PDA

View Full Version : Jauron for GM and Shottzy for coach??

Ebenezer
12-31-2007, 05:16 PM
What do you think?

patmoran2006
12-31-2007, 05:24 PM
I think I have a better chance of scoring with the hottie bartender downtown who has her movie-star looks boyfriend sitting at the corner all night than Schotzy has of coming to buffalo.

YardRat
12-31-2007, 05:25 PM
No. Give DJ one more year on the sideline, then re-evaluate and go from there.

M
12-31-2007, 05:26 PM
I think I have a better chance of scoring with the hottie bartender downtown who has her movie-star looks boyfriend sitting at the corner all night than Schotzy has of coming to buffalo.

Oh ye of little faith. One can't dream, can't one??

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Why Jauron at GM? He has 0 exp

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Why Jauron at GM? He has 0 exp

Says the man pimping Cowher for the GM job.

jamze132
12-31-2007, 06:07 PM
The Ravens fired Brian Billick...

Novacane
12-31-2007, 06:32 PM
I hate that idea

DMBcrew36
12-31-2007, 06:39 PM
It'll never happen.

Nighthawk
12-31-2007, 07:01 PM
No, if Jauron is moving anywhere, it should be out the door.

acattack15
12-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Jauron is a Yale alumni, he is a smart man, lol but idk

Typ0
12-31-2007, 10:17 PM

if she was really pissed I'd bang her.

Michael82
01-01-2008, 01:03 AM
damn! we can dream, can't we? It would put another Marv Levy type guy as the GM. Jauron would probably do a decent job. and then we would have a very good coach. :up:

LifetimeBillsFan
01-01-2008, 02:29 AM
I don't know about the idea of Schottenheimer coming to Buffalo as HC--I don't know if he or R.Wilson would be interested, but he might not be a bad choice for a young team that needs to develop into a winning team: he's been able to bring teams in worse shape than the Bills are now up to playoff caliber teams, even if he hasn't been able to win with them in the playoffs once they got there.

But, the idea of Jauron as GM really isn't as crazy as it sounds. The way that the Bills are structured right now because of Marv, it would not be necessary for Jauron to do a lot of the financial work that most GMs do--which is the part of the job that he really knows the least about. Jauron is a smart guy who obviously must have bought into the vision of the team that Marv had--otherwise, Marv would never have hired him to be his HC--and would probably want to continue taking the team in that same direction. Jauron is obviously able to motivate his players and his staff to work hard for him--which would mean that the attitude of the people working under him would continue to be positive. Jauron has been around the game long enough to know what the team's weaknesses are and what kind of players he would need to bring in to make the team better. He has already acknowledged that, as attached as he has become to his players during the course of this season, the team needs more talent and some of those players are going to have to be replaced (a neccessary attitude for a GM to have).

The weakest part of Jauron's "game" as a HC has been his "in-game" coaching. As GM, that would not be an issue. A new HC could bring in his own new OC, which would make it easier for the team to attract a new HC and still retain some of the assistants that the team wants to keep. The team could look for a new HC who might be a better "in-game" coach than Jauron and an OC who would have a more entertaining approach to offense.

The two biggest problems that I can see are: 1.) some of Jauron's assistant hires have not worked out very well (Fairchild in Buffalo and Schoop in Chicago come immediately to mind), raising a question about his ability to choose competent coaching talent--which would be his first and most important task as GM; and 2.) his lack of experience in the front office means that he would have to learn his job on the fly, even if R.Brandon, J.Overdorff, J.Guy and T.Modrak were to relieve him of some of the responsibilities that most GMs have to perform--could he do that without stepping on other's toes or causing resentment that would destroy the harmony that M.Levy was able to create in the front office. Both are issues that could prove to be quite problematic to be sure.

Still, if Modrak doesn't want the job (and it appears that he does not) and R.Wilson wants to Brandon and Overdorff to continue doing the kinds of things that they have been doing (which would make things easier for a new inexperienced GM), why not consider having Jauron take over Marv's position and responsibilities? It would be easier to find a HC who would continue doing what Jauron has done with the team than it would be to find a GM who would not want to take the team in his own direction (which would probably mean hiring his own HC and staff and starting to rebuild the team from scratch all over again).

Historian
01-01-2008, 05:47 AM
Ill take Marty.

At least we'll end the playoff drought.

THATHURMANATOR
01-01-2008, 06:47 AM
Says the man pimping Cowher for the GM job.
You are all over me lately man. Cowher brings us instant credibility. I am willing to let him learn over Jauron. BUT I really want Cowher just for a coach.

Kerr
01-01-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't know about the idea of Schottenheimer coming to Buffalo as HC--I don't know if he or R.Wilson would be interested, but he might not be a bad choice for a young team that needs to develop into a winning team: he's been able to bring teams in worse shape than the Bills are now up to playoff caliber teams, even if he hasn't been able to win with them in the playoffs once they got there.

But, the idea of Jauron as GM really isn't as crazy as it sounds. The way that the Bills are structured right now because of Marv, it would not be necessary for Jauron to do a lot of the financial work that most GMs do--which is the part of the job that he really knows the least about. Jauron is a smart guy who obviously must have bought into the vision of the team that Marv had--otherwise, Marv would never have hired him to be his HC--and would probably want to continue taking the team in that same direction. Jauron is obviously able to motivate his players and his staff to work hard for him--which would mean that the attitude of the people working under him would continue to be positive. Jauron has been around the game long enough to know what the team's weaknesses are and what kind of players he would need to bring in to make the team better. He has already acknowledged that, as attached as he has become to his players during the course of this season, the team needs more talent and some of those players are going to have to be replaced (a neccessary attitude for a GM to have).

The weakest part of Jauron's "game" as a HC has been his "in-game" coaching. As GM, that would not be an issue. A new HC could bring in his own new OC, which would make it easier for the team to attract a new HC and still retain some of the assistants that the team wants to keep. The team could look for a new HC who might be a better "in-game" coach than Jauron and an OC who would have a more entertaining approach to offense.

The two biggest problems that I can see are: 1.) some of Jauron's assistant hires have not worked out very well (Fairchild in Buffalo and Schoop in Chicago come immediately to mind), raising a question about his ability to choose competent coaching talent--which would be his first and most important task as GM; and 2.) his lack of experience in the front office means that he would have to learn his job on the fly, even if R.Brandon, J.Overdorff, J.Guy and T.Modrak were to relieve him of some of the responsibilities that most GMs have to perform--could he do that without stepping on other's toes or causing resentment that would destroy the harmony that M.Levy was able to create in the front office. Both are issues that could prove to be quite problematic to be sure.

Still, if Modrak doesn't want the job (and it appears that he does not) and R.Wilson wants to Brandon and Overdorff to continue doing the kinds of things that they have been doing (which would make things easier for a new inexperienced GM), why not consider having Jauron take over Marv's position and responsibilities? It would be easier to find a HC who would continue doing what Jauron has done with the team than it would be to find a GM who would not want to take the team in his own direction (which would probably mean hiring his own HC and staff and starting to rebuild the team from scratch all over again).

When you put it that way, this team might be better off with Jauron as GM. The guys in game coaching is very questionable and his assistant hiring is awful. If he's not leaving he might as well be in the front office. Fairchild is gone and Fewell is left. I think Fewell needs to go.

Mr. Cynical
01-01-2008, 03:54 PM
What do you think?

more mediocrity

Nighthawk
01-01-2008, 04:01 PM
more mediocrity

Look up the word "mediocrity" in the dictionary and you would see the picture of Ralph Wilson.