PDA

View Full Version : Gurus, where do these guys fall?

Bone
01-01-2008, 03:03 PM
DE Tommy Blake TCU, I like this guy a lot.

CB Antoine Vason Arizona- Could he be our first pick?

CB Malcolm Jenkkins Ohio State

ILB Vince Hall- Vtech

T-Long
01-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Malcom Jenkins would be a great pickup at 11....considering the history of the Bills brass loving those corners from Ohio State (Winfield, Clements, Youboty, etc...)

I see us going DT Sedrick Ellis if available or WR Malcom Kelly

Devin
01-01-2008, 03:26 PM

ILB Vince Hall- Vtech

DB will probably be more acurrate but as of now:

Blake: 3rd
Hall: mid/end 2nd
Jenkins: mid 1st
Cason: end of the 1st, top of 2nd

Bmax
01-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Jenkins-Top 15
Cason- Top 20
Blake -3rd or lower....a lot of concerns
Hall -4th maybe lower short .. speed a concern.....

Bmax

Bone
01-01-2008, 06:13 PM
For some reason I hope we land Cason with our first pick..

mysticsoto
01-01-2008, 09:42 PM
DB will probably be more acurrate but as of now:

Blake: 3rd
Hall: mid/end 2nd
Jenkins: mid 1st
Cason: end of the 1st, top of 2nd

I'll agree with this for the most part...

bflojohn
01-01-2008, 10:09 PM
It is a shame what happened with DE Tommy Blake ,TCU, with his 6 game abscence, hopefully he can get his head straight and become a solid Pro! I remember reading the scouting report from Ourlads Draft Guide and they said that Blake was a 3 year starter who has rare acceleration of the ball. Also they commented that he has a burst after initial contact. Explosive second gear to the QB, and that he shows a intense desire to run down the ball carrier. Good recognition and awareness. Quick to read run/pass and find the ball. They mentioned that he can stack at the point of attack in the run game. Finally, that he is an Outstanding athlete that is competitive and smart.
Sounds like my kind of player!!!

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Jenkins Top 20
Cason-2nd
Hall-3rd-4th
Blake-5th-6th if he can show his head is on straight maybe higher if his workouts are good too

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-02-2008, 01:12 PM

ILB Vince Hall- Vtech

I don't know who this Antoine Vason is, but I love Antoine Cason from Arizona. He made his case as a stud against Arizona State.

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't know who this Antoine Vason is, but I love Antoine Cason from Arizona. He made his case as a stud against Arizona State.

Cason's big knocks are his speed, physicalness, and mental lapses from time to time

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Cason's big knocks are his speed, physicalness, and mental lapses from time to time

When you say time to time, do you mean game to game?

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 01:32 PM
When you say time to time, do you mean game to game?

No I mean he'll make a mistake or two per game which could lead to big plays against a good QB, for instance against USC last year he was supposed to be in man up coverage on Jarrett (I think) bc there was a safety blitz called, well he either missed the signal or forgot and dropped Jarrett after 10 yards so Jarrett adjusted his route to a fly and they got an easy score.

Devin
01-02-2008, 01:49 PM
I like Cason a lot but he is good for a couple brain farts a game.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-02-2008, 06:40 PM
No I mean he'll make a mistake or two per game which could lead to big plays against a good QB, for instance against USC last year he was supposed to be in man up coverage on Jarrett (I think) bc there was a safety blitz called, well he either missed the signal or forgot and dropped Jarrett after 10 yards so Jarrett adjusted his route to a fly and they got an easy score.

I got you, but isn't that what happened to Leon Hall last year and he had a pretty decent rookie year this season. I think Cason is a good player. He was on a pretty poor team. He has conditioned himself over the past three years and isn't a skinny little thing anymore, plus he is a solid kid.

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 07:04 PM
I got you, but isn't that what happened to Leon Hall last year and he had a pretty decent rookie year this season. I think Cason is a good player. He was on a pretty poor team. He has conditioned himself over the past three years and isn't a skinny little thing anymore, plus he is a solid kid.

Could he be like that? Certainly! Physically he may be amongst the most gifted in this class and he possesses a NFL body. It will be interesting to see how his stock moves over the next few months.

Confused
01-02-2008, 07:09 PM
For some reason I hope we land Cason with our first pick..

I just puked in my mouth. That would be ok if we traded for Roy Williams and signed Terrell Suggs. Ask anyone who dry-humps the Tampa2, we dont need a cover cb. (ftr i think we do, but WR and LB are bigger holes.)
my $.02

acattack15
01-02-2008, 09:30 PM
I like Hall and te other VTech LB, they are good playmakers especiially in 2-3 round

Bone
01-02-2008, 10:13 PM
I just puked in my mouth. That would be ok if we traded for Roy Williams and signed Terrell Suggs. Ask anyone who dry-humps the Tampa2, we dont need a cover cb. (ftr i think we do, but WR and LB are bigger holes.)
my $.02

haha I know what you mean but I have a man crush on him. But Roy Williams blows.

X-Era
01-03-2008, 06:57 PM

ILB Vince Hall- Vtech

Ill take a shot:

Cason is a 1st rounder- mid to late
Jenkins is a late 1st to early 2nd
Hall is a 3rd to 4th type
Blake I dont know.