PDA

View Full Version : We have some great picks in this draft

Bone
12-31-2007, 03:25 PM
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

We will draft 11th in round 1, So in round two, Buffalo will pick 10th (42nd overall) and in round three they will pick 9th (73rd overall) and in round four they will pick 15th as they move to the bottom of the tiebreaking ladder. The overall pick in round four cannot be determined since compensatory picks won't be awarded until March.
But Buffalo will have four picks in the top 75 counting their third round choice from Baltimore (72nd overall) from the McGahee trade. They'll also have an extra fifth-round pick from the Bears (Walker trade) and an extra 7th from the Eagles for Kelly Holcomb. So by my count I think that's 10 picks.
1st - 1, 2nd - 1, 3rd - 2, 4th - 1, 5th - 2, 6th - 1, 7th - 2

patmoran2006
12-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Having 72 and 73 might be good to package to move up, maybe for a quality TE in round two.

When does NE pick for SF?

hammerbillsfan
12-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Having 72 and 73 might be good to package to move up, maybe for a quality TE in round two.

When does NE pick for SF?

I believe it's the 7th pick.

Ickybaluky
12-31-2007, 03:43 PM
I believe it's the 7th pick.

It is. They also have Oakland's 3rd pick, which will be the 3rd-5th pick in the round depending on how the coin flip works out for 3-5.

Wys Guy
12-31-2007, 04:21 PM
We have some great picks in this draft <!-- Start Post Thank You Hack -->
We've had some great picks in recent past drafts too.

What'd we get for them;

Losman, McCargo (two day one picks), and Youboty.

Wow! I can feel my loins just a tingling with anticipation.

Lynch, while some of you may seem to think he's something other than a very average RB in the making w/o a shred of any of that talked about "home run" ability, he wasn't anything monumental either.

Poz is still mystery meat.

Edwards is closer to bust than he is to starting permanently.

Draft pick is great, but it's what you do with them that matters. I'd rather have our picks 20 later in each round and have NE's staff making them for us.

Jan Reimers
12-31-2007, 04:51 PM

What'd we get for them;

Lynch, while some of you may seem to think he's something other than a very average RB in the making w/o a shred of any of that talked about "home run" ability, he wasn't anything monumental either.

Draft pick is great, but it's what you do with them that matters. I'd rather have our picks 20 later in each round and have NE's staff making them for us.
Wow! I know you relish your role as resident contrarion and naysayer, but it's really getting to the point of ridiculous. Lynch gets 1115 yards in 13 games in his first year and that's average? Edwards wins 5 out of 9 as a raw rookie, and he's close to a bust? Poz is mystery meat? And it doesn't seem to matter how well McCargo is starting to play - you've pegged him as a bust, and you will not be disuaded by his actual play on the field.

You should try a modicum of objectivity once in a while. People might actually start paying attention to you.

The Spaz
12-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Wow! I know you relish your role as resident contrarion and naysayer, but it's really getting to the point of ridiculous. Lynch gets 1115 yards in 13 games in his first year and that's average? Edwards wins 5 out of 9 as a raw rookie, and he's close to a bust? Poz is mystery meat? And it doesn't seem to matter how well McCargo is starting to play - you've pegged him as a bust, and you will not be disuaded by his actual play on the field.

You should try a modicum of objectivity once in a while. People might actually start paying attention to you.

:clap::up::beer:

Mahdi
12-31-2007, 05:02 PM

What'd we get for them;

A) McCargo came on real strong this year.... so wTh are u talking about.

B) Youboty hasnt had much of a chance yet.

C) I dont even know if I should comment on the Lynch statement but I will..... WTH are u talking about?? Lynch average? He had 1100 yards in 13 games and thats without a passing game to open things up for him and an OL that didnt really block all that well since theyre all new.... You know there is a point when yer negativity just becomes illogical.

patmoran2006
12-31-2007, 05:21 PM

What'd we get for them;

Wow, dude.
You're either the most biased Bills fan in history, or you're intentionally posting this kind of stuff to elicit responses.

1. Losman is a total bust. He's also a Donahoe guy so that should say enough right there.

2. For whatever reason with such limited playing time, McCargo has made more key short yard stops and probably sacks for that matter than any defender on this roster. Im actually confident enough in him that if they actual start him next season, I won't be too sore if we dont go out and get a big-time DT via FA.

3. Youboty is as bum. He'll be in the CFL in two years.

But this is the quote that really gets me the most, and makes me question whether you're insane or posting this INTENTIONALLY..

"Lynch, while some of you may seem to think he's something other than a very average RB in the making w/o a shred of any of that talked about "home run" ability, he wasn't anything monumental either. ?

A- He's a ROOKIE!

B- He finished 8th in the ENTIRE NFL in rushing yards per game. Behind him on that list includes notable names like Stephen Jackson, Willis McGahee, Frank Gore, Joseph Addai, Larry Johnson and Clinton Portis. This despite being a part of a putrid offense where defenses could stack 8 even 9 guys in the box knowing we were going to run. Also, he only fumbled twice in 280 carries. How much more production do you EXPECT out of a rookie running back on a predictable offense? Did you expect Barry Sanders? Lastly I remember a 56-yard TD to put away the Bengals and a 50+ yard run yesterday at Philly. Maybe my definition of "home run hitter' differs from yours. If so, I'll take his doubles and triples all day long. He's going to be one of the best RB in this league.

To finish off your points.

1- Yes, Poz is mystery meat. But that meat was looking pretty good early in the season before the injury. If I'm correct, I think he was 2nd or 3rd in the NFL in tackles before going down. Im not sold on him as an "impact" middle linebacker, but I expect him if healthy to be rock solid if nothing else. He was a second rounder, not the second overall pick.

Lastly, how is Edwards closer to being a "bust" than a permanent starter? He only threw one more INt than TD; won more games than he lost and didn't commit a turnover in four of his last five starts. I blame a horrible offensive coordinator and a lack of receivers ever actually getting OPEN than Edwards being a bust.

Anyway, how does a LATE THIRD ROUNDER who wasn't even supposed to play this year become a "bust" after one season? Did you expect him to lead us to the Super Bowl this year? IF a 3rd round rookie plays, it's because the starter either sucks or got hurt (or both). Given the circumstances and how he was thrusted into the lineup before any other starting rookie QB this year saw a snap, I think he did a good job.

HAMMER
12-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Another post is a douche.

hydro
12-31-2007, 05:47 PM
I think Wys is just trying to remind everyone why he is the most hated poster here...

jamze132
12-31-2007, 06:02 PM
Wys is trying to entice other posters into trouble. Thats what trolls do.

helmetguy
12-31-2007, 06:58 PM

What do you expect from a guy who doesn't even watch the games? He reminds me of a movie critic. "I didn't see the movie, but if I had written it, I'd have done it this way...."

G. Host
01-01-2008, 12:14 AM
He is no different than FTP other FTP admits he is a Dolphin fan.

I will no longer bother steering business his way - when people ask about his sauce I will tell them it Kraft's sauce - the type he gets from wiping his ass.

Bone
01-01-2008, 12:55 AM
There is no way Wys is a Bills Fan...

Tatonka
01-01-2008, 05:51 PM
wys doesnt watch bills games.. seriously, if any of you take anything he says to heart, your doing exactly what he wants.. giving him a reaction to a moronic post that has no other purpose.

the guy thinks he knows games because he reads stats and writes novels that no one reads.. i just cant help but laugh when i read his stuff..