PDA

View Full Version : Owen Schmitt

more cowbell
01-02-2008, 11:35 PM
The Bills need to draft this guy in april he is hands down one of the best fullbacks to come along in a LONG time in college football.

He's faster than most fullbacks in the NFL, he can block as well as anyone and he has a mean streak unlike anyone ive ever seen in my life...

he breaks a facemask almost every game he plays in.

Thats the kind of player we need around here...something tells me on a 4th and 1 he would be able to get it.

m1orenz
01-03-2008, 12:16 AM
The Bills need to draft this guy in april he is hands down one of the best fullbacks to come along in a LONG time in college football.

He's faster than most fullbacks in the NFL, he can block as well as anyone and he has a mean streak unlike anyone ive ever seen in my life...

Thats the kind of player we need around here...something tells me on a 4th and 1 he would be able to get it.

i couldnt agree more and it should only cost a 4th

from http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=57414

Former walk-on who has seen increased playing time this season because of his ability to play different positions … physical fullback who ranks among the nation’s best ... powerful blocker with tremendous ball skills ... tough guy who loves to practice and work out ... owns the school record for breaking the most equipment … spent some time this spring at tight end and adjusted well to blocking up front ... makes the difficult catch look easy ... a great team leader ... selected by the coaching staff for the Ira E. Rodgers Award … secondteam all-BIG EAST All-Purpose Back by rivals.com … offensive champion: East Carolina, Syracuse and Louisville … has 20 starts over his career, 10 at tailback, six at fullback and four at tight end … has very good blocking ability and makes a valuable target out of the backfield … one of the Mountaineers’ permanent captains … one of the most respected leaders on the team … a throw-back player who is one of college football’s toughest players … very humble player who puts the team before any individual honors … broken 10 facemasks over his career … warrior in the weight room, putting up unbelievable numbers, including 525 hang clean and a 640 squat … rumbled for 208 yards on 44 carries for an average of 4.7 yard per carry and has scored three touchdowns … has 12 receptions for 121 yards, an average of 10.1 yards per carry and scored a touchdown. - West Virginia Football

yordad
01-03-2008, 12:24 AM
I 100% agree. If fact, I have us taking him in my mock. Not that I'm claiming to be a college/draft expert.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=142908&page=2

Bone
01-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Yea I watched the Bowl game tonight and he is a monster, I hope we land this guy in the draft.

Oaf
01-03-2008, 01:29 AM
Our offense doesn't have an FB position so that's why we have a bunch of mediocre "hybrids".

Night Train
01-03-2008, 06:28 AM

I had him marked down as a favorite before last night. Now he's the worst kept secret around.

Can one imagine Lynch following this FB to the hole, as he wipes out the MLB or Safety ? Plus picking off the blitzer. He's exceptional in his all around game.

We like.

DraftBoy
01-03-2008, 07:04 AM
He's a very good FB, best in the class even, may go as high as the 3rd Round

Slim
01-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I like his last name.
I'd buy a jersey instantly.

Roscoe'sChicken69
01-03-2008, 05:38 PM
I have us taking him in my mock draft, in the 4th round.

Lone Stranger
01-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Let's just do it.......a real football player.

bbf23
01-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Yea we need someone like this but I think he could be gone before the fourth.

justasportsfan
01-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Our offense doesn't have an FB position so that's why we have a bunch of mediocre "hybrids".
we should get away from Fairchilds system .

Bmax
01-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Great college fb who could play HB in our system .. He also excels on special teams.... Gotta love this kid...Cried during interview at end of game .. Because he and his teammates played their last game for their school.. The NFL needs more guys like Owen who just loves to play the game... The passion he brings to the game is very refreshing.. This Guy would sell many bills jerseys ...Puz and Owen would be some kind of duo in Buffalo....I can see the mohawks in the ralph right now....

Bmax

jamze132
01-04-2008, 02:37 AM
The idea of us not using a FB this past season MIGHT have worked if we had a TE who could catch the ball. But having said that, I would still rather go with a pure FB who can block nasty and catch the ball out in the flats. It opens up so much more of the offense when the QB has an addistional safety outlet to dump the ball off too.

tampabay25690
01-04-2008, 05:32 AM
He would look great in a BILLS UNIFORM