PDA

View Full Version : This is how I feel about the Classic

G Wolly
01-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Just bear with me even though yes, I did complain.

Would you rather enjoy a full game, with a full overtime, and then a shootout, in which we hung in there with a great team until the very end.

OR

Would you rather us get blown out or even shutout?

I know the ending was BS to many of us, but you have to admit that it was a close game and was fought until the very end.

Was the game fixed? No
Was the result popular amongst us Sabre fans? No
Wasn't it any surprise Crosby would be the hero? No
Was it a great game that made NHL history and was entertaining until the very end? Yes

No matter what makes you mad about the game yesterday, whether it be Power Plays, Offense, Defense, Goalies, Weather, whatever the reason, just keep in mind that we took part in it, and we are the REAL Hockey Town, USA.

SabreEleven
01-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Some thoughts on your thoughts....

"we hung in there with a great team until the very end"

I wouldn't exactly call the Peguins a great team. They are a one trick pony(line) with a back up goaltender

I think the game should have been played against the Leafs but that is just my opinion.

RockStar36
01-02-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm glad that it went to a shootout and they got a point instead of being shutout or blown out.

G Wolly
01-02-2008, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't exactly call the Peguins a great team. They are a one trick pony(line) with a back up goaltender

Neither would I, but isn't Conks on like a 5 game win streak or something, with us breaking a 3 game shutout streak?

Nighthawk
01-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Neither would I, but isn't Conks on like a 5 game win streak or something, with us breaking a 3 game shutout streak?

If we're supposed to be so good, then why are we making excuses for why a lifetime backup goalie held us to 1 goal in 2 games????

SkateZilla
01-04-2008, 09:45 AM
i was too drunk to make out anything other than this sign:
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/8297/winterclassicgi3.jpg