X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

One goal in two games.

We scored one goal in two games against a backup scrub that we discarded last year. Way to go Sabres. You guys made Conklin look like the second coming of Patrick Roy. Vanek is our 10 million dollar supposed superstar, if you can't put him in for the SO and expect a goal out of him then something is terribly wrong. Of course he didn't do so well in the last SO so I understand it, so I guess something is wrong. Why is it that we have a knack for making make every goalie look hot this year??
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• SpillerThrills
    • Oct 2005

Re: One goal in two games.

I don't know if I would say Conklin is a "Backup Scrub".... he's played well, played well for us last year, and has been a starter for other teams in the past. he even started in I belive it was the Stanley Cup Finals!!!! yes, we've lost a few games lately, but all teams go through this, there are alot of games left to be played.....
    2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
    2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
    2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
    2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

Actually he did play well for us last year. I don't really understand why they let him go. Of course why did they let anyone go last year.
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jerhwt
        I don't know if I would say Conklin is a "Backup Scrub".... he's played well, played well for us last year, and has been a starter for other teams in the past. he even started in I belive it was the Stanley Cup Finals!!!! yes, we've lost a few games lately, but all teams go through this, there are alot of games left to be played.....
        He played in relief of Roloson in the Cup Finals, blew the game, and didn't play the rest of the series.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

conklins a journeyman for a reason

hes a capable goalie who will give you adequate play most of the time but isnt good enough to be anybodys number one. just like any nhl level goalie can get hot at any time and look great, but in his case hes just not good enough to keep it up over the long haul

tbo otoh could start for several of the lower tier teams and not be out of place
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

Figures he had to get hot against us.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
            X