• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

FA WRs.....

Its no secret that we have more than a few holes to fill this offseason, and they dont all need to be done through the draft...here are a few guys that will hit the market this year that deserve a good long hard look that can help our passing game.

Ernest Wilford WR Jags- a big target at 6'4 218 lbs. a 4 year vet has had moderate success in the nfl with a breakout year in 05. That year he posted 41 catches for 681 yards with 7 scores. can be a big time redzone threat for us.

Bryant Johnson WR Cards - Another big target at 6'3, he has been trapped on the depth chart in Zona behind Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. very talented route runner, averaging over 40 catches and 500 yards over his 5 nfl seasons mostly as a 3rd option.

L.J. Smith TE Philly - Coming off his worst season as a pro, he has been hampered with hernia and knee problems all season. A proven sure handed target at TE in the prime of his career......IF he can stay healthy.
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: FA WRs.....

Stallworth may be available too. O, and Berrian.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Justin Gage WR Titans

6'4" 212, a 5 year vet who has played for both the Bears and Titans. Caught 55 balls on the year for 750 yards.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Wilford beat Nate Clements ( and us ) on the last play of the game in the opener a couple years back. He, Gage or Johnson would be a popular signing with me. The tall #2 WR we badly need

L.J. Smith is All-Whirlpool. Too injury prone. I'd rather draft a big one to go with Schouman. You can drop off Royal & Gaines at the butterfinger plant.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

I like Bryant Johnson. I think he could be a star if not trapped behind those Ariz star WR's.

This better be a positon we do SOMETHING via FA.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

I'm all for trying to improve WR with a FA or a later-round draft pick. Higher round picks struggle too much.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              I like Bryant Johnson. I think he could be a star if not trapped behind those Ariz star WR's.

This better be a positon we do SOMETHING via FA.
              Agreed!

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Bryant Johnson is the first on my list. He'd be a great complement to Lee Evans.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                  is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  Bryant Johnson is the first on my list. He'd be a great complement to Lee Evans.

Yes he would

MUCK
                  FIAMI

Comment

• Jaybird
                    • Dec 2005

Trade for Larry Fitzgerald....... good chance he will be moved, he is due to make 15 mill this year cause of a bonus he hit for making the pro bowl. Trade some picks and a new contract

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jaybird
                      Trade for Larry Fitzgerald....... good chance he will be moved, he is due to make 15 mill this year cause of a bonus he hit for making the pro bowl. Trade some picks and a new contract
                      WOW,,,, would love Fitz,,,, but that will never, ever, ever happen..... They are built around Fitz and Boldin.... those 2 are locked in to Arizona.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1
                        Its no secret that we have more than a few holes to fill this offseason, and they dont all need to be done through the draft...here are a few guys that will hit the market this year that deserve a good long hard look that can help our passing game.

Ernest Wilford WR Jags- a big target at 6'4 218 lbs. a 4 year vet has had moderate success in the nfl with a breakout year in 05. That year he posted 41 catches for 681 yards with 7 scores. can be a big time redzone threat for us.

Bryant Johnson WR Cards - Another big target at 6'3, he has been trapped on the depth chart in Zona behind Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. very talented route runner, averaging over 40 catches and 500 yards over his 5 nfl seasons mostly as a 3rd option.

L.J. Smith TE Philly - Coming off his worst season as a pro, he has been hampered with hernia and knee problems all season. A proven sure handed target at TE in the prime of his career......IF he can stay healthy.
                        Bryant Johnson would be a very solid signing. This guy can play, but is behind two very good WRs in Arizona.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                          • Mar 2003

OFFENSE would be 1000 times better with those guys

MUCK
                          FIAMI

Comment

• Kerr
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

If Roy Williams or Javon Walker are untouchable, my first choice would be Ernest Wilford. Next option would be Bryant Johnson if none of the above were available.

Comment

• Confused
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Kerr
                              If Roy Williams or Javon Walker are untouchable, my first choice would be Ernest Wilford. Next option would be Bryant Johnson if none of the above were available.
                              I would love a trade for Roy Williams. He is the quintesential over the middle/red zone guy. JP straight up or JP and a third?

Comment

Working...
                              X