• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IAG
    • Jan 2005

For the Record

Tom Donahoe's last two years 9-7 and 5-11= 14-18
    Marv's two years on the job 7-9 and 7-9 = 14-18

Seems like TD was not the problem. Plus, the team has leaked all the talent he brought in. Marv did some nice things, but he overall did not do more than Donahoe.

BTW, we can see ON the field IF the Rams give him the keys to castle. I am waiting to compare the organizations over the next 3 years if he comes to power in St. Louis.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: For the Record

Tom had issues, but Marv really hasn't done anything either. Yeah, he made everybody like each other at One Bills Drive, but the product on the field is still mediocre.

Comment

• mikemac2001
      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
      Tom had issues, but Marv really hasn't done anything either. Yeah, he made everybody like each other at One Bills Drive, but the product on the field is still mediocre.

First time in a long time ive seen this young team heading in right direction

and growing as a team at the same time. thats better then TD's patches of vets and same old same old records. Build team from ground up.

MUCK
      FIAMI

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

We're moving up and in a positive direction instead of down.

Big difference.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mikemac2001
          First time in a long time ive seen this young team heading in right direction

and growing as a team at the same time. thats better then TD's patches of vets and same old same old records. Build team from ground up.
          Why do you think they're heading in the right direction? What gives you that impression...last in offense and nearly last in defense? Or the fact that we can't beat good teams? Just because you have a bunch of "good guys" doesn't mean you're any closer to winning a damn thing.

Comment

• mikemac2001
            • Mar 2003

Why do you think they're heading in the right direction? What gives you that impression...last in offense and nearly last in defense? Or the fact that we can't beat good teams? Just because you have a bunch of "good guys" doesn't mean you're any closer to winning a damn thing.

Hmm first Rookie QB AND Rb a new oline with there first year all together
            roscoe starting to develop as a threat

The depth we gained this year with all the injuries

Another years draft to get a 2nd wr a TE another DT

not every year is a playoff year but with the youth and all the injuries the team played pretty well.

Think another year with mccargo, ko simpson and poz back another big DT to help stop the run

way better then TD's old vets just getting older and slower and there production level dropping and then trying to bring in more to fill in other holes

MUCK
            FIAMI

Comment

• IAG
              • Jan 2005

Nighthawk: I agree with your assessments. I like some young players, but I am not sure they are going to win 10 games anytime soon. I am also not sure if we can chalk up 4 wins against NYJ and Miami next year.

I hate the defensive philosophy, by the way.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Hmm first Rookie QB AND Rb a new oline with there first year all together
                roscoe starting to develop as a threat

The depth we gained this year with all the injuries

Another years draft to get a 2nd wr a TE another DT

not every year is a playoff year but with the youth and all the injuries the team played pretty well.

Think another year with mccargo, ko simpson and poz back another big DT to help stop the run

way better then TD's old vets just getting older and slower and there production level dropping and then trying to bring in more to fill in other holes
                There are definitely some bright spots, but more questions than I would like to see 2 years into this regime. I'm not as optimistic...especially with Dickey as HC.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                  • Feb 2005

With Donahoe, I felt like the team had no direction. With Marv, these past two years, I actually feel like the team may be headed in the right direction.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    • Mar 2003

There are definitely some bright spots, but more questions than I would like to see 2 years into this regime. I'm not as optimistic...especially with Dickey as HC.

And murlarky had you pumped

A young team starting to play well together doesnt get you optimistic look at all the games we were actually in

We had a chance to win most of the games with a young injured team

rookie qb rookie rb and a sub par receiving core

add a WR to go along evans

Bring back Ko and Poz add a DT to help stop run and we could have a very good season.

if you looked at everything that happened and couldnt see the record where would you put this team at.

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• IAG
                      • Jan 2005

I am still frustrated years later at the fact IF Wilson could have given more money to Donahoe they could have kept Adams, Pat Williams and eventually Fletcher together. They would have stopped the run for the past couple of years. How much would have they helped against the Browns and Giants? I know Wilson does not have deep pockets like Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft, but I submit to you all that if they kept the big fellas in the middle the Bills win against Cleveland and the Giants.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

And murlarky had you pumped

A young team starting to play well together doesnt get you optimistic look at all the games we were actually in

We had a chance to win most of the games with a young injured team

rookie qb rookie rb and a sub par receiving core

add a WR to go along evans

Bring back Ko and Poz add a DT to help stop run and we could have a very good season.

if you looked at everything that happened and couldnt see the record where would you put this team at.
                        The style of football we have played under Jauron will NEVER win a championship. He coaches not to lose, rather then coaching to win.

Comment

Working...
                        X