• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

It's Official: Levy Leaving as Bills' GM

Monday afternoon the team released the following statement from Levy:

"Following the 2005 NFL football season, Mr. Wilson and I agreed that I would return to Buffalo to serve as the team's General Manager for the following two-year period.

It has been an experience that I have enjoyed immensely, and I am grateful to Mr. Wilson, to all the wonderful people in the Buffalo Bills organization, and to those incomparable fans who have inspired our team so magnificently.

Those two years have now elapsed, and I feel compelled now to turn my energies and my time to other endeavors that intrigue me.

Despite an unprecedented number of season-ending injuries, Dick Jauron, his coaching staff, and an admirable core of high-character players are heading in the right direction. If my contributions to their efforts have been meaningful, I then take my leave from One Bills Drive, thankful and gratified.

Over the next two or three weeks, I look forward to participating, as Mr. Wilson and I have agreed, in the transition process that facilitates my departure. After that, I plan to return to my home in Chicago. There will always remain a part of me, however, that walks down that tunnel out onto the playing field at Ralph Wilson Stadium on those excitement-charged autumn Sunday afternoons."

The 82-year-old also coached the Bills from 1986 to 1997, helming the team's four runs to the Super Bowl in the early 1990's.

Said Bills' owner Ralph Wilson, "I met with Marv last week and he told me that his mission as the Bills' General Manager was accomplished. I will always be grateful for his service.

When we needed a new focus and direction, Marv improved our organization's morale, attitude and environment. All of that, plus the stability we needed to move forward.

I sincerely wish Marv, Fran and Kimberly all the best. I have never met anyone with the class and dignity of Marv Levy and he has the utmost respect from me and the entire Buffalo Bills organization."

• patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: It's Official: Levy Leaving as Bills' GM

While I respect Marv to death.. This line is funny

"Said Bills' owner Ralph Wilson, "I met with Marv last week and he told me that his mission as the Bills' General Manager was accomplished. I will always be grateful for his service."

Maybe in Wilson's eyes his mission was accomplished. My question is, what mission are you referring to? We were 14-18 the past two years, about the same record we have every 2 years for approximately the past decade.

And while we certainly have a nice young little core with some talent, I am far from sure we're headed in the right direction; unless Wilson considers a 9-win season the right direction.

We were 31st in the NFL in yards per game allowed. We scored the fewest offensive touchdowns in the HISTORY of the franchise since the schedule went to 16 games (and that includes the back to back 2-14 teams of the 80's).

We have no offensive coordinator, our WR corp is a joke, as is our Tight ends. We have a rookie QB who showed promise but also showed he has a longgg way to go. We couldn't stay healthy to save our life, and we have a chicken-**** head coach who literally coaches against the better teams to not get blown out. I mean, even after yesterday's putrid offensive showing he was pleased because we didnt "turn the ball over".

If this team is heading in the right direction, someone tell me what that right direction is?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

this team is much better off than during TD's term.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

One could argue we were closer to the playoffs under TD then we were under Levy
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          One could argue we were closer to the playoffs under TD then we were under Levy
          for the short term, for one year but that dissolved when Parker broke off a run and the team was gutted of vets...but this team is healthier long term

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

he left us with a decent future. i wish he'd stay and finish the job. but the last two off seasons have been B+ maybe A- in my books.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Mike13
              • Aug 2005

I wonder how much age had to do with it.
              Its got to be a stressful job and when you're in your 80s thats never a good thing.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

Didn't George Bush also say "Mission Accomplished" a couple of years ago?

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                  Didn't George Bush also say "Mission Accomplished" a couple of years ago?
                  Yeah, so did Britney Spears when she got out of rehab. Do you want to compare Marv to her too?

Comment

Working...
                  X