Lets rate our Offense player by player...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Lets rate our Offense player by player...

Lets start with QB ....

T. Edwards:Rank 25th 8 (Car, Mia, NYJ, ATL, CHI, KC, SF, Balt are worse)

M.Lynch: Rank: 6th All (ahead are or SD, KC, MIN, Ind, STL) areguably others such as SF, WAS..

J. Peters: Rank 5th (ahead are SEA, CIN, NE, WAS)

D. Dockery: Rank: 5th (ahead are SD, MIN, KC, PIT)

M.Fowler: Rank: 29th (All are ahead except: HOU, DET, MIN)

B.Butler: Rank: 20-32

L.Walker: Rank: 4th (ahead are CIN,IND, CAR)

Lee Evans:#1 WR Rank: 13th (ahead are CIN, IND, CAR, NE, DAL, NO, DET, ARI, HOU, STL, NYG, CLE)

Josh Reed:#2 WR Rank: 31st (worse is KC)

Robert Royal: Rank: 29th (worse are SEA and DET)

Now some of you may have slightly different rankings and please share if you do or post a comment if you dont agree with someone ahead or worse. But overall we really suck on offense. And its for this exact reason that I dont blame the coaching or play-calling. This is the NFL you cant just get away with putting sub par players on the field and calling magic plays that will make them successful. Once we add more talent to the O there will be a major improvement no matter who is calling plays.
    Last edited by Mahdi; 01-02-2008, 06:28 PM.
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: Lets rate our Offense player by player...

Originally posted by Mahdi
    Lets start with QB ....

T. Edwards:Rank 25th 8 (Car, Mia, NYJ, ATL, CHI, KC, SF, Balt are worse)

M.Lynch: Rank: 6th All (ahead are or SD, KC, MIN, Ind, STL) areguably others such as SF, WAS..

J. Peters: Rank 5th (ahead are SEA, CIN, NE, WAS)

D. Dockery: Rank: 28th (ahead are SD, MIN, KC, PIT)

M.Fowler: Rank: 29th (All are ahead except: HOU, DET, MIN)

B.Butler: Rank: 20-32

L.Walker: Rank: 4th (ahead are CIN,IND, CAR)

Lee Evans:#1 WR Rank: 13th (ahead are CIN, IND, CAR, NE, DAL, NO, DET, ARI, HOU, STL, NYG, CLE)

Josh Reed:#2 WR Rank: 31st (worse is KC)

Robert Royal: Rank: 29th (worse are SEA and DET)

Now some of you may have slightly different rankings and please share if you do or post a comment if you dont agree with someone ahead or worse. But overall we really suck on offense. And its for this exact reason that I dont blame the coaching or play-calling. This is the NFL you cant just get away with putting sub par players on the field and calling magic plays that will make them successful. Once we add more talent to the O there will be a major improvement no matter who is calling plays.
    QB - If Delhomme can return to action next year I think Carolina is in better shape, just based on experience and past performance. But, I think Edwards has more potential then T. Jackson in Minn.

RB - I think it is too early to rank Lynch ahead of guys like B. Westbrook, W. Parker, any Giants running back, Fred Taylor, W. McGahee, etc.

OL - Individual talent is not as important as how well the unit works as a group, so you have to give the nod to teams that et the jib done like Jacksonville, Giants, NE, Indy, Dallas, Minn., Green Bay, San Diego, etc.

WR - Not sure how you rank this - is it based on the best overall wide receivers? At least 13 guys are ahead of Lee right now: Moss, TO, C. Johnson, R. Wayne, B. Edwards, S. Smith, L. Fitzgerald, M. Colston, T. Holt, D. Driver, P. Burress, H. Ward, A. Johnson, etc. Then factor in guys on the way up like D. Bowe, B. Marshall, W. Welker, R. White, etc.

TE - Bills need one.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by EDS
      QB - If Delhomme can return to action next year I think Carolina is in better shape, just based on experience and past performance. But, I think Edwards has more potential then T. Jackson in Minn.

RB - I think it is too early to rank Lynch ahead of guys like B. Westbrook, W. Parker, any Giants running back, Fred Taylor, W. McGahee, etc.

OL - Individual talent is not as important as how well the unit works as a group, so you have to give the nod to teams that et the jib done like Jacksonville, Giants, NE, Indy, Dallas, Minn., Green Bay, San Diego, etc.

WR - Not sure how you rank this - is it based on the best overall wide receivers? At least 13 guys are ahead of Lee right now: Moss, TO, C. Johnson, R. Wayne, B. Edwards, S. Smith, L. Fitzgerald, M. Colston, T. Holt, D. Driver, P. Burress, H. Ward, A. Johnson, etc. Then factor in guys on the way up like D. Bowe, B. Marshall, W. Welker, R. White, etc.

TE - Bills need one.
      I ranked the WRs by position.... so I ranked all the #1 WRS against eachother and all the #2 WRS against eachother,,, not overall....

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

No way...it's too depressing.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Billsology
          No way...it's too depressing.
          Look at it this way,,,, we have plenty of cap space and many draft picks,,,, our team can look significantly different in a few months.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

I dont think Lynch is 6th... yet

and if Dockery is only the 28th best LG in the NFL, man did we ever sign a bust at like $7 million per year

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              I dont think Lynch is 6th... yet

and if Dockery is only the 28th best LG in the NFL, man did we ever sign a bust at like $7 million per year
              I said 28 by mistake,,, i meant that he is better than 28.... i changed it,,,, he's 5th in my book.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Ok.. better then.

Judging by his play this year, I'd rate him as middle of the pack. BUt to be fair, judging by THIS year, I think Langston Walker should be ranked very high.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞