PDA

View Full Version : Evans Interested In Long Term Deal

shelby
01-01-2008, 04:33 PM
For all intents and purposes there's just a year left on Lee Evans' rookie contract. He's signed through the 2009 season, but that last year is voidable in 2008. In all likelihood the Bills will work this offseason to sign their top wideout long term, but how receptive is Evans to such overtures?
"I am (interested). I am," said Evans as Buffalo's players cleaned out their lockers Monday. "We'll just have to see how we progress through the offseason and how things go. But I'm certainly open to that and open to discussion with it so we'll just have to wait and see."
Evans likely wants to see how everything shakes out in the team's front office in terms of who is hired to replace outgoing general manager Marv Levy. Levy stepped down after completing a two-year commitment with the club Monday.
Perhaps even more important to Evans is who is ultimately hired as the team's offensive coordinator. The Bills head offensive assistant, Steve Fairchild is headed to Colorado State to assume head coaching duties at his alma mater.

full story (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5779)

Ebenezer
01-01-2008, 04:37 PM
he is interested in a long term contract that pays lots of money...he's interested in having the Bills start filling the bowl...I doubt he will be here after '08.

shelby
01-01-2008, 04:42 PM
i'd like him to stay, i think he's worth some money in the long run.
He and Edwards will find their chemistry given time.

Bone
01-01-2008, 05:55 PM
He's interested with what we do in the off season, if we get him any help, if not he'll be packing his bags.

Illmatic15
01-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Lock him up long term!

Michael82
01-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Lock him up long term!
:pray:

Mr. Miyagi
01-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Evans isn't going anywhere, provided we show willingness to field a competitive team.