PDA

View Full Version : FA WRs.....

venis2k1
01-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Its no secret that we have more than a few holes to fill this offseason, and they dont all need to be done through the draft...here are a few guys that will hit the market this year that deserve a good long hard look that can help our passing game.

Ernest Wilford WR Jags- a big target at 6'4 218 lbs. a 4 year vet has had moderate success in the nfl with a breakout year in 05. That year he posted 41 catches for 681 yards with 7 scores. can be a big time redzone threat for us.

Bryant Johnson WR Cards - Another big target at 6'3, he has been trapped on the depth chart in Zona behind Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. very talented route runner, averaging over 40 catches and 500 yards over his 5 nfl seasons mostly as a 3rd option.

L.J. Smith TE Philly - Coming off his worst season as a pro, he has been hampered with hernia and knee problems all season. A proven sure handed target at TE in the prime of his career......IF he can stay healthy.

yordad
01-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Stallworth may be available too. O, and Berrian.

Mr. Pink
01-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Justin Gage WR Titans

6'4" 212, a 5 year vet who has played for both the Bears and Titans. Caught 55 balls on the year for 750 yards.

Night Train
01-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Wilford beat Nate Clements ( and us ) on the last play of the game in the opener a couple years back. He, Gage or Johnson would be a popular signing with me. The tall #2 WR we badly need

L.J. Smith is All-Whirlpool. Too injury prone. I'd rather draft a big one to go with Schouman. You can drop off Royal & Gaines at the butterfinger plant.

patmoran2006
01-02-2008, 04:46 PM
I like Bryant Johnson. I think he could be a star if not trapped behind those Ariz star WR's.

This better be a positon we do SOMETHING via FA.

Goobylal
01-02-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm all for trying to improve WR with a FA or a later-round draft pick. Higher round picks struggle too much.

The Spaz
01-02-2008, 04:52 PM
I like Bryant Johnson. I think he could be a star if not trapped behind those Ariz star WR's.

This better be a positon we do SOMETHING via FA.

Agreed!

Michael82
01-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Bryant Johnson is the first on my list. He'd be a great complement to Lee Evans. :up:

mikemac2001
01-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Bryant Johnson is the first on my list. He'd be a great complement to Lee Evans. :up:

Yes he would

Jaybird
01-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Trade for Larry Fitzgerald....... good chance he will be moved, he is due to make 15 mill this year cause of a bonus he hit for making the pro bowl. Trade some picks and a new contract

Mahdi
01-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Trade for Larry Fitzgerald....... good chance he will be moved, he is due to make 15 mill this year cause of a bonus he hit for making the pro bowl. Trade some picks and a new contract
WOW,,,, would love Fitz,,,, but that will never, ever, ever happen..... They are built around Fitz and Boldin.... those 2 are locked in to Arizona.

Nighthawk
01-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Its no secret that we have more than a few holes to fill this offseason, and they dont all need to be done through the draft...here are a few guys that will hit the market this year that deserve a good long hard look that can help our passing game.

Ernest Wilford WR Jags- a big target at 6'4 218 lbs. a 4 year vet has had moderate success in the nfl with a breakout year in 05. That year he posted 41 catches for 681 yards with 7 scores. can be a big time redzone threat for us.

Bryant Johnson WR Cards - Another big target at 6'3, he has been trapped on the depth chart in Zona behind Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. very talented route runner, averaging over 40 catches and 500 yards over his 5 nfl seasons mostly as a 3rd option.

L.J. Smith TE Philly - Coming off his worst season as a pro, he has been hampered with hernia and knee problems all season. A proven sure handed target at TE in the prime of his career......IF he can stay healthy.

Bryant Johnson would be a very solid signing. This guy can play, but is behind two very good WRs in Arizona.

mikemac2001
01-02-2008, 06:24 PM

OFFENSE would be 1000 times better with those guys

Kerr
01-02-2008, 06:30 PM
If Roy Williams or Javon Walker are untouchable, my first choice would be Ernest Wilford. Next option would be Bryant Johnson if none of the above were available.

Confused
01-02-2008, 07:04 PM
If Roy Williams or Javon Walker are untouchable, my first choice would be Ernest Wilford. Next option would be Bryant Johnson if none of the above were available.

:jam: I would love a trade for Roy Williams. He is the quintesential over the middle/red zone guy. JP straight up or JP and a third?

Kerr
01-02-2008, 07:47 PM
:jam: I would love a trade for Roy Williams. He is the quintesential over the middle/red zone guy. JP straight up or JP and a third?

I don't think detroit would take just jp. They'd probably take jp and a 3rd. He'd have to compete with drew stanton. I don't think kitna will be back.

Goobylal
01-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Justin Gage is intriguing and might not cost as much as Johnson.

YardRat
01-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I agree with those of you who have already mentioned Gage...and Johnson.

They'd be the top two on my list.

acattack15
01-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Why in the world would the Lions trade Roy Willliams????????????? Mat Millin is dumb but NO WAY would he trade royWilliams, guy is a complete beast at WR!!

The Jokeman
01-02-2008, 09:47 PM
I've posted my thoughts on this in bits and pieces in many places but here's my list.

1. Jerry Porter, assuming his contract is voided and he is available on the open market.

2. Bryant Johnson, he seems to fit the mold of are recent free agent signings.

3. Justin Gage, I brought up his name in a Scouting post a few days ago and think might be worth a gamble on and think it is a gamble.

4. DJ Hackett, if this guy could stay healthy he'd be my #1 choice.

5. Ernest Wilford, a big target but wonder if he has the wheels to start.

6. Ruvell Martin, I haven't seen him available on any lists but know his contract is up and he spent two years on the Chargers practice squad prior to being with the Packers the last two years so should be an UFA if not mistaken.

capitolneal
01-02-2008, 09:59 PM
hands down B. Johnson former number 1 pick has #1 talent he would be the BEST
reciever on this team I would pay him # 1 Money

Marvelous
01-02-2008, 10:42 PM
I view Bryant Johnson like a Josh Reed in terms of production.. And Reed has that role filled here..He is reliable as a awesome #3/slot.

Bmax
01-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Wilford hands are questionable.

Mahdi
01-03-2008, 07:44 AM
I view Bryant Johnson like a Josh Reed in terms of production.. And Reed has that role filled here..He is reliable as a awesome #3/slot.
Bryant Johnson only plays in the slot because Boldin and Fitz occupy the starting jobs.... Bryant Johnson is 6'3 220 and would be a great outside option for us with Reed strictly playing underneath.