PDA

View Full Version : Josh Reed Interview

mchurchfie
12-31-2007, 02:00 AM
I found it interesting that he said the players were frustrated because they were never able to reach their full potential on offense because of the gameplanning. He said they never went deep so everyone was always sitting down on their short patterns. Sounds like Fairchild won't be too missed by some of the players either.
:monkeyp:Fairchild

Oaf
12-31-2007, 02:27 AM
The commentators were breaking down and predicting Bills plays so well, how much easier must it have been for Jim Johnson over an entire week?

Worst offensively called game I've seen yet. What sheer inability to use what talent we have effectively. Sorry Colorado, he's your problem now.

shelby
12-31-2007, 05:04 AM
It's funny how all season long some posters have insisted on blaming the QB for our lack of success on offense. i agree that JP looked horrendous at times, and i felt starting Edwards was the right thing to do, but in the final analysis i must admit that our offensive playcalling was mostly to blame.

mchurchfie
12-31-2007, 06:21 AM
Another statement by Reed.

“We looked up at the scoreboard, and we were still down a touchdown and a two-point conversion,” Reed said. “We’re out there and we’re just waiting for certain calls, and they’re just not coming in like we’re expecting them to. We still have to get out there and execute the plays that are called. But it’s frustrating. It’s aggravating.”

Reed said after a certain point, “It’s obvious what’s wrong. I don’t think it’s the guys that are out there.”

I wholeheartedly agree. Jauron should be held accountable for letting that offensive nonsense go on too.:cynic:

Historian
12-31-2007, 06:52 AM
He clearly was calling out the Coaches, but in a calm, reasonable manner.

Reed just went up in stature in my book.

Yasgur's Farm
12-31-2007, 07:12 AM
It's funny how all season long some posters have insisted on blaming the QB for our lack of success on offense. i agree that JP looked horrendous at times, and i felt starting Edwards was the right thing to do, but in the final analysis i must admit that our offensive playcalling was mostly to blame.JP said the same thing after game 2... He got benched!!

mybills
12-31-2007, 07:13 AM
It's funny how all season long some posters have insisted on blaming the QB for our lack of success on offense. i agree that JP looked horrendous at times, and i felt starting Edwards was the right thing to do, but in the final analysis i must admit that our offensive playcalling was mostly to blame.
I said from the first couple of games that it looked like a repeat of the first half of last year. Only this time it continued all season. It never got better after the bye. :(

Yasgur's Farm
12-31-2007, 07:27 AM
Only this time it continued all season. It never got better after the bye. :(1 exception... The Bengals.

Philagape
12-31-2007, 07:30 AM
1 exception... The Bengals.

and Miami at home

Patti120
12-31-2007, 07:52 AM
Not to bring up the old QB debate but it makes you wonder if JP did kind of get screwed by the system... Maybe he will stick around next year, maybe he won't, maybe he will go on to succeed somewhere else, maybe he won't. It's very frustrating though that there is a possiblity that the OC was the culprit for the offensive straight jacket on offense and that maybe it wasn't just the qb or personnel.

Another year leaving lingering questions!

mybills
12-31-2007, 08:02 AM
I don't wonder about that. It's obvious that they were a nightmare for him.

Novacane
12-31-2007, 08:16 AM
I wonder if our QB's were ordered not to audible out of bad plays. It sure seemed like fairchild did not trust either one of them

Mahdi
12-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Another statement by Reed.

“We looked up at the scoreboard, and we were still down a touchdown and a two-point conversion,” Reed said. “We’re out there and we’re just waiting for certain calls, and they’re just not coming in like we’re expecting them to. We still have to get out there and execute the plays that are called. But it’s frustrating. It’s aggravating.”

Reed said after a certain point, “It’s obvious what’s wrong. I don’t think it’s the guys that are out there.”

I wholeheartedly agree. Jauron should be held accountable for letting that offensive nonsense go on too.:cynic:
Thats an interesting comment from a player who can't get separation from DBs. Reed is at best a #3 WR and even if Fairchild did call a 9 route for Reed he wouldnt make anything of it. He doesnt have the speed and he doesnt have the size. On the other side teams are too aware of Evans and just roll coverage to him. And as a bonus to defenses they dont have to worry about the middle of the field because even if Royal or Gaines to somehow get open they will most likely drop the ball.

Reed should be frustrated that he's not talented enough but thats about all he should complain about. Now if he were the #3 with a solid #2 on the outside then his talent level goes up a couple notches. Add in a TE that can threaten the middle and he might even catch 75 passes.

justasportsfan
12-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Not to bring up the old QB debate but it makes you wonder if JP did kind of get screwed by the system...
He was the scapegoat of the worst offensive system for as long as I can remember being a bills fan.

SquishDaFish
12-31-2007, 08:57 AM
Thats an interesting comment from a player who can't get separation from DBs. Reed is at best a #3 WR and even if Fairchild did call a 9 route for Reed he wouldnt make anything of it. He doesnt have the speed and he doesnt have the size. On the other side teams are too aware of Evans and just roll coverage to him. And as a bonus to defenses they dont have to worry about the middle of the field because even if Royal or Gaines to somehow get open they will most likely drop the ball.

Reed should be frustrated that he's not talented enough but thats about all he should complain about. Now if he were the #3 with a solid #2 on the outside then his talent level goes up a couple notches. Add in a TE that can threaten the middle and he might even catch 75 passes.

Ummm Mahdi he wasnt saying he was waiting for the call to come in for him to go deep. THEY were waiting for the call to come in to do something different then short passes and runs. THEY (the WRs) were prob hoping we take some sort of a shot to SCORE which we never do with this dick of an OC. BYE BYE Fairsuck

Mahdi
12-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Ummm Mahdi he wasnt saying he was waiting for the call to come in for him to go deep. THEY were waiting for the call to come in to do something different then short passes and runs. THEY (the WRs) were prob hoping we take some sort of a shot to SCORE which we never do with this dick of an OC. BYE BYE Fairsuck
Yeah I get that,,,, but the point is,,, Evans is getting way too much attention with not ONE other receiving threat on the field. So for Reed to get all upset because a play wasnt called to take a shot doesnt make sense. What is Trent goingt o do ? Toss one up to Evans in tripple coverage? Our offense is weak and our only weapon will get neutralized on most plays. After Evans the only area of the field which is of any concern for a defense is the first 10 yards from the LOS which is where Reed, Parrish and Lynch operate. Why is it that everyone recognizes the problems on our offense except for Bills fans who just want to blame coaches. Everyone knows our shortcomings are directly related to the fact that we have second tier players at crucial offensive positions. If ppl are unhappy with Fairchild because he didnt produce thats unrealistic. If they are unhappy with Fairchild because he didnt produce magic then they are right on, he failed.

jmb1099
12-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Oh boy is training camp going to be interesting this year.

Oaf
01-01-2008, 12:59 AM
I just want to hear DJ or Fairchild fess up just ONCE to all this S*** they've been pulling.

I'm really tired of "tipping my hat to the other team" or "we did a good job not turning it over."

yordad
01-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I just want to hear DJ or Fairchild fess up just ONCE to all this S*** they've been pulling.

I'm really tired of "tipping my hat to the other team" or "we did a good job not turning it over."Yeah, and isn't "I'll never fault them for their effort", basically a nice way of saying "our guys are just under talented"?

justasportsfan
01-02-2008, 10:44 AM
JP said the same thing after game 2... He got benched!!

Reed ,Evans and JP should get traded or cut. They are all cancers for calling out Fairchild.

acehole
01-02-2008, 12:31 PM

Told you all this months ago.....

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Told you all this months ago.....
I think having weak players is whats to blame. Play calling comes after you have enough talent to compete at the NFL level. When you have the talent and things are still not going well then its the playcalling.

justasportsfan
01-02-2008, 12:44 PM
I think having weak players is whats to blame. Play calling comes after you have enough talent to compete at the NFL level. When you have the talent and things are still not going well then its the playcalling.
we could've had an all pro O and we'd still suck.

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 01:39 PM
we could've had an all pro O and we'd still suck.
How do u know that? Maybe if we had players that can be depended on play-calling would change. And if we had an all pro O they would play at an all pro level. Which means we would be producing,,,,makes no sense.

yordad
01-02-2008, 01:47 PM
How do u know that? Maybe if we had players that can be depended on play-calling would change. And if we had an all pro O they would play at an all pro level. Which means we would be producing,,,,makes no sense.
I put this in a different thread, but it looks good here.

I completely agree with Reed. Does anyone think the play calling was good?

Reed did what he could. This year he had one of his best seasons.

<TABLE class="w655px datatablecell" cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class=ltblueback><TD>2007</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) </TD><TD>15</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>578</TD><TD>11.3</TD><TD>38.5</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Better then Peerless Price last year.

<TABLE class="w655px datatablecell" cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class=whiteback><TD>2006</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) </TD><TD>16</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>402</TD><TD>8.2</TD><TD>25.1</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
And, Reed excells in run blocking.

Not bad for a undersized, slow, backup who some still thinks has bad hands.

That said, he needs to be upgraded so he can be a backup again.

You cannot blame the players for predictable play calling. You cannot blame the WR for a run, run, pass approach. You cannot blame a WR for obvious formations.

I do not think it was the fault of the QB either. I think we have two capable QBs. And, I think JP was an unfortunate scapegoat.

justasportsfan
01-02-2008, 01:51 PM
coaches put players in situations to succeed. In case you've missed the last few years , thats what BB has been able to do with the PAts. Whether it was Antoine Smith or Dillon they won sb's.

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 02:16 PM
coaches put players in situations to succeed. In case you've missed the last few years , thats what BB has been able to do with the PAts. Whether it was Antoine Smith or Dillon they won sb's.
First off Smith was a serviceable RB. Second they had Brady.... Third they had Brady,,,, fourth they had Deion Branch, David Givens, Troy Brown, Daniel Grahame.

I dont even have to tell you what they have now.....

justasportsfan
01-02-2008, 02:22 PM
First off Smith was a serviceable RB. Second they had Brady.... Third they had Brady,,,, fourth they had Deion Branch, David Givens, Troy Brown, Daniel Grahame.

I dont even have to tell you what they have now.....
The redskins have had all probowl line-ups and have done nothing . It doesn't matter if you have talent or not, without coaching you're going no where. The Pats won a sb with Antoine Smith and a 2 year 6th rd draft pick because BB put them in situations to succeed. Brady was not as good as he is today when they won their 1st sb. But the coaches knew how to sue his strengths all the way to the sb.

Moss and Welker were nothing much with their former teams prior to this year. The Pats coaches made them better or in the case of Moss brought him back to probowl status. Thats what coaching can do for you.

I'm absolutely sure BB could do better with our talent than Fairchild can. Even Molarkey did better than Fairchild.

Wade Philipps made the cowboys better with the same line-up.

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 02:26 PM
The redskins have had all probowl line-ups and have done nothing . It doesn't matter if you have talent or not, without coaching you're going no where. The Pats won a sb with Antoine Smith and a 2 year 6th rd draft pick because BB put them in situations to succeed. Brady was not as good as he is today when they won their 1st sb. But the coaches knew how to sue his strengths all the way to the sb.

Moss and Welker were nothing much with their former teams prior to this year. The Pats coaches made them better or in the case of Moss brought him back to probowl status. Thats what coaching can do for you.

I'm absolutely sure BB could do better with our talent than Fairchild can. Even Molarkey did better than Fairchild.
When did the redskins have an all pro-bowl line-up on offense???

justasportsfan
01-02-2008, 02:29 PM
When did the redskins have an all pro-bowl line-up on offense???
Offense or deffense it does not matter. They did nothing.

The very talent you're questioning is calling out the playcalling, you know there's something wrong. If you can't see that , nothing I can do.

yordad
01-02-2008, 02:29 PM
When did the redskins have an all pro-bowl line-up on offense???Well then, you just made a reverse point. No probowl line up, and they still made the playoffs. Coaching?

justasportsfan
01-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Did Lt, Rivers and Gates all of a sudden get stupid? Same goes for their D?

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Well then, you just made a reverse point. No probowl line up, and they still made the playoffs. Coaching?
The redskins have more than we have on offense and it was enough to get them where they are.... Good OL, vet QB who knows what he is doing, great TE, decent #2 WR, good OL and a pro-bowl RB.

Still I think the skins need major improvements on O and the playoffs will prove that but it was enough to just sneak them in, by beating a Dallas team who didnt care and the Vikings losing in Denver.

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Offense or deffense it does not matter. They did nothing.

The very talent you're questioning is calling out the playcalling, you know there's something wrong. If you can't see that , nothing I can do.
Well we are talking about offense here are we not,,,, OC??

So because a career under-achiever in Reed is questionning play-calling then we should take it to the bank? Gimme a break....

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Did Lt, Rivers and Gates all of a sudden get stupid? Same goes for their D?
LT, Rivers and Gates are 11-5 and are the third seed in the playoffs.

justasportsfan
01-02-2008, 02:41 PM
LT, Rivers and Gates are 11-5 and are the third seed in the playoffs.

they went from 4th best O last year to 20 this year. Was talent the problem there?

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 02:45 PM
they went from 4th best O last year to 20 this year. Was talent the problem there?
Just because the dropped off in production as a whole that doesnt mean anything,,,, Marty was doing things one way and then there was an adjustment period. The Chargers won their last 8 games in a row for a reason, that reason is LT, OL, Rivers, Gates, Chambers, Jackson.

justasportsfan
01-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Just because the dropped off in production as a whole that doesnt mean anything,,,, Marty was doing things one way and then there was an adjustment period. The Chargers won their last 8 games in a row for a reason, that reason is LT, OL, Rivers, Gates, Chambers, Jackson.

haha ! Form 4th down to 20 doesn't mean a lot? Are the cowboys beter than they were last year? Yes. Why? They like playing for their current coach. Nuff said.

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 05:51 PM
haha ! Form 4th down to 20 doesn't mean a lot? Are the cowboys beter than they were last year? Yes. Why? They like playing for their current coach. Nuff said.
The Cowboys are better this year because Romo started the year from the beginning and carried last year into this year..... he also had training camp as the starter.... They would have been just as good under Parcells who built that team. They have 2 excellent receivers, 1 of which is one of the best ever, a pro-bowl TE, a pro-bowl OL, 2 solid RBs and they also have one of the best QBs in the NFL. And btw, Philips doesn't call the plays...

acehole
01-03-2008, 12:29 PM

I also told you that months ago as well.

justasportsfan
01-03-2008, 12:32 PM
The Cowboys are better this year because Romo started the year from the beginning and carried last year into this year..... he also had training camp as the starter.... They would have been just as good under Parcells who built that team. They have 2 excellent receivers, 1 of which is one of the best ever, a pro-bowl TE, a pro-bowl OL, 2 solid RBs and they also have one of the best QBs in the NFL. And btw, Philips doesn't call the plays...
Wrong. It's been stated several times that the players like playing for Wade (just like Dick) Parcells nazzi approach no longer works.

Mahdi
01-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Wrong. It's been stated several times that the players like playing for Wade (just like Dick) Parcells nazzi approach no longer works.
Parcells nazi approach is what made the Cowboys what they are..... Only Owens was complaining about Parcells. Everyone else has given Parcells credit for the team he built and coached up. Listen to Jason Witten on Jim Rome he talks about that.

justasportsfan
01-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Parcells nazi approach is what made the Cowboys what they are..... Only Owens was complaining about Parcells. Everyone else has given Parcells credit for the team he built and coached up. Listen to Jason Witten on Jim Rome he talks about that.

NO, Parcells produced a non playoff team with so much talent. Wade took them to the playoffs. Facts are facts. Your own example TO is a perfect example that coaching makes a difference. Because of the coach switch, he's not your bickering primmadonna. Not the same with Tuna.

Mahdi
01-03-2008, 01:37 PM
NO, Parcells produced a non playoff team with so much talent. Wade took them to the playoffs. Facts are facts. Your own example TO is a perfect example that coaching makes a difference. Because of the coach switch, he's not your bickering primmadonna. Not the same with Tuna.
He's not bickering because Romo throws him 2 TDs a game....

justasportsfan
01-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Romo throws him 2 TDs a game....
and why is that? Coaching. You find ways and means to get the ball to your best player. It's that simple. The Chargers started winning this year when they got the ball to LT.

In the meantime, the bills O makes sure tha ball get to the hands of the opposite qb.

Mahdi
01-03-2008, 04:18 PM
and why is that? Coaching. You find ways and means to get the ball to your best player. It's that simple. The Chargers started winning this year when they got the ball to LT.

In the meantime, the bills O makes sure tha ball get to the hands of the opposite qb.
Its not really that hard to get the ball to TO. He's massive and runs like a horse. Doesn't take much coaching to tell a good QB to throw to a monster, as well as to the other monster Witten.

justasportsfan
01-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Its not really that hard to get the ball to TO..then why couldn't they get him the ball last year? why didn't TO want to perform for Parcells? It's coaching.

MikeInRoch
01-03-2008, 04:32 PM

Funny, I distinctly recall Dallas being in the playoffs last year, and being a dropped snap away from winning their first round game...

MikeInRoch
01-03-2008, 04:36 PM
then why couldn't they get him the ball last year? why didn't TO want to perform for Parcells? It's coaching.

85 catches, and he DID lead the league in TDs, all with a broken hand. Sounds like they got him the ball...

Mahdi
01-03-2008, 04:43 PM
then why couldn't they get him the ball last year? why didn't TO want to perform for Parcells? It's coaching.
Owens had 85 rec for 1180 yards and 13 TDs last year... Owens just doesnt get along with tough coaches. He needs to be babied,,, that has nothing to do with Xs and Os, its personality management. So what if he gets along better with Wade, what does that have to do with what we are talking about?

You think Wade just had a great idea that no one thought of when he got to the Cowboys... like how about throwing the ball to our best receiver a lot!! Way to go Wade! Thats Genius... only if Fairchild would have thought of that! Like maybe we could have thrown to Lee Evans on every play because we dont have Crayton or Witten to help out.

justasportsfan
01-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Owens had 85 rec for 1180 yards and 13 TDs last year... Owens just doesnt get along with tough coaches. He needs to be babied,,, that has nothing to do with Xs and Os, its personality management. So what if he gets along better with Wade, what does that have to do with what we are talking about?

You think Wade just had a great idea that no one thought of when he got to the Cowboys... like how about throwing the ball to our best receiver a lot!! Way to go Wade! Thats Genius... only if Fairchild would have thought of that! Like maybe we could have thrown to Lee Evans on every play because we dont have Crayton or Witten to help out.
Wade got them to playoffs, not Parcells. thats the fact.

Again, I wasn't comparing their talent level to ours. But with the same talent and a worse OL , somone like Mularkey did better.

You can defend Fairchild all you want. Facts are, our O has been the worse since marv left.

Even Rob Johnson as our qb, we were better.

MikeInRoch
01-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Wade got them to playoffs, not Parcells. thats the fact.

Who was the Dallas coach last year?

MikeInRoch
01-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Still waiting...

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Sorry, didn't see your post.

Parcells.

If you want to be technical about it, if you consider Wildcard a playoff game then I was wrong. I guess this weekend is called playoff weekend or wilcard weekend?

IN time, Wade will take the cowpokes further than Parcells ever did.

Mahdi
01-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Ok so the Chargers arent in the playoffs this year I guess since they are playing in a wild card game???

You were wrong, its no big deal to just admit that. Moving on....

I think it makes perfect sense that the Cowboys are better this year than last year... and it all hinges on Romo's progression from last year to this year... last year was a glimpse of what he is capable of and this year he came out and played just like everyone thought he would. Wade has done nothing with regards to Xs and Os to get Dallas where they are.... He is a defensive coach and its the offense that is leading the team and forcing opposing offenses to play desperate.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 02:00 PM
So why didn't the chargers improve based on your Romo example? Why is Rivers not even close to the qb he was last year since his new HC is an offensive minded coach? from 4th to 20th in Offense with the same line-up is one hell of a drop off.

Majority of the board think Fairchild is an idiot. Even Chris Brown hinted that maybe Dick wouldn't have kept Fairchild.

Lets the facts speak for themselves. Mularkey had a better O than Fairchild with less. You were wrong. Fairchild blows :D.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 02:05 PM
BTW, not 1, not 2 but 3 of his wrs called him out.

Dick has stated "significant change". If Fairchild was so great then they wouldn't have a "significant change"

Worse offensive output in franchise history. Not even Mularkey could achieve that with less , an OL with Gandy at LT , Bennie Anderson, Villarial , Prston and Pennington.

The facts are there. The results are in. Fairchild blows.

Mahdi
01-04-2008, 02:12 PM
So why didn't the chargers improve based on your Romo example? Why is Rivers not even close to the qb he was last year since his new HC is an offensive minded coach? from 4th to 20th in Offense with the same line-up is one hell of a drop off.

Majority of the board think Fairchild is an idiot. Even Chris Brown hinted that maybe Dick wouldn't have kept Fairchild.

Lets the facts speak for themselves. Mularkey had a better O than Fairchild with less. You were wrong. Fairchild blows :D.
Who knows why Rivers didnt progress as well as Romo did.... the point is that Romo progressed from last year to this year and that has led to the success of the Cowboys....

My point is not necessarily that Faichild is bad or good... i have never said that Fairchild is a dang good OC....

All I am saying is that he hasnt been given an opportunity to succeed. Every succesful OC has a good range of offensive personnel at his disposal, that is a fact, you keep mentionning Mularkey,,,he wasnt successful... he also didnt have good personnel.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Who knows why Rivers didnt progress as well as Romo did.... the point is that Romo progressed from last year to this year and that has led to the success of the Cowboys.... .but you know that coaching had nothing to do with Romo's improvement?

My point is not necessarily that Faichild is bad or good... i have never said that Fairchild is a dang good OC.... .this is where we disagree. He was bad PERIOD. The facts are there. Worse in franchise history.

All I am saying is that he hasnt been given an opportunity to succeed. Every succesful OC has a good range of offensive personnel at his disposal, that is a fact, you keep mentionning Mularkey,,,he wasnt successful... he also didnt have good personnel.

He was given a huge OL. We drafted Lynch . If it wasn't for Lynch having the ability to move the pile, we'd be dead last offensively. He had more than enough weapons in the running game yet is was pathetic.

Willis did better in Balt. That says a lot about coaching.

He's responsible for the O since Dick is a defensive coach. He is mostly to blame. He sucks.

With all due rspect Mahdi, there's no way you can justify finishing worse in franchise history to go along with Mularkey doing better with less .

Let's not forget Rob JOhnsons team. They did better with less.

O points against the worst team in the league (browns) . MIami did better with less . Inexcusable. The list goes on and on.

Owen DeBoard
01-04-2008, 03:12 PM
This years Tennesee Titans is a good example of what good coaching does for you. Vince Young didnt have a very good year. I cant really name a big time WR on that team and their running game was average with Lendale White and Chris Brown. On defense they have a few that are above average but no super stars. The coaching got them to the playoffs.

Mahdi
01-04-2008, 05:20 PM
This years Tennesee Titans is a good example of what good coaching does for you. Vince Young didnt have a very good year. I cant really name a big time WR on that team and their running game was average with Lendale White and Chris Brown. On defense they have a few that are above average but no super stars. The coaching got them to the playoffs.
A QB that can run like Vince Young is a wild card... The Titans started winning when Vince got there.. they were the same team before he got there and they didnt win. Young is the difference not coaching.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 05:26 PM
A QB that can run like Vince Young is a wild card... The Titans started winning when Vince got there.. they were the same team before he got there and they didnt win. Young is the difference not coaching.
Young has a qb rating of 71.1 . Trent is 70.4. With that alone you would think the titans don't have the right talent either at the qb position. Lynch vs. White and Brown does not look good either for the titans. Yet they are playing in the wild card weekend.

If you want to take into account that Young can scramble, so can JP but yet he was forced to stay in the pocket. The guy can even design a play to scramble on 4th and 1. Shows you again Fairchilds cluelessness.

Mahdi
01-04-2008, 05:29 PM
but you know that coaching had nothing to do with Romo's improvement?

this is where we disagree. He was bad PERIOD. The facts are there. Worse in franchise history.

He was given a huge OL. We drafted Lynch . If it wasn't for Lynch having the ability to move the pile, we'd be dead last offensively. He had more than enough weapons in the running game yet is was pathetic.

Willis did better in Balt. That says a lot about coaching.

He's responsible for the O since Dick is a defensive coach. He is mostly to blame. He sucks.

With all due rspect Mahdi, there's no way you can justify finishing worse in franchise history to go along with Mularkey doing better with less .

Let's not forget Rob JOhnsons team. They did better with less.

O points against the worst team in the league (browns) . MIami did better with less . Inexcusable. The list goes on and on.
He had more than enough weapons in the running game and a huge OL... You realize that only represents one dimension of an offense right? It takes more than that to have a productive offense and put up points......

You keep bringing up Mularkey who had the same problem and suffered the same concequences....

If you cant name me a playoff team in the last 10 years that had comparable talent to ours then you will have proven my point....

That is,,,,

Inconsistent QBing, inconsistent run blocking, no TE, no #2 WR.....

Mahdi
01-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Young has a qb rating of 71.1 . Trent is 70.4. With that alone you would think the titans don't have the right talent either at the qb position. Lynch vs. White and Brown does not look good either for the titans. Yet they are playing in the wild card weekend.

If you want to take into account that Young can scramble, so can JP but yet he was forced to stay in the pocket. The guy can even design a play to scramble on 4th and 1. Shows you again Fairchilds cluelessness.
Now yer comparing JPs scrambling to Vince Young.... okkkk....

Im not even going to comment...

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 05:39 PM
He had more than enough weapons in the running game and a huge OL... You realize that only represents one dimension of an offense right? It takes more than that to have a productive offense and put up points......

You keep bringing up Mularkey who had the same problem and suffered the same concequences....

If you cant name me a playoff team in the last 10 years that had comparable talent to ours then you will have proven my point....

That is,,,,

Inconsistent QBing, inconsistent run blocking, no TE, no #2 WR.....

yes I do know that it was one dimension of the offense yet we sucked. WE weren't good at any part of the O. You said we didn't have weapons. WE have more than enough weapons in the running game. SO that scraps your lack of talent excuse.

Ternt made Fairchild look better by getting rid of the ball which wasn't the MArtz system that Fairchild was hired for. Lynch made Fairchild look better because he could move a pile everytime he got hit at the LOS.

I've already named the Pats. Yet you refuse to accept that as an example. Brady wasn't as good then as he is today but they deviced the screen pass to make him succeed all the way to winning the sb. Again Antoine Smith as thwe rb. Lynch is 10X better than Smith. Yet they found a way to make him seviceable. thats what good coaches do. They know how to use what they have. Prior to his injury even Morris looked better than Lynch.

You keep asking for team s that have succeeded with the same amount of talent . Thats not my argument. My agrgument is teams have done better with less. I've given enough proof. Our D had way less talent than our O and yet they carried the O.

Again, the results are in, worse in franchise history.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Now yer comparing JPs scrambling to Vince Young.... okkkk....

Im not even going to comment...

Of course you're not gonna comment. It proves that Fiarchild can't even device a scheme for JP to even scramble for 1 yrad if needed. It proves Fairchild is clueless.

Mahdi
01-04-2008, 05:50 PM
yes I do know that it was one dimension of the offense yet we sucked. WE weren't good at any part of the O. You said we didn't have weapons. WE have more than enough weapons in the running game. SO that scraps your lack of talent excuse.

Ternt made Fairchild look better by getting rid of the ball which wasn't the MArtz system that Fairchild was hired for. Lynch made Fairchild look better because he could move a pile everytime he got hit at the LOS.

I've already named the Pats. Yet you refuse to accept that as an example. Brady wasn't as good then as he is today but they deviced the screen pass to make him succeed all the way to winning the sb. Again Antoine Smith as thwe rb. Lynch is 10X better than Smith. Yet they found a way to make him seviceable. thats what good coaches do. They know how to use what they have. Prior to his injury even Morris looked better than Lynch.

You keep asking for team s that have succeeded with the same amount of talent . Thats not my argument. My agrgument is teams have done better with less. I've given enough proof. Our D had way less talent than our O and yet they carried the O.

Again, the results are in, worse in franchise history.
Are you a selective reader? Just because we have a talented RB that doesn't mean we dont have a lack of talent.....

I guess yer happy with Reed as our #2 and Royal as our TE and Melvin as our C.

I guess all we need is the best OC in the world to come in and take us to the SB with the players we currently have....

And once again,,,, Brady had much more talent around him in for all of his superbowls.... It doesnt matter if Lynch is better than Smith,,, Smith gave them a solid run game... the point is that they had a good WR corps and a receiving TE to go along with that run game... we dont....

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Are you a selective reader? Just because we have a talented RB that doesn't mean we dont have a lack of talent.....

I guess yer happy with Reed as our #2 and Royal as our TE and Melvin as our C.

I guess all we need is the best OC in the world to come in and take us to the SB with the players we currently have....

And once again,,,, Brady had much more talent around him in for all of his superbowls.... It doesnt matter if Lynch is better than Smith,,, Smith gave them a solid run game... the point is that they had a good WR corps and a receiving TE to go along with that run game... we dont....
you are the one whos selective. Worse in fanchise history says it all. I've already proven Teams doing better with less and yet you ignore that by countering with asking for teams that have been successful which isn't my argument :rolleyes:

I only bring up the PAts because thats what you asekd for. Again, I never said we had enough talent to succeed. WE HAVE ENOUGH TALENT TO NOT FINISH WORSE IN FRANCHISE HISTORY.

Owen DeBoard
01-05-2008, 02:04 AM
Everyone has been saying that Vince Young was in a sophmore slump this year. So how can he be the wild card. He is not the difference Jeff Fisher is the difference.