PDA

View Full Version : Is there any possible way we can get Cowher in here?

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2007, 12:05 PM
I know it is probably impossible because Wilson is such a freaking tightwad but that would be our best bet.

billsburgh
12-31-2007, 12:08 PM
as coach or gm?
as a coach, hell yeah
as a gm, no

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2007, 12:10 PM
as coach or gm?
as a coach, hell yeah
as a gm, no
Either.

YardRat
12-31-2007, 12:11 PM
Dream on. If Cowher comes back, it will probably be to replace Fox in Carolina.

Ickybaluky
12-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Cowher seems pretty set to sit out another year. He probably will return somewhere after 2008.

trapezeus
12-31-2007, 12:13 PM
cowher not only needs money to be enticed back, but the right situation for his family. he doesn't want to move them and he needed time off.

Even if the Bills gave him a contract, it'd have to be well over what carolina shows him.

Nighthawk
12-31-2007, 12:15 PM
I know it is probably impossible because Wilson is such a freaking tightwad but that would be our best bet.

No there is no way Ralphy dishes out the money to get a real HC & GM in here and yes, you're correct...he is PERFECT for Buffalo. That being said, it will never happen. However, I love the idea.

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Why do people want Cowher as GM?

Nighthawk
12-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Why do people want Cowher as GM?

I believe people want him as HC/GM and it would be a HUGE upgrade and bring some respectability to this franchise. That's why it won't happen.

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2007, 12:22 PM
I believe people want him as HC/GM and it would be a HUGE upgrade and bring some respectability to this franchise. That's why it won't happen.

Name somebody who was had success in both roles in the NFL in recent times.

One man can't handle both jobs. It would be a name to bring in and is a TD type of move: Bring in a name to satisfy the fans.

Nighthawk
12-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Name somebody who was had success in both roles in the NFL in recent times.

One man can't handle both jobs. It would be a name to bring in and is a TD type of move: Bring in a name to satisfy the fans.

I'd have to agree with you, but people around here are so fed up with cheap, average to below average hires from Ralph, that this would really get people excited.

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2007, 12:25 PM
I'd have to agree with you, but people around here are so fed up with cheap, average to below average hires from Ralph, that this would really get people excited.

At the time he hired Donahoe, TD was the biggest name FA GM available and the most expensive.

He was not a cheap hire.

Nighthawk
12-31-2007, 12:27 PM
At the time he hired Donahoe, TD was the biggest name FA GM available and the most expensive.

He was not a cheap hire.

That was the only time he's ever spent money and everybody liked it. It didn't turn out, but that doesn't mean it was the wrong move at the time.

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2007, 12:28 PM
That was the only time he's ever spent money and everybody liked it. It didn't turn out, but that doesn't mean it was the wrong move at the time.

He has epent money before too.

Stealing Knox from the Rams for example.

The best hires are not always the most expensive ones.

Jeff Fisher, Belichek, Wade Phillips, etc. were not big money hires.

mchurchfie
12-31-2007, 12:39 PM

Our success with bringing in asst coaches to break in as HCs is pitiful. Time to bring in some qualified people.

Devin
12-31-2007, 12:39 PM
I say we keep jauron one more season and then next year when cowher comes back offer him whatever carolina does x2.

Being a few hours from pitt and all might help.

Nighthawk
12-31-2007, 12:40 PM

I agree, but Ralph never seems to get it right. A lot of the times he hires because he knows the guy, that is never a good thing.

trapezeus
12-31-2007, 12:44 PM
I say we keep jauron one more season and then next year when cowher comes back offer him whatever carolina does x2.

Being a few hours from pitt and all might help.

but his family lives in carolina.

Devin
12-31-2007, 12:45 PM
oh. my bad.

patmoran2006
12-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Cowher = INSTANT RESPECT.

Wilson would never pay him the kind of money another team would.

A guy like Cowher is what this team needs.. A kick in the ass kind of coach. Cowher would be a legend in this town.

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2007, 02:44 PM
Cowher = INSTANT RESPECT.

Wilson would never pay him the kind of money another team would.

Agreed.... WHY THOUGH?? WHY WON'T HE PAY THE ****ING MONEY ALREADY? Its like owning a Ferrari with a 4 cylinder engine.... WHY???

patmoran2006
12-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Ownership. He isn't going to change at 9,000 years or however old he is now.

As long as 70,000+ fans continue to sell out the stadium to watch a dog-**** boring offense with no imagination, why would he spend the money on a top flight proven head coach and/or GM?

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2007, 02:54 PM

As long as 70,000+ fans continue to sell out the stadium to watch a dog-**** boring offense with no imagination, why would he spend the money on a top flight proven head coach and/or GM?
I know I know but I just can't believe that after all these years the guy wouldn't just want to win. How much money does he need?

yordad
12-31-2007, 02:54 PM

As long as 70,000+ fans continue to sell out the stadium to watch a dog-**** boring offense with no imagination, why would he spend the money on a top flight proven head coach and/or GM?Because he is getting old. He has one toy. He has money.

If I was him, I would do everything possible to win it all before I kicked the bucket.
Now, I'm not saying I think he will, just giving reasons for why he could.

If we hired Cowher, I would get season tickets again. As of now, I don't think so. If we aren't doing all we can to win, why buy tickets.

If we get a discounted GM and coach, I want 50% off my tickets (yes, I know they are the cheapest in the league, but still).

Cowher would be perfect. That chin is awesome.

G. Host
12-31-2007, 06:19 PM

Yes. Move team to Raleigh, NC