returns for touchdowns, including 2 today of 97 and 104 yards.

Also had 563 receiving yards (only 15 less than Josh Reed) and 3 TD's, including a bomb hail mary in the wanning moments of that Houston/Tennesee game earlier this year (that costed me money)

Outside of EVans, with another team this year Davis looks a hell of a lot better than anything we currently have.
      Well he's an UFA after this season so we could always bring him back. I was a little surprised we didn't re-sign him last offseason and cut Sam Aiken.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
        • Feb 2005

Spilt milk, Pat, spilt milk

lets not cry over it.

Its going to be a long dang offseason with all the what-ifen we are going to be doin'.
        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

He was pretty good on special teams. From what I recall we threw to him like three times, and he had zero catches. But, I don't think he had any drops, they were just bad throws.

People were saying he looked awkward running after the pass. Remember? He was over thrown on a bomb, but he was running the route with his hands out in front of him. I was defending him saying, "If you only had the ball throw to you twice all year, you'd be excited too".

Yes, we misused him. But, I'm not surprised.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by yordad
            He was pretty good on special teams. From what I recall we threw to him like three times, and he had zero catches. But, I don't think he had any drops, they were just bad throws.

People were saying he looked awkward running after the pass. Remember? He was over thrown on a bomb, but he was running the route with his hands out in front of him. I was defending him saying, "If you only had the ball throw to you twice all year, you'd be excited too".

Yes, we misused him. But, I'm not surprised.
            Actually I remember one horrible drop by him. I do not remember what game it was. I do remember that it would've been a big play that could've even possibly went for a TD becase he had a step on the DB. That proved to be a big drop and we ended up losing the game. Maybe somebody else will be able to remember what game it was.

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

It's obvious he was not used right though. He would've been a better and cheaper option then trying to make something out of nothing with Peerless Price.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

What he is doing really makes me wonder if Sam Aiken is not used the right way either. I already know Roscoe Parrish isnt.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                  Actually I remember one horrible drop by him. I do not remember what game it was. I do remember that it would've been a big play that could've even possibly went for a TD becase he had a step on the DB. That proved to be a big drop and we ended up losing the game. Maybe somebody else will be able to remember what game it was.
                  I think you are thinking of the over throw I spoke of.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Davis has always had the talent, just not the heart and is injury prone.

Don't get so excited, it's not like he had a big year...he's done similiar in his past with the Browns.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      What he is doing really makes me wonder if Sam Aiken is not used the right way either. I already know Roscoe Parrish isnt.
                      Some of our players are being used wrong but Sam Aiken isn't one of them. He is just a crap WR who is good on ST's.

I know Sam Aiken was one of the fan induced overrated players when he came out of college that was supposed to be the next Eric Moulds but I thought them days were over with for him at least. He just isn't very good.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

He couldn't stay healthy and dropped more than he caught. His cut was more than justified.

I'm happy he had a good year but it wouldn't have happened here.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                        X