PDA

View Full Version : Bills at Jax Sept 14

Ð
04-03-2003, 03:38 PM
Boy, do I know how to pick 'em or what?

Tania & I are on vacation in the Savanah/St Simons Island GA area Sept 13-21 & wouldn't you know it, the Bills are in Jacksonville (@ 60 miles away) on Sept 14!!!!!!

Is anyone interested in going to that game ? I'm there for sure!
That would be a cool one to get as many of Zoners as possible down for.

RedEyE
04-03-2003, 03:40 PM
Right here bud!!!! I'm there!! Pizza and Beer is on me!!!!

RedEyE
04-03-2003, 03:42 PM
When do individual game tickets go on sale.

BTW - Warning: The City of Jacksonville is somewhat of a POS.

Ð
04-03-2003, 03:51 PM
I know, my wife's a former travel agent who's clients had some horror stories about Jax.

I'd probably stay in St. Simons, GA Sat-Wed & then make our way back to Atlanta to do a bit of a tour about town on Thurs Fri Sat & then fly back to the Great White North on Sunday.

Ð
04-03-2003, 03:59 PM
Group Tickets Only Package
Stadium seating located in the upper level and is based on availability.
$40 for a group of 10 or more. Save $5 a ticket.

Tailgate Package
Stadium seating located in sections 227 and 228.
Hot, ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT buffet with all the trimmings served in a banquet setting.
Full-service cash bars.
Two complimentary beverages per person.
A designated seating area for your group with easy access to any of the buffet areas.
Each guest will have a chance to win an autographed football along with Jaguars merchandise.
Enclosed tent.
Live DJ.
Special appearances by Jaxson de Ville and members of the ROAR for autographs and photo opportunities.

RedEyE
04-03-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Ð

Tailgate Package
Full-service cash bars.
A designated seating area for your group with easy access to any of the buffet areas.
Each guest will have a chance to win an autographed football along with Jaguars merchandise.
Enclosed tent.

:up:

Special appearances by Jaxson de Ville and members of the ROAR for autographs and photo opportunities.

:scratch:

shelby
04-03-2003, 04:09 PM
i will be there. Odds are, the son of satan will be joining us.
Can't wait to meet y'all....BAMF owes me a pizza anyway;)

D...can you PM me info on where you are staying in Georgia? i will come up Friday night and make a weekend out of it.
:beers:

TedMock
04-03-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Ð
Boy, do I know how to pick 'em or what?

Tania & I are on vacation in the Savanah/St Simons Island GA area Sept 13-21 & wouldn't you know it, the Bills are in Jacksonville (@ 60 miles away) on Sept 14!!!!!!

Is anyone interested in going to that game ? I'm there for sure!
That would be a cool one to get as many of Zoners as possible down for.

St. Simons is a cool little place. I stayed there last summer at the King and Prince. Expensive but awesome hotel. It was bigger than my apartment, literally. 3 full bedrooms all with TV, 3 full baths, Full Kitchen w/silverware, plates and the whole works, Full living room. It was the best place I'd ever stayed on travel.

RedEyE
04-03-2003, 04:14 PM
Yeah come on up Shelby!

Anyone else interested, it's probably cheaper to fly into Atlanta then JAX. (more flights to choose from). We can convoy to JAX - I can fit 5 comfortably in the Grand Cherokee or if we get enough people we can rent a van (aka Buffalo Beer Bus).

shelby
04-03-2003, 04:28 PM
:lol:
Buffalo Beer Bus

:drunks:

If my ex is somewhat stable, he can take the son of satan for the weekend...he's on Tybee Island {off the Savannah coast}.

casdhf
04-03-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Ð

Tailgate Package
Full-service cash bars.
Enclosed tent.
Live DJ.

Sounds too organized

shelby
04-03-2003, 08:24 PM
wimp.
:cynic:

Ð
04-04-2003, 05:47 AM
Cas, if you're flying or driving 4 or 5 hours to get there (especially flying) then it's great that all the food, etc. is done for you, so you don't have to worry about hauling all the tailgate crap with you.

Anyway, they don't list a price for the tailgate package, so I called the Jaguars ticket office yesterday and left a message for them to send me a group sales package. The $40 price is for tix only.

Also, if anyone's interested, a good, reasonable place to stay @ 1 hr from Jax, right on the beach on Jekyll Island, GA is here. http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/h/d/HI/hd/jkyga
Some golfer friends of mine reccomended the place...nothing fancy, but reasonable
(rooms still available under $100/night) and the surroundings can't be beat.
Red is right...stay the hell out of Jacksonville, if you can avoid it.

Tania & I booked our stay Saturday Sept 13 thru Thursday Sept 18 there and will arrive around suppertime on the Saturday. We're going back to Atlanta on Thursday for a weekend there after laying on the beach & vegging for 3 days. (Cool! No kids!)

Buffatexas
04-04-2003, 06:36 AM
started planning the road trip from Tampa...GO BILLS!!!!

Earthquake Enyart
04-04-2003, 07:08 AM
I've been to Jekyll Island. It's nice.

One bit of advice, keep an eye on the tide chart. When the tide is high, there is next to no beach!

Ebenezer
04-04-2003, 07:54 AM
Sure, they couldn't schedule the game for 11/23 when I'll be in Jax...

:sadwalk:

WG
04-04-2003, 08:50 AM
Or when it won't be 112 degrees and 210% humidity....

:biggrin:

Ð
04-04-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I've been to Jekyll Island. It's nice.

One bit of advice, keep an eye on the tide chart. When the tide is high, there is next to no beach!

Hey EE, leave your wife out of this ;)

Ð
04-04-2003, 10:00 AM
I just noticed my link to the hotel doesn't work... I edited it & now it does

Valerie
04-04-2003, 10:19 AM
This looks like a lot of fun. I'll try to make it down too. :) I usually like to do two road trip games during the year and I have yet to visit Jacksonville's stadium. One more down on my list of stadiums.

Let me look into flights and hotels. But, I think I'd really like to go. :)

RedEyE
04-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Ð
Cas, if you're flying or driving 4 or 5 hours to get there (especially flying) then it's great that all the food, etc. is done for you, so you don't have to worry about hauling all the tailgate crap with you.

Anyway, they don't list a price for the tailgate package, so I called the Jaguars ticket office yesterday and left a message for them to send me a group sales package. The $40 price is for tix only.

Also, if anyone's interested, a good, reasonable place to stay @ 1 hr from Jax, right on the beach on Jekyll Island, GA is here. http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/h/d/HI/hd/jkyga
Some golfer friends of mine reccomended the place...nothing fancy, but reasonable
(rooms still available under $100/night) and the surroundings can't be beat.
Red is right...stay the hell out of Jacksonville, if you can avoid it.

Tania & I booked our stay Saturday Sept 13 thru Thursday Sept 18 there and will arrive around suppertime on the Saturday. We're going back to Atlanta on Thursday for a weekend there after laying on the beach & vegging for 3 days. (Cool! No kids!)

This sounds really nice! Mid Sept. in south GA still high 80's low 90's.

shelby
04-04-2003, 12:16 PM
i am all about the Buffalo Beer Bus.
:up:

:drunks:

:D