PDA

View Full Version : There Are Qualified GM Candidates- Will Ralph Ignore Them ?

Night Train
01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Ernie Accorsi, the ex Giants GM would be my favorite. He's consulting for the Falcons part time. Jerry Reese, the ex-Titans GM, drafted wisely. He lost his job over the Vince Young debate (opposed). Charlie Casserly didn't do much with the Texans but was an A+ GM with the Redskins, back in the day. I don't think any would command any Parcells type salary. We sorely need a fresh set of eyes.

All are far better options than letting Jauron have more power or some other Bills office lackey with no GM experience. Ralph can't keep using the TD experience as an excuse. Each person is different.

Can Ralph think out of the box or is his mind confined to a box these days ?
I'm actually frightened to find out.

Give us hope, Ralphie Boy.

Mudflap1
01-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Have you watched the team the past 10 years? We already found the answer to that question long ago.

Mr. Miyagi
01-02-2008, 05:00 PM
I will have no problem with an insider over some big name from the outside.

Night Train
01-02-2008, 05:31 PM

We finished dead last in the AFC in Defense. 2nd last in Offense (KC had 5 less yards).

A fresh set of eyes may have the bag to tell Jauron and Ralph it's not working. Otherwise, it's more of the same.

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 05:33 PM
You heard'em Ralph stop ignoring me!!! IM RIGHT HERE!

Nighthawk
01-02-2008, 06:25 PM

Umm, if the new GM is an insider and qualified to be the next GM of the Bills, then why wasn't he hired when TD was fired? I mean, all the internal candidates were already in the organization? If they are such a good fit, then why didn't Ralphy pick them back then?

Voltron
01-02-2008, 08:05 PM
We will end up with the cheapest option .... as usual

Nighthawk
01-02-2008, 08:06 PM

Where you've been?

Voltron
01-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Where you've been? Living in Florida where it is supposed to be warm but it is 29 F out right now :cold:

Nighthawk
01-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Living in Florida where it is supposed to be warm but it is 29 F out right now :cold:

Well, that's better than the 15 degrees we have right now...it's f'n cold! Nice to have you back!

raphael120
01-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Umm, if the new GM is an insider and qualified to be the next GM of the Bills, then why wasn't he hired when TD was fired? I mean, all the internal candidates were already in the organization? If they are such a good fit, then why didn't Ralphy pick them back then?

Very very verryyyyyyy good point!

Everyone should question that...if no one was good enough in the organization 2 years ago, then why would someone be good now?

Either we don't have the right person inside the organization, or we kinda do and Ralph was just scrambling to win the fans back with the Marv move...

Nighthawk
01-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Very very verryyyyyyy good point!

Everyone should question that...if no one was good enough in the organization 2 years ago, then why would someone be good now?

Either we don't have the right person inside the organization, or we kinda do and Ralph was just scrambling to win the fans back with the Marv move...

I can hear it now...Marv trained them the last 2 years and now they are ready...blah, blah, blah. I just don't think anybody is good enough in the organization, but it will be the cheapest way and the most comfortable for Ralph.

raphael120
01-02-2008, 08:28 PM
I can hear it now...Marv trained them the last 2 years and now they are ready...blah, blah, blah. I just don't think anybody is good enough in the organization, but it will be the cheapest way and the most comfortable for Ralph.
I love Marv and everything but I think the only thing he's been training anyone on is Ralphie with his adult daipers.

Marv is a smart man but I highly doubt he put too too much work into the GM position as many other GM's put in, and while our scouting guy wants nothing to do with the GM position, the people who are being mentioned are straight money and contract guys. So we'll have the people who imposed "Cash to crap" selecting our players and FA's.

So we'll have the guys who are directed by Ralph to be cheap being selected as a GM..which beyond a doubt will probably happen.

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 08:30 PM

Ill do it cheaper than anybody else, and Ill allow for comments from the BZ to try and sway my decisions!!!

SpillerThrills
01-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Well, that's better than the 15 degrees we have right now...it's f'n cold! Nice to have you back!

it must be nice to be in double didgets!!!! it was under 10 here earier.....

Nighthawk
01-02-2008, 08:51 PM
it must be nice to be in double didgets!!!! it was under 10 here earier.....

It could be colder now, but oh my God! At least it's supposed to warm up by the weekend...

SpillerThrills
01-02-2008, 09:04 PM
It could be colder now, but oh my God! At least it's supposed to warm up by the weekend...

yeah it's supposed to be like 40 here on sunday!

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Gonna be 65 here on Sunday after being 20 today

Nighthawk
01-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Gonna be 65 here on Sunday after being 20 today

Where?

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Where?

Atlanta

Nighthawk
01-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Atlanta

Ahh...it's supposed to be in the 50's here in Buffalo on Sunday. Bye, bye snow.

DraftBoy
01-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Ahh...it's supposed to be in the 50's here in Buffalo on Sunday. Bye, bye snow.

It snowed here last night

Nighthawk
01-02-2008, 09:24 PM
It snowed here last night

I think it snowed everywhere last night!

Marvelous
01-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Charlie Casserly sure sounds very smart in pre-game.. I agree Ralph will go the cheapest...

DJ did a great job this year considering the injuries & setbacks with JP etc. I hope he stays..I like him.

TigerJ
01-03-2008, 08:15 AM
I think The Bills promised Dick Jauron, back when he was hired, that he would not lose his job when Marv Levy stepped down just because Levy was stepping down. If the Bills mean to keep that promise, and I suspect they do, then they will almost have to promote from within or hire within Jauron's circle of acquaintances. I heard from one article that Greg Gabriel, director of scouting for the Bears is a dandidate for that very reason. I doubt there is a GM candidate out there with previous GM experience who would take the job with that kind of restriction on his authority.

Night Train
01-03-2008, 12:56 PM
I think The Bills promised Dick Jauron, back when he was hired, that he would not lose his job when Marv Levy stepped down just because Levy was stepping down. If the Bills mean to keep that promise, and I suspect they do, then they will almost have to promote from within or hire within Jauron's circle of acquaintances. I heard from one article that Greg Gabriel, director of scouting for the Bears is a dandidate for that very reason. I doubt there is a GM candidate out there with previous GM experience who would take the job with that kind of restriction on his authority.

Gabriel went to Canisus College in Buffalo and would seem a logical selection, if that's an accurate report.