PDA

View Full Version : so who is on the short list as OC/GM

3rdn1
01-02-2008, 09:33 PM
ok my short list for OC.

1....Jim fassel.......great with young qbs.....and has/had some rassal dassal to the OFF.
2. colts qb coach.(name slips my mind).....just a thought.

3. the MUUCH. Steve is getting fat on the nfl net work...plus he would work well with trend or jp.

4.Cam Cammeran....list at 4 only beacuse i dont think the tuns gonna fire him Yet.

OK know the gm.

1. Chris pollian....hey look at his dad.

2. Scout from the bears......hey u guys say he is good.....yet to read up on him.

3.Jim Overdorf most probale......levys right hand man:sorry:

T-Long
01-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I would love to have Muuuch...give this team some credability. I'd rather have him as head coach.

Fassel? Nah.
Cameron? Nah. not after this Miami debacle.

For GM? It's a crapshoot. Who knows how any of these guys will do as GM. And the other retreads have a proven track record, but I bet Ralph wants a cheap new guy.

I don't want Overdorf because he doesn't deal with player personnel. He is just the business side and the contracts. Im not saying he cant do the job, its just he hasnt done it.

I think Gabriel would be a good get. An outside guy, native from Buffalo, and has the experience, not as GM, but with scouting.

Kerr
01-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Polian in '08!

Don't Panic
01-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Cameron did pretty well in his last stint as OC (although he did have LT). I'd give him serious consideration... especially since TE is essentially in the same spot of his career as Rivers was. Mariuci would only come back to be head coach... and we know Dick ain't going anywhere. No Martz... wrong system for our personnel.

Ickybaluky
01-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Cameron was fired this morning.

Mike Martz is a nutjob who needs a strong HC to keep him in check (like Dick Vermeil did), but he is the most qualified offensive mind out there. He also runs the same scheme as Fairchild implemented, so it would make the transition easier.

Bill Belichick is on record as a big admirer of Martz, saying the stuff he did in St. Louis was as innovative as anything in recent history. The Pats studied that offense a great deal and implemented some stuff into their offense. If Josh McDaniels were to leave I wouldn't be unhappy if Martz were brought in, although Belichick's history is more promoting from within than hiring from outside.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Cameron was fired this morning.

Cameron would be an excellent hire as OC!! Excellent!!

Gunzlingr
01-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Yikes, 3 coaches in as many years?

Mr. Miyagi
01-03-2008, 09:25 AM
We're not hiring any OC before a GM is hired.

TigerJ
01-03-2008, 12:36 PM
If Buffalo goes outside the organization and away fro0m the Mike Martz school of offense, then I think Cameron is as good a choice as the Bills can make ffor an OC.

ParanoidAndroid
01-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Injuries (especially to Brown), no recievers or TE's whatsoever, an aging defense and a new scheme were probably more to blame than Cameron's coaching. He knows how to get the most out of the RB position (Brown was leading the league in yards from scrimmage before the injury) which is where we are strongest, so I would not object to giving him a look.
Mooch would be nice, but I'm going to agree with an earlier post suggesting that he would not budge from NFL network for anything less than a HC position.

Mike13
01-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Cameron called the plays this year and I cant say I agreed with him most of the time.

Roscoe'sChicken69
01-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Turk Schonert is going to be Offensive Coordinator. As far as GM, it really does not matter because Jauron is going to have control of everything that involves football.

jimbohastle51
01-03-2008, 06:39 PM
steve marriucci will be a head coach soon weather it be this year or next. he is one of the classiest coaches in the game and one of the most well liked people in the NFL. hell if matt millen wouldnt of been pulling the strings in detriot coach marriucci would probably have made a difference there, he did draft shaun rogers and roy williams and made the move for dre bly before everyone was completely sold on him. i think our next offensive coordinator should be cam cameron he would love to play the dolphins 2wice a year and the system he runs is a good fit for buffalo its the same as the chargers. and as far as GM i would love to see flyod reese, i know he wont be interested becuase he is a man that needs all the control but man that guy always finds talent!!!

Night Train
01-03-2008, 06:52 PM
ok my short list for OC.

1....Jim fassel.......great with young qbs.....and has/had some rassal dassal to the OFF.
2. colts qb coach.(name slips my mind).....just a thought.

3. the MUUCH. Steve is getting fat on the nfl net work...plus he would work well with trend or jp.

4.Cam Cammeran....list at 4 only beacuse i dont think the tuns gonna fire him Yet.

OK know the gm.

1. Chris pollian....hey look at his dad.

2. Scout from the bears......hey u guys say he is good.....yet to read up on him.

3.Jim Overdorf most probale......levys right hand man:sorry:

From your typing I'm guessing your 8, maybe 9.

YardRat
01-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Give me LT and Antonio Gates and I'd be a head coach in two years also. I'd take Fassel over Cam.

I'd be very surprised if someone outside the team with HC experience comes in as OC. If that does happen, expect Jauron to get another title added on to his nameplate.