PDA

View Full Version : Players to keep an eye on today.....

Mahdi
01-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Fred Davis TE USC

Keith Rivers OLB USC

Mario Manningham WR Michigan -- already played -- had a great game

Sedrick Ellis DT USC

Lawrence Jackson DE USC

Terrell Thomas CB, USC

Just a heads up so everyone can get some perspective on our potential draft picks...

Oaf
01-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Manningham was decent at best. Adrian Arrington was the star of that game. At 6-3, he could be ours in the mid to late rounds and still make an impact.

Bmax
01-01-2008, 06:13 PM
USC LB Rey maualuga is the best player on the field today.

Bmax

Devin
01-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Sedrick Ellis has been killing it. That kid has lived in the backfield today.

bflojohn
01-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Just to keep it simple... I want the U.S.C. defense, in its entirety! Wow, they have somw great players that are NFL ready.

patmoran2006
01-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Not sure Ellis will last til pick 11 now.

bbf23
01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Fred Davis having a good day, Who on USC isnt though.

jamze132
01-02-2008, 06:36 AM
Manningham was decent at best. Adrian Arrington was the star of that game. At 6-3, he could be ours in the mid to late rounds and still make an impact.
I think he improved his draft position dramaticaly today. He might get a late 1st round grade even.

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 07:25 AM
I think he improved his draft position dramaticaly today. He might get a late 1st round grade even.

Arrington? He's far too inconsistent to be a 1st Rounder, more like a 3rd Rounder depending on his times and measurables. If your talking about Manningham then maybe, but he needs to add a little weight and Im just not impressed to be perfectly honest.

jamze132
01-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Arrington? He's far too inconsistent to be a 1st Rounder, more like a 3rd Rounder depending on his times and measurables. If your talking about Manningham then maybe, but he needs to add a little weight and Im just not impressed to be perfectly honest.
Well he seemed to show up for their biggest game of the season...

I would hope in an NFL locker room, he would be able to harness the ability to be more consistent.

eyedog
01-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Rey Maualuga.
This is the type of player this team needs. Put a little toughness and nasty back in the defnse.

And I know he's a Junior, but he will be coming out.

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Rey Maualuga.
This is the type of player this team needs. Put a little toughness and nasty back in the defnse.

And I know he's a Junior, but he will be coming out.

No he wont, both he and Brian Cushing have already committed to returning for their senior years.

This is the official list of whose coming and going as far as early entrants in the 08 Draft;
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=141671

eyedog
01-02-2008, 08:48 AM
I don't care what Maualuga and Cushing said last month. Things change.

Mau. will be coming out. We will see in the next couple of weeks.

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Manningham was dangerous everytime he touched the ball. His dominance in the first half is what opened things up for Arrington.

At this point a great draft for us would be drafting Fred Davis with our first pick then waiting for Manningham to fall to us in the 2nd. Manningham has proven he can make plays in the redzone and Fred Davis would provide us with that big possession type/redzone threat. Then we can pick a good cover 2 DT in round 3 as well as a C.

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 08:51 AM

He could still change his mind, but it would be bad press to do so, and what reason does he have to? Its a LB heavy draft already.

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 08:53 AM

If Mau comes out Im almost guaranteeing the Pats select him in the first round. You might think that is high for Mau but he is a beast in run support, rushing the passer and in coverage. The Pats will probably let Bruschi leave and Seau is old. Mau is the perfect fit and I bet that the Pats let it leak to Mau that if he declares they will select him.

eyedog
01-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Bad press ???? WTF is that ? You think he cares about that ?

If he is a 1st rd. pick he will be in the draft.

And I could give you millions of reasons why he will change his mind.

eyedog
01-02-2008, 08:55 AM
If Mau comes out Im almost guaranteeing the Pats select him in the first round. You might think that is high for Mau but he is a beast in run support, rushing the passer and in coverage. The Pats will probably let Bruschi leave and Seau is old. Mau is the perfect fit and I bet that the Pats let it leak to Mau that if he declares they will select him.

That wouldn't suprise me one bit.

I want the Bills to get him and move Poz outside with Crowell.

It would be a start to stopping the run again around here.

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Bad press ???? WTF is that ? You think he cares about that ?

If he is a 1st rd. pick he will be in the draft.

And I could give you millions of reasons why he will change his mind.

If your millions are about the money he'll make, he doesnt really need it. His family is pretty well off and Im pretty sure they support him financially. He said his degree is important to him, I honestly dont believe he'll be leaving, but we shall see.

Tatonka
01-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Davis at TE please please please please.

EDS
01-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Is there any way the Bills can trade their linebackers for USCs?

eyedog
01-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Is there any way the Bills can trade their linebackers for USCs?

Actually it is true that the USC lbers are better than the Bills current lbers.
Mal., Cushing, Rivers, Mattews. I'd take these guys over Crowell, Diq, Ellison, and Poz right now.

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Actually it is true that the USC lbers are better than the Bills current lbers.
Mal., Cushing, Rivers, Mattews. I'd take these guys over Crowell, Diq, Ellison, and Poz right now.
I wouldnt.... Mau looks great and so does Rivers but Crowell is playing really well and Poz showed flashes of what he will bring next year. Ellison is the only weak link.

eyedog
01-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Projesting a couple of years away;

Cushing > Crowell at slb
Mal. > Poz at mlb
Rivers > Ellison at wlb.

Just my opinion, but I'll take the 'SC backers.

Tatonka
01-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Pos looked better than any of them when he was in college. sorry.. saying a college lb corps is better than crowell or pos is kinda lame.

the grass is always greener.

justasportsfan
01-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Pos looked better than any of them when he was in college. sorry.. saying a college lb corps is better than crowell or pos is kinda lame.

AVP broke MArinos college records. Meant nothing in the NFL. Why people seem to think we should get rid of our proven players for college players is baffling. Might as well trade all our proven players every year for potential.

eyedog
01-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Projecting a couple of years away.

You might have missed that part.
And Poz played only a couple of games.
I would start Rivers today over Ellison.
give you Crowell today.
I'd still take Mal. over Poz in a game this afternoon.

eyedog
01-02-2008, 01:22 PM
What exactly has Ellison proved ? He's proved to me he's not good enough top be a fulltime starter. Poz we really don't know yet, but shows promise. Crowell is solid but hardly pro bowl material. Dig. wouldn't even have started last night for USC.

justasportsfan
01-02-2008, 01:37 PM
What exactly has Ellison proved ? He's proved to me he's not good enough top be a fulltime starter. Poz we really don't know yet, but shows promise. Crowell is solid but hardly pro bowl material. Dig. wouldn't even have started last night for USC.
What has USC's lb'ers proven in the nfl?

EDS
01-02-2008, 01:43 PM

I would trade Poz straight up for the USC middle linebacker, if for no other reason then Poz's propensity to get hurt.

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Projecting a couple of years away.

You might have missed that part.
And Poz played only a couple of games.
I would start Rivers today over Ellison.
give you Crowell today.
I'd still take Mal. over Poz in a game this afternoon.
Crowell shouldnt even be part of this arguement. The guy has played lights out this year and deserves a lot of credit. Poz has played well at the NFL level when he was playing and Mau has yet to take a snap. Ellison is the only one who hasnt shown much at this level so taking a player like Rivers over him is acceptable just based on the fact that Rivers is a better all around athlete and is highly regarded.

EDS
01-02-2008, 01:46 PM
AVP broke MArinos college records. Meant nothing in the NFL. Why people seem to think we should get rid of our proven players for college players is baffling. Might as well trade all our proven players every year for potential.

News flash: The only "proven" linebacker on the Bills is Crowell. we have no idea whether the rest of them will be any good over the long haul.

Plus your comparison of Marino and AVP is laughable versus the USC linebackers. AVP was never projected to be a NFL starter whereas at least two of the USC linebackers are projected to go in the first round this year.

eyedog
01-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Crowell shouldnt even be part of this arguement. The guy has played lights out this year and deserves a lot of credit. Poz has played well at the NFL level when he was playing and Mau has yet to take a snap. Ellison is the only one who hasnt shown much at this level so taking a player like Rivers over him is acceptable just based on the fact that Rivers is a better all around athlete and is highly regarded.

I believe I said " I will give you Crowell today " But Crowell hasn't been lights out. Crowell is a solid lb.

Poz played well in his few games, but I to would trade him straight up for Mal.

Cushing is also gonna be a 1st day draft pick when he decides to come out.

Rivers will be a 1st rder and is no comparison to Ellison.

eyedog
01-02-2008, 02:20 PM
We have one solid linebacker in Crowell
One with good potential in Poz
One who is a backup/situational lber in Ellison
One who is a backup at best in Diq.

Oaf
01-02-2008, 02:43 PM
As a Wolverine myself, I've watched Manningham all season, and he gets the stats, but hasn't impressed me against top competition. I don't think he'll be a effective player in the NFL.

Lee Harvin is quite the player.

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 02:48 PM
As a Wolverine myself, I've watched Manningham all season, and he gets the stats, but hasn't impressed me against top competition. I don't think he'll be a effective player in the NFL.

Lee Harvin is quite the player.
He did very well against Florida. Wasn't Henne injured part of the year?

acattack15
01-02-2008, 09:00 PM
I watched the USC game very closely and i was looking at eithRivers alot knowing he is a possiblitly at 11th and an OLB prospect, But he seemed to disappeare in the game, didnt make many tackles and he was the man that was suppose to takle Mendenhall on the 80yard run, he screwed it up. I came into the game thinking Bills should draft Rivers but now i Questioning his effectivness.

Much more impressed with Sedrick Ellis he a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I usually hate DT in top 15, but this guy is worth it, best DT since haloti Ngata!!

Also i think the USC junior LB are much bette than Rivers, Maluagua is justcrazy, plays soooo hard an Cushing seems verry smart and a solid playmaker, consistent

O and Fred Davis is awesome, defiently need a TE this draft