X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Josh Reed Interview

I found it interesting that he said the players were frustrated because they were never able to reach their full potential on offense because of the gameplanning. He said they never went deep so everyone was always sitting down on their short patterns. Sounds like Fairchild won't be too missed by some of the players either.
    Fairchild
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: Josh Reed Interview

The commentators were breaking down and predicting Bills plays so well, how much easier must it have been for Jim Johnson over an entire week?

Worst offensively called game I've seen yet. What sheer inability to use what talent we have effectively. Sorry Colorado, he's your problem now.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

It's funny how all season long some posters have insisted on blaming the QB for our lack of success on offense. i agree that JP looked horrendous at times, and i felt starting Edwards was the right thing to do, but in the final analysis i must admit that our offensive playcalling was mostly to blame.

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

Another statement by Reed.

“We looked up at the scoreboard, and we were still down a touchdown and a two-point conversion,” Reed said. “We’re out there and we’re just waiting for certain calls, and they’re just not coming in like we’re expecting them to. We still have to get out there and execute the plays that are called. But it’s frustrating. It’s aggravating.”

Reed said after a certain point, “It’s obvious what’s wrong. I don’t think it’s the guys that are out there.”

I wholeheartedly agree. Jauron should be held accountable for letting that offensive nonsense go on too.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

He clearly was calling out the Coaches, but in a calm, reasonable manner.

Reed just went up in stature in my book.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by shelby
            It's funny how all season long some posters have insisted on blaming the QB for our lack of success on offense. i agree that JP looked horrendous at times, and i felt starting Edwards was the right thing to do, but in the final analysis i must admit that our offensive playcalling was mostly to blame.
            JP said the same thing after game 2... He got benched!!

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
              I said from the first couple of games that it looked like a repeat of the first half of last year. Only this time it continued all season. It never got better after the bye.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                Only this time it continued all season. It never got better after the bye.
                1 exception... The Bengals.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by draz54
                  1 exception... The Bengals.
                  and Miami at home
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Patti120
                    • Aug 2004

Not to bring up the old QB debate but it makes you wonder if JP did kind of get screwed by the system... Maybe he will stick around next year, maybe he won't, maybe he will go on to succeed somewhere else, maybe he won't. It's very frustrating though that there is a possiblity that the OC was the culprit for the offensive straight jacket on offense and that maybe it wasn't just the qb or personnel.

Another year leaving lingering questions!

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

I don't wonder about that. It's obvious that they were a nightmare for him.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

I wonder if our QB's were ordered not to audible out of bad plays. It sure seemed like fairchild did not trust either one of them

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                          Another statement by Reed.

“We looked up at the scoreboard, and we were still down a touchdown and a two-point conversion,” Reed said. “We’re out there and we’re just waiting for certain calls, and they’re just not coming in like we’re expecting them to. We still have to get out there and execute the plays that are called. But it’s frustrating. It’s aggravating.”

Reed said after a certain point, “It’s obvious what’s wrong. I don’t think it’s the guys that are out there.”

I wholeheartedly agree. Jauron should be held accountable for letting that offensive nonsense go on too.
                          Thats an interesting comment from a player who can't get separation from DBs. Reed is at best a #3 WR and even if Fairchild did call a 9 route for Reed he wouldnt make anything of it. He doesnt have the speed and he doesnt have the size. On the other side teams are too aware of Evans and just roll coverage to him. And as a bonus to defenses they dont have to worry about the middle of the field because even if Royal or Gaines to somehow get open they will most likely drop the ball.

Reed should be frustrated that he's not talented enough but thats about all he should complain about. Now if he were the #3 with a solid #2 on the outside then his talent level goes up a couple notches. Add in a TE that can threaten the middle and he might even catch 75 passes.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patti120
                            Not to bring up the old QB debate but it makes you wonder if JP did kind of get screwed by the system...
                            He was the scapegoat of the worst offensive system for as long as I can remember being a bills fan.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                              Thats an interesting comment from a player who can't get separation from DBs. Reed is at best a #3 WR and even if Fairchild did call a 9 route for Reed he wouldnt make anything of it. He doesnt have the speed and he doesnt have the size. On the other side teams are too aware of Evans and just roll coverage to him. And as a bonus to defenses they dont have to worry about the middle of the field because even if Royal or Gaines to somehow get open they will most likely drop the ball.

Reed should be frustrated that he's not talented enough but thats about all he should complain about. Now if he were the #3 with a solid #2 on the outside then his talent level goes up a couple notches. Add in a TE that can threaten the middle and he might even catch 75 passes.
                              Ummm Mahdi he wasnt saying he was waiting for the call to come in for him to go deep. THEY were waiting for the call to come in to do something different then short passes and runs. THEY (the WRs) were prob hoping we take some sort of a shot to SCORE which we never do with this dick of an OC. BYE BYE Fairsuck

Comment

Working...
                              X