PDA

View Full Version : One goal in two games.

mchurchfie
01-02-2008, 07:30 AM
We scored one goal in two games against a backup scrub that we discarded last year. Way to go Sabres.:bf1: You guys made Conklin look like the second coming of Patrick Roy. Vanek is our 10 million dollar supposed superstar, if you can't put him in for the SO and expect a goal out of him then something is terribly wrong. Of course he didn't do so well in the last SO so I understand it, so I guess something is wrong. Why is it that we have a knack for making make every goalie look hot this year??

SpillerThrills
01-02-2008, 11:47 AM
I don't know if I would say Conklin is a "Backup Scrub".... he's played well, played well for us last year, and has been a starter for other teams in the past. he even started in I belive it was the Stanley Cup Finals!!!! yes, we've lost a few games lately, but all teams go through this, there are alot of games left to be played.....

mchurchfie
01-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Actually he did play well for us last year. I don't really understand why they let him go. Of course why did they let anyone go last year.

RockStar36
01-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I don't know if I would say Conklin is a "Backup Scrub".... he's played well, played well for us last year, and has been a starter for other teams in the past. he even started in I belive it was the Stanley Cup Finals!!!! yes, we've lost a few games lately, but all teams go through this, there are alot of games left to be played.....

He played in relief of Roloson in the Cup Finals, blew the game, and didn't play the rest of the series.

Meathead
01-02-2008, 02:39 PM
conklins a journeyman for a reason

hes a capable goalie who will give you adequate play most of the time but isnt good enough to be anybodys number one. just like any nhl level goalie can get hot at any time and look great, but in his case hes just not good enough to keep it up over the long haul

tbo otoh could start for several of the lower tier teams and not be out of place

mchurchfie
01-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Figures he had to get hot against us.:ill: