PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Schobel Should Do This Too

DynaPaul
01-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Denver Broncos player Matt Lepsis on his retirement:

"Mike (Shanahan) would call me out for not playing very well, and I had to agree with him," Lepsis said. "I'd say, 'You're right, I'm playing like crap.' I didn't want to go make all that money and not give the team what I was supposed to."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7854014

Could Aaron give some back so we can sign better players?

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-01-2008, 02:26 PM
I think Schobel is a terrific player and he did play good enough this season. It's impossible to shine on when you have such a bad defensive line playing with you... opposing Olines were able to double Schoble without fearing the rest of our Dline would do anything.

The Jokeman
01-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Schobel's still the best DE we have, so whom do you propose we bring in to replace him?

Goobylal
01-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Schobel needs to get back up to 262#.

And Parcells used to do that all the time to Jumbo Elliott.

Owen DeBoard
01-01-2008, 10:44 PM

"Mike (Shanahan) would call me out for not playing very well, and I had to agree with him," Lepsis said. "I'd say, 'You're right, I'm playing like crap.' I didn't want to go make all that money and not give the team what I was supposed to."

Yeah make your most consistent and probably your best defensive player give money back. What about Chris Kelsay. Kelsay is the guy this post should be about.

jamze132
01-02-2008, 06:29 AM

I don't think Schobel played bad at all. He sack numbers were down becaue of the lack of pass rush from the rest of the line. I think people underestimate Denney. In 2006 when Denney and Kelsay rotated out, both players piled up the sacks which in turn kept opposing offenses honest and couldn't afford to double Schobel like they did this year. This year with Denney pretty much out, they knew Kelsay wasn't going to get to the QB, especially after he was worn out by halftime with no relief. So they could slide protection to the right side and double up on Schobel. What it did was limit his sacks but it also increased his tackles near the LOS.

Son't blame Schobel because he didn't have as many sacks as last year.

Historian
01-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Schoebel would be a perrennial all-pro if we had any semblence of bulk at the DT position.

Heck...Kelsay would even look good with help in the middle.

realdealryan
01-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Schobel dropped into coverage on Westbrook on more than one occasion during the Eagles game. How many times was he doing something OTHER than rushing the passer this year? I don't think it's his fault he's in a ridiculous scheme.

mchurchfie
01-02-2008, 07:53 AM
When we get stonger up the middle Schobel will reappear in full force.

eyedog
01-02-2008, 08:32 AM
We don't like big/bulk d-tackles remember ? They don't fit the system. That great system we play that gets killed every week.

ddaryl
01-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Schobel dropped into coverage on Westbrook on more than one occasion during the Eagles game. How many times was he doing something OTHER than rushing the passer this year? I don't think it's his fault he's in a ridiculous scheme.

NO ****!!

I couldn't agree more.

Who in their right mind would have a DE covering an all-pro proven RB.

Dont drink the water
01-02-2008, 08:54 AM

What retire? He did nto give any back - he is just not taking it in the future.

eyedog
01-02-2008, 08:58 AM
NO ****!!

I couldn't agree more.

Who in their right mind would have a DE covering an all-pro proven RB.

The Bills, Fewell, Jauron, and the Tampa-2. Great combo that is.

Michael82
01-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Schobel needs to get back up to 262#.

And Parcells used to do that all the time to Jumbo Elliott.
Excellent post! I have been saying that all year. Whomever told him to lose 20 lbs should be fired! :mad:

realdealryan
01-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Excellent post! I have been saying that all year. Whomever told him to lose 20 lbs should be fired! :mad:

Probably the same guy who told him that he would be covering RBs out of the backfield...

patmoran2006
01-02-2008, 05:19 PM
When we get stonger up the middle Schobel will reappear in full force.
when are we going to get stronger up the middle? I've been asking this since we let Pat Williams walk. Hasn't it been long enough?