PDA

View Full Version : The things that bug me about the WC

G Wolly
01-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Is that it HAD to be Crosby to score the winning goal on Miller.

Here comes even more Crosby loving from everyone everywhere.

The team let us down in the biggest game of the year.

How can you not score with a man advantage in OT?

How come Max was put in on the shootout?

Nighthawk
01-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Is that it HAD to be Crosby to score the winning goal on Miller.

Here comes even more Crosby loving from everyone everywhere.

The team let us down in the biggest game of the year.

How can you not score with a man advantage in OT?

How come Max was put in on the shootout?

I understand your frustrations. This team has crapped the bed in most big games, so it's not a surprise.

im4bflo
01-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I agree with you, having Crosby end up the hero, was my worst nightmare.
And I also was wondering why Max was shooting in the SO :idunno:

Oaf
01-01-2008, 05:13 PM
This guy is the Bruschi of the NHL. I'm in agreement that this was absolute worst possible scenario with the shootout shot by Crosby. Vanek really should have put that one in at the end of the 3rd.

LtFinFan66
01-02-2008, 03:08 AM
You would love Crosby if he was a Sabre. Why all the hate anyway?? Did you guys hate "The Great One" as well:idunno:

Ebenezer
01-02-2008, 03:41 AM
You would love Crosby if he was a Sabre. Why all the hate anyway?? Did you guys hate "The Great One" as well:idunno:
The Great One grew up watching and wanting to be a Sabre.

LtFinFan66
01-02-2008, 03:43 AM
So, was he a Sabre? No!

I can assume you hated Super Mario as well?? I know you don't have a rivalry with the Pens so I was just curious.

Ebenezer
01-02-2008, 03:50 AM
So, was he a Sabre? No!

I can assume you hated Super Mario as well?? I know you don't have a rivalry with the Pens so I was just curious.
I didn't like Mario because he chucked his stick across the ice at a referee at a game here in Buffalo and was never even assessed a two minute penalty. Talk about double standard. I also distrust the NHL enough that I find it interesting that Crosby ended up with the Pens after a "closed door drawing" that wasn't witnessed by anybody. Ironic, that the Pens owed Mario so much money at the same time.

LtFinFan66
01-02-2008, 03:56 AM
so it's a typical Buffalo conspiracy theory. I have noticed recently that some blame every Bills and Sabres loss on the refs. Not you Frank but a thread pops up every time it seems

Ebenezer
01-02-2008, 04:01 AM
so it's a typical Buffalo conspiracy theory. I have noticed recently that some blame every Bills and Sabres loss on the refs. Not you Frank but a thread pops up every time it seems
there was a lot of discussion about Pitts being awarded the #1 pick that gave them Crosby and it just wasnt from Buffalo.

User Manuel
01-02-2008, 06:57 AM
I actually thought the Sabres played exceptionally well. It was an entertaining game for a regular season affair.

The sad truth is that this team, as composed right now, is just not as good as last year. They aren't bad, they just aren't great anymore. Darcy will have to find the way to bring in someone if he wants this to be a title team.

As for Max shooting, Vanek had missed on his last 6 if I recall and their next best option, Stafford, wasn't playing.

Philagape
01-02-2008, 07:58 AM
So, was he a Sabre? No!

I hated Gretzky for the same reason I hate Brady now. I loved Mario because he was the alternative to Gretzky.

RockStar36
01-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I don't hate Crosby, but I hate how the media constantly sucks him off. It gets real old, real quick.

It was funny because I was watching the game with a friend yesterday and made the comment before the shootout even happened that Crosby would end up scoring the winner. It was way to convenient.

SabreEleven
01-02-2008, 11:57 AM
The NHL made sure Crosby went to the Penguins help them stay in Pittsburgh

SabreEleven
01-02-2008, 11:59 AM
So, was he a Sabre? No!

Mario couldn't hold Wayne Gretzky's jock.

G Wolly
01-02-2008, 01:55 PM
You would love Crosby if he was a Sabre.

Why is this always your reply?

The fact that EVERYTHING connected to the game came back to Crosby.

Crosby this Crosby that, and it didn't even help that Mr. Perfect won the game.

NBC and the NHL should be considered SCLF from now on for Sidney Crosby Love Fest because he's all they talk about.

LtFinFan66
01-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Why is this always your reply?

The fact that EVERYTHING connected to the game came back to Crosby.

Crosby this Crosby that, and it didn't even help that Mr. Perfect won the game.

NBC and the NHL should be considered SCLF from now on for Sidney Crosby Love Fest because he's all they talk about.That is always my reply because it is a fact. Nobody evers answers the question either. So, if the new face of the NHL was on your team would you love him or hate him. Pretty simple question IMO

G Wolly
01-07-2008, 02:34 PM
That is always my reply because it is a fact. Nobody evers answers the question either. So, if the new face of the NHL was on your team would you love him or hate him. Pretty simple question IMO

Of course not, if your team has the best player in the NHL what do you have to complain about?

Otherwise it's ridiculous hearing his name associated with anything and everything hockey.

im4bflo
01-07-2008, 07:29 PM
That stinking Sydney hasn't done ****, and he's already overhyped to the extent of people hating him! I want to see him Umbergered, like I'd like to see the Patriots Brady get knocked out, you just get sick of them, like you get sick of a Fishfan/Peeguinfan talking **** on our BUFFALO boards.
You want them to get pounded, shutup, and bleed!

G Wolly
01-07-2008, 07:32 PM
That stinking Sydney hasn't done ****, and he's already overhyped to the extent of people hating him!

I actually give him credit for being able to do what he does, but I'm just sick of hearing his girl name.