PDA

View Full Version : Isn't Ralph Wilson the ultimate problem with this team?

Ebenezer
01-01-2008, 05:48 AM
Meddling owner?...will shell out bucks but not take risks?...doesn't do enough to create revenue?

Ultimately I say RW is the biggest problem the Bills have/have ever had. So many negatives can point back to him.

Is RW the ultimate problem with this team?

Discuss.

Historian
01-01-2008, 05:51 AM
Of course Ralph is the problem.

Take out all the other variables, and he is the constant.

Some scientist you are.

:rolleyes:

Lone Stranger
01-01-2008, 06:08 AM
Absolutely, you need only look at his letting go of Lou Saban, the best coach in the Bills' history, and the firing of Bill Polian, one of the best talent evaluators in football. We could go on and on but the aforementioned is typical of his leadership.

IAG
01-01-2008, 06:15 AM
YES

Buffatexas
01-01-2008, 07:04 AM
the guy cant even drive himself to the games, I cant sit back and believe that Ralph alone is the ultimate problem. He may make the decisions, but I believe that there is someone else pulling the strings. Wooever it is should be guilty of manipulating the elderly.

YardRat
01-01-2008, 07:11 AM
I'll take Ralph over Paul Snyder, John Y. Brown, the Knox Bros. or John Rigas every day of the week.

Be careful what you wish for.

Typ0
01-01-2008, 07:13 AM
yes.

Nighthawk
01-01-2008, 07:35 AM
Umm, yes...he has been a problem for a very long time, but some people are blinded to what he really is.

Night Train
01-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Ralph is been the blocking of progress for years. Anyone that has followed this team for many years knows it. Now that he perceived TD burned him,he'll die before looking outside the organization for a fresh face.

While Ralph lives, we make do with what we have and attempt to win in spite of him.

Buffatexas
01-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Umm, yes...he has been a problem for a very long time, but some people are blinded to what he really is.

and equally so, people are blinded as to what he isnt. I just love how people state their speculation as if they themselves have the office right next to Ralph's and can hear everything that goes on at OBD and then proclaim it as fact. He could have easily not signed Kelly when Jim said he did not want to play here, He could of never made that trade for Biscuit. He did not have to give his seal of approval to bring in Spikes, Fletch, Adams, Washington and the many other "marquee" names that have graced our presence. He very easily could have pulled a Hugh Culverhouse and had his team in the cellar of the league for more than 20 years (TB Bucs previous owner). I know this is a "what have you done for me now" type league so I can understand the frustration of the fans and realize that yeah, he is the owner and he should be the one to blame. But still, I believe that there are others that are pulling his strings and "advising" him on what he should do and when.

No offense hawk, that wasnt really aimed at you, just the post and the billions of posts like it.

don137
01-01-2008, 07:54 AM
The root cause of the problem is ownership but since he will not sell the team, us as fans look for band aids to such as change in front office, change in personnel, etc.

Nighthawk
01-01-2008, 07:59 AM
and equally so, people are blinded as to what he isnt. I just love how people state their speculation as if they themselves have the office right next to Ralph's and can hear everything that goes on at OBD and then proclaim it as fact. He could have easily not signed Kelly when Jim said he did not want to play here, He could of never made that trade for Biscuit. He did not have to give his seal of approval to bring in Spikes, Fletch, Adams, Washington and the many other "marquee" names that have graced our presence. He very easily could have pulled a Hugh Culverhouse and had his team in the cellar of the league for more than 20 years (TB Bucs previous owner). I know this is a "what have you done for me now" type league so I can understand the frustration of the fans and realize that yeah, he is the owner and he should be the one to blame. But still, I believe that there are others that are pulling his strings and "advising" him on what he should do and when.

No offense hawk, that wasnt really aimed at you, just the post and the billions of posts like it.

No offense taken, that's what these boards are for. However, the facts back up the argument that Ralphy is the problem. Because of his feeling of being burned, the fans now have to suffer with him choosing another loser GM. Umm, so what you're telling me is that we are going to promote from within an organization that hasn't seen the playoffs in 10 years??? Yeah, now that is smart. This organization is just so poorly ran that is one of the biggest jokes of the NFL.

Historian
01-01-2008, 08:24 AM
He could have easily not signed Kelly when Jim said he did not want to play here, He could of never made that trade for Biscuit.

All Polian moves, for which he was rewarded with a pink slip.

He did not have to give his seal of approval to bring in Spikes, Fletch, Adams, Washington and the many other "marquee" names that have graced our presence.

Following the purges and the 3-13 season of 2001, he was forced to make those moves.

He very easily could have pulled a Hugh Culverhouse and had his team in the cellar of the league for more than 20 years (TB Bucs previous owner).

We're halfway there...

The Jokeman
01-01-2008, 08:58 AM
I'll take Ralph over Paul Snyder, John Y. Brown, the Knox Bros. or John Rigas every day of the week.

Be careful what you wish for.
I'm wishing for Tom Goliasano.

Kerr
01-01-2008, 09:11 AM
As much as I hate to say it, he might be this teams own enemy.

YardRat
01-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm wishing for Tom Goliasano.

Oh yeah...That would be great.

How are the Sabres doing with their big FA acquisitions?

Buffatexas
01-01-2008, 05:15 PM
All Polian moves, for which he was rewarded with a pink slip.

Following the purges and the 3-13 season of 2001, he was forced to make those moves.

We're halfway there...

which was my point....it is not entirely Ralph

Ebenezer
01-01-2008, 05:23 PM
which was my point....it is not entirely Ralph
no...but when RW gets misguided, which is more often than not...this team suffers badly.

Buffatexas
01-01-2008, 05:27 PM
no...but when RW gets misguided, which is more often than not...this team suffers badly.

Exactly...that is what I am saying. Ralph's cronies are the one to blame. It really cannot be that hard to misguide a person who is of Ralphies age. I am just so over people saying it is all Ralph's fault like they know this to be a fact.