PDA

View Full Version : Just A Word About Pat White

LifetimeBillsFan
01-03-2008, 06:18 AM
I know that West Virginia's Pat White is a junior who has already said that he is returning for his senior year, etc.., but I just have to say that, while I don't think that he throws well enough to make it as a QB in the NFL, he is the kind of talent and leader that you'd really want to find a place for on your roster.

I watch a lot of Big East football and have seen WVU play a lot and I have rarely seen a player who makes so much of a difference for his team as White does. The Mountaineers are a totally different team--and not nearly as good--when he is not in their lineup or has been hampered by injuries from the team that they are when he is healthy and doing his thing. he changes the complexion of the game and seems to be able to carry his team on his shoulders.

Like I said, I don't know if he has a future in the NFL as a QB because he actually seems to throw better on the run than in the pocket and can be wildly inconsistent as a passer, but, with his speed, his elusiveness and ability to inspire his teammates, there has got to be someplace on a NFL roster for him--at least as a "slash"-type player.

DraftBoy
01-03-2008, 07:02 AM
I know that West Virginia's Pat White is a junior who has already said that he is returning for his senior year, etc.., but I just have to say that, while I don't think that he throws well enough to make it as a QB in the NFL, he is the kind of talent and leader that you'd really want to find a place for on your roster.

I watch a lot of Big East football and have seen WVU play a lot and I have rarely seen a player who makes so much of a difference for his team as White does. The Mountaineers are a totally different team--and not nearly as good--when he is not in their lineup or has been hampered by injuries from the team that they are when he is healthy and doing his thing. he changes the complexion of the game and seems to be able to carry his team on his shoulders.

Like I said, I don't know if he has a future in the NFL as a QB because he actually seems to throw better on the run than in the pocket and can be wildly inconsistent as a passer, but, with his speed, his elusiveness and ability to inspire his teammates, there has got to be someplace on a NFL roster for him--at least as a "slash"-type player.

White is a natural born leader and you really look for that out of the QB position, well at least I do. Most Franchise QB's are also their teams leaders. Can White be an NFL QB? I actually think he could be. He has enough arm strength to make the throws, his accuracy needs a ton of work. But he could have similar numbers to Vince Young his first couple of years;
2006-51.5 Cmp Pct, 2,199 Yards, 12 TD, 13 INT
2007-63. Cmp Pct, 2,546 Yards, 9 TD, 17 INT

White's size hurts him and most people think he's destined for Canada or for a switch to WR or RB, but Id keep him at QB and give him a go there.