PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci on Channel 7 News

Captain Obvious
12-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Vic on Marv Levy

"hes as good as gone"
"Marv only had a 2 year deal"
"Never fully embraced the role of GM..really wanted to be the coach.. Ralph said no"

Vic on New GM possibilities

"not likely to go outside the organization"
" John Guy to possibly get a more prominent role"
"Dick Jauron has had a prominent role in personnel decisions.. Ralph likes and respects Dick Jauron"
" Tom Modrak likely to have different role, title"

Vic on Trent Edwards

" Not pleased with Trent the last 3 weeks"
"regressed which rookies do at some point"
"fearful, indecisive the last 3 weeks"
" Trent was burdened with a unimaginable offense..needs better coaching and talent around him"

Vic on the Number 1 priority in the offseason

"More life and spark in the offense"

shelby
12-31-2007, 05:26 AM
A new OC will help tremendously.
i see a lot of people saying that a new GM may fire Jauron, but i don't see that happening.
i personally will miss Marv.:(

Historian
12-31-2007, 06:11 AM
I agree Shelby.

Jauron gets at least one more year...despite the run for the bus effort the last three weeks.

Don't Panic
12-31-2007, 07:20 AM
I think Overdorf might get some more responsibilities... remember, he has worked under Polian, Butler and Levy. I agree that Jauron gets one more year... as he should. Hard to justify firing him at this point, even if you don't like him. The new OC will be all the change we need... choose wisely Dick.

McBFLO
12-31-2007, 09:21 AM
I think Overdorf might get some more responsibilities... remember, he has worked under Polian, Butler and Levy. I agree that Jauron gets one more year... as he should. Hard to justify firing him at this point, even if you don't like him. The new OC will be all the change we need... choose wisely Dick.
Hopefully the Tuna fires Cam Cameron so we can pick him up afterwards to be our new OC. Look at what he was able to do with LT and the young QB Philip Rivers. The question there would be if they'd pay him what he'd want.

McBFLO
12-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Not to mention how he used his star TE Antonio Gates.

trapezeus
12-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Why was ralph against Levy being coach? We were really desperate when Marv came in. And if Marv wanted to be coach, it would have been better to use his talent in a capacity that we know instead of forcing him to do something that he's not particularly adept at.

And on top of it, Marv was just a high priced scout. With little knowledge of the cap and contract structuring, he wasn't truly a GM.

I'm happy with MArv's personnel decisions on a player level, but i also would have been more excited to see him coach than have Jauron coach.

billsburgh
12-31-2007, 09:53 AM

"Dick Jauron has had a prominent role in personnel decisions.. Ralph likes and respects Dick Jauron"

:puke:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-31-2007, 07:38 PM
Vic on Marv Levy

"hes as good as gone"
"Marv only had a 2 year deal"
"Never fully embraced the role of GM..really wanted to be the coach.. Ralph said no"

Vic on Trent Edwards

" Not pleased with Trent the last 3 weeks"
"regressed which rookies do at some point"
"fearful, indecisive the last 3 weeks"
" Trent was burdened with a unimaginable offense..needs better coaching and talent around him"

Vic on the Number 1 priority in the offseason

"More life and spark in the offense"

yep that was what I heard also