PDA

View Full Version : We should hire Cameron, now!!

HHURRICANE
01-03-2008, 08:38 AM
As a head coach he's miserable. As an OC I think this would be a hell of a pick up.

I'm sure he'd be motivated to play the fins twice a year!!!

LtFinFan66
01-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Not sure why he would be motivated to play the Fins twice a year but he can probably be a good OC

Romes
01-03-2008, 08:43 AM
I think I could be a good OC too if I had the RB, the OL, and a TE like San Diego has...no thanks to Cam.

LtFinFan66
01-03-2008, 08:44 AM
He did decent with our O with little to work with

HHURRICANE
01-03-2008, 08:46 AM

I agree with you. I watched a fair amount of fins games and the offense played well above the talent level. The guy would be a great pickup.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Not sure why he would be motivated to play the Fins twice a year but he can probably be a good OC

I believe that he got fired so I'm sure he has something to prove.

Romes
01-03-2008, 08:48 AM
maybe he is good with x's and o's but the fact that he seemed to completely lose that team is a trait i would not want even in a OC.

Don't Panic
01-03-2008, 08:48 AM
We've seen him with the cupboards stocked and with them bare and in both cases he did a great job. I'd have no complaints.

LtFinFan66
01-03-2008, 08:51 AM
I believe that he got fired so I'm sure he has something to prove.I don't. He had to expect it after 1-15

HHURRICANE
01-03-2008, 08:51 AM
And to be clear I would take Cameron 10X over Martz.

LtFinFan66
01-03-2008, 08:53 AM
maybe he is good with x's and o's but the fact that he seemed to completely lose that team is a trait i would not want even in a OC.That's completely wrong. Funny how the main guy(Taylor) who he supposedly lost presented Cam the game ball after their win. They kept playing hard every game and that's not what a team does who the coach has lost

Static
01-03-2008, 08:53 AM
For a guy that knew how to use a RB, he sure messed up with sitting L. Booker for the majority of the season.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2008, 08:55 AM
I don't. He had to expect it after 1-15

:perplex:

LtFinFan66
01-03-2008, 08:57 AM
:idunno:

Bling
01-03-2008, 09:02 AM
That's completely wrong. Funny how the main guy(Taylor) who he supposedly lost presented Cam the game ball after their win. They kept playing hard every game and that's not what a team does who the coach has lost

I don't know about playing hard every game...

...but he made our offense better than it has been for years. Probably the best since 2005, but the most overachieving since I can't remember. He's still an idiot. I mean c'mon, he was dumb enough to let Mike Mooolarkey play OC for a game.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2008, 09:03 AM

...but he made our offense better than it has been for years. Probably the best since 2005, but the most overachieving since I can't remember. He's still an idiot. I mean c'mon, he was dumb enough to let Mike Mooolarkey play OC for a game.

I agree, terrible head coach, very good OC.

colin
01-03-2008, 09:05 AM
i'd take martz, but i think i'd want cam over martz.

yeah, i think he could do some things w our O. let's grab him!!!

LtFinFan66
01-03-2008, 09:06 AM

...but he made our offense better than it has been for years. Probably the best since 2005, but the most overachieving since I can't remember. He's still an idiot. I mean c'mon, he was dumb enough to let Mike Mooolarkey play OC for a game.Did you even watch the games Bling?

Bling
01-03-2008, 09:06 AM
I agree, terrible head coach, very good OC.

Pretty much sums it up.

User Manuel
01-03-2008, 09:07 AM
For a guy that knew how to use a RB, he sure messed up with sitting L. Booker for the majority of the season.

I had heard right or wrongly, that Booker was a disappointment in camp and showed poor work habits early. If that is the case maybe it is a good sign that he made a guy earn time, even in the face of injuries.

I like Cameron and I think he would be a nice fit for what we are trying to do here.

Bling
01-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Did you even watch the games Bling?

Did you? I guess we have different definitions of "playing hard".

LtFinFan66
01-03-2008, 09:11 AM
I watched every one but Washington because I was still in Iraq. losing doesn't necessarily mean they weren't playing hard

Romes
01-03-2008, 09:12 AM
That's completely wrong. Funny how the main guy(Taylor) who he supposedly lost presented Cam the game ball after their win. They kept playing hard every game and that's not what a team does who the coach has lost

It seemed like the team was more motivated by the leadership of Taylor than that of Cameron.

bigbub2352
We need to take the hint and sign outside the organization Cam would be a huge addition to this staff, and i think we should sign him today, make him assitant head coach so he can get some job security here, this is a move we need to make in my opinion, and he would be great in his tutalidge of TE

LtFinFan66
It seemed like the team was more motivated by the leadership of Taylor then that of Cameron.We will agree to disagree on this one i guess

HHURRICANE
01-03-2008, 09:20 AM
We need to take the hint and sign outside the organization Cam would be a huge addition to this staff, and i think we should sign him today, make him assitant head coach so he can get some job security here, this is a move we need to make in my opinion, and he would be great in his tutalidge of TE

If the Bills are serious about winning this would be a slam dunk hire.

justasportsfan
01-03-2008, 09:50 AM
maybe he is good with x's and o's but the fact that he seemed to completely lose that team is a trait i would not want even in a OC.

Dick is the HC. He has an opposite effect on his players. If he can motivate his players to play well to go with a great X and O guy calling the shots offensively , we should be fine.

The guy knows how to run the ball. He would make Lynch and Jackson/Wright and awsome 1-2 punch like he did with LT and Turner.

He would also know how to use the rb as a catching threat and more importantly, the TE.

The fins are where they are at because their D for the most part was leading the league in points allowed. The D wasn't Cams forte. If he came here, he would have nothing to do with the D.

Just like Dick is clueless with the O, Cam was clueless with the D.

Night Train
01-03-2008, 09:54 AM
I agree ! She's hot !

Wait..we're talking about Cameron Diaz, right ?

Philagape
01-03-2008, 10:33 AM
I agree ! She's hot !

Wait..we're talking about Cameron Diaz, right ?

No, Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off

madness
01-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Team receptions by RB rankings

Buffalo
#6 Jackson 22 catches / 184 yds
#7 Lynch 18 catches / 95 yds
#8 A-Train 15 catches /68 yds

Miami
#2 Brown 39 catches / 389 yds in 7 games
#8 Chatman 27 catches / 161 yds

That's all I need to see. Hire Cameron and tell him to bring his LT playbook please.

LtFinFan66
01-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Team receptions by RB rankings

Buffalo
#6 Jackson 22 catches / 184 yds
#7 Lynch 18 catches / 95 yds
#8 A-Train 15 catches /68 yds

Miami
#2 Brown 39 catches / 389 yds in 7 games
#8 Chatman 27 catches / 161 yds

That's all I need to see. Hire Cameron and tell him to bring his LT playbook please.And don't forget Lorenzo Booker who they basically only used 5-6 games. His receiving numbers:

28 catches
237 yards

madness
01-03-2008, 10:43 AM
And don't forget Lorenzo Booker who they basically only used the last 3-4 games. His receiving numbers:

28 catches
237 yards

Thanks, I got side-tracked with actual work stuff and missed him.

Stupid work stuff. :tongue:

camelcowboy
01-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Did you even watch the games Bling? Hey bling he's questioning your fanhood!!

The Jokeman
01-03-2008, 11:47 AM
One ting I noticed with Cameron is he does a great job in developing the running game though in both Miami and San Diego there were issues of developing passing games. Admittedly both teams didn't have great talent at WR and relatively inexperienced QBs. I think speculation of a WCO type coordinator could be good for the Bills talent in terms of QB and RB Yet we do lack some of the size at WR that the offense would call for and question at the TE position plus our O-line is more of a power blocking bunch then a finesse bunch such as seen in Denver and San Francisco. I really don't have an answer of who'd be best but admit favor guys who I think could bring new things and excitement back to our offense and that's why like a guy like Walt Harris who was a great college coach and has some history working with Trent Edwards. I also like Brian Billick despite the offense in Baltimore because he has a history as an OC, of good offenses.

justasportsfan
01-03-2008, 11:50 AM
In MArv's recent interview, he stated he wanted the TE's to get more involved in the passing gmae. No need to talk about Gates, but even Miami's TEs have produced more than ours.

The Jokeman
01-03-2008, 11:55 AM
True justa but think the TEs were definitely showcased more when Trent was in at QB then JP, it could because Trent was faster at his reads and was able to locate them faster. Though it should come as little surprise as if looked at the Rams' offenses under Fairchild/Martz they weren't used too often in the passing game.

justasportsfan
01-03-2008, 12:02 PM
True justa but think the TEs were definitely showcased more when Trent was in at QB then JP, it could because Trent was faster at his reads and was able to locate them faster. Though it should come as little surprise as if looked at the Rams' offenses under Fairchild/Martz they weren't used too often in the passing game.

I agree but that's because JP looks to go deep first while Trent goes short fast. With JP, our TE's aren't fast enough to go deep. Last year when the Ol was revamped in mid season, JP had more time to throw and Royals nos. went up.

early this season when the OL was adjusting, JP had no time to look deep and Royals had no time to go mid range.

I hope the next OC knows how to get both the TE's and wrs involved in the passing game. Both Jackson and Lynch can catch. Even Willis can catch but Fairchild is too stupid to device a plan to get them the ball.

HAMMER
01-03-2008, 06:19 PM
I want nothing to do with a guy that just went 1-15 and smells like Phish. No thank you.

LtFinFan66
01-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Yeah Hammer, God forbid you hire a good OC.

feelthepain
01-03-2008, 07:22 PM
As a head coach he's miserable. As an OC I think this would be a hell of a pick up.

I'm sure he'd be motivated to play the fins twice a year!!!

One season as a HC and you know he's miserable?? Well I guess not everyone can be the outstanding Dick Juron!! BTW, what was Bill Parcells first season record? How about Jimmy Johnson? Good thing people don't take what you say seriously.

justasportsfan
01-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Good thing people don't take what you say seriously.
:rofl:

:coocoo:

Meathead
01-03-2008, 11:30 PM
i would luv kirk cameron as oc

cam would be pretty sweet too

jamze132
01-04-2008, 02:47 AM
I don't want our offense to have to learn an entire new system, again. I would rather pick Schonert so their is some continuity there. I have a very hard time believing that our offense stuggled as much as it did soley because of the players. The playcalling was simply rediculous.

I say no to any new OC from outside the organization if they intend to make the players learn an entirely new system.

HAMMER
01-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah Hammer, God forbid you hire a good OC.

Is he good? Seems like your team sucked pretty bad this year. If he were so good he wouldn't have turned play calling over to Mularkey he would have called the plays himself.

LtFinFan66
01-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Whatever. I watched every game, how about you?

HAMMER
01-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Whatever. I watched every game, how about you?

Of course not, why would I watch the worst team in the league play unless it were a Bills game? BTW, he did a great job in those two games.

LtFinFan66
01-04-2008, 12:34 PM
If you didn't watch them on a regular basis, then you didn't see the progress their offense made this year even after Ronnie Brown went down

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 12:40 PM
then you didn't see the progress their offense made this year even after Ronnie Brown went down
I agree. They won 1 game at the end of the season after RB went down. Thats progress.

LtFinFan66
01-04-2008, 12:42 PM
You bore me Justa. You can have MM back now. I think your offense has gotten worse since he left anyway

raphael120
01-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I don't want our offense to have to learn an entire new system, again. I would rather pick Schonert so their is some continuity there. I have a very hard time believing that our offense stuggled as much as it did soley because of the players. The playcalling was simply rediculous.

I say no to any new OC from outside the organization if they intend to make the players learn an entirely new system.

I really dont understand some Bills fans apprehension when it comes to installing a "new offensive system".

Newsflash...our old offensive system SUCKED ASS! Why the hell are we afraid of changing it? I could understand if we did ANYTHING good in the system but we DIDN'T!

We want the cover 2 to be gone because it stinks, yet we want to keep the offensive system in there.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 12:49 PM
You bore me Justa.

I aim to please. :D

Nothing more boring than the fins. WAit , they were actually entertaining in a funny kinda way.

PS- In case you missed it, I wouldn't mind Cam here as an OC.

LtFinFan66
01-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I missed it you damn troublemaker

HAMMER
01-04-2008, 05:25 PM
I really dont understand some Bills fans apprehension when it comes to installing a "new offensive system".

Newsflash...our old offensive system SUCKED ASS! Why the hell are we afraid of changing it? I could understand if we did ANYTHING good in the system but we DIDN'T!

We want the cover 2 to be gone because it stinks, yet we want to keep the offensive system in there.

How do we know it's the system? There could be infinite options in the system that Fairchild never explored or called plays for. Seems to me that there were never receivers open down field, maybe it's personnel and playcalling, and not the system.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I watched enough Miami games to realize that Cameron would make an excellent OC here.

Head coach, no. OC, yes.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 05:30 PM
How do we know it's the system? There could be infinite options in the system that Fairchild never explored or called plays for. Seems to me that there were never receivers open down field, maybe it's personnel and playcalling, and not the system.

It's probably not the system but the OC's inability to run or implement it and make it work.

YardRat
01-04-2008, 05:46 PM
He's tainted with fish stank. No thanks.

Ingtar33
01-04-2008, 08:58 PM
their offense wasn't the problem.

their defense was.

I like it

feelthepain
01-04-2008, 09:34 PM
their offense wasn't the problem.

their defense was.

I like it

No, injuries were the problem.

Crisis
01-04-2008, 09:41 PM
It's about that time of the year that FTP shows his face for excuses on why the Dolphins sucked. Here comes 6 months of skewed stats to support his baseless arguments.

justasportsfan
01-05-2008, 12:49 PM
It's about that time of the year that FTP shows his face for excuses on why the Dolphins sucked. Here comes 6 months of skewed stats to support his baseless arguments.
they were a better team no matter what the standings say because their O was ranked higher than ours. :roflmao:

YardRat
01-05-2008, 01:02 PM
No, injuries were the problem.

Boo-freakin'-hoo.

!Papacrunk!
01-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Cameron will probably have better success as an OC instead of an HC. Here's a couple of quick points with the 1st one stolen from rival fans
"well he won't be able to bring LT, Gates...with him"

I would imagine he wouldn't be in any kind of rush since his $$$ is guaranteed so he pretty much has a paid vacation for the next two years netting him his 10 million I believe

If he does go to Buffalo, then good luck to him.

jamze132
01-05-2008, 05:02 PM

Its a good thing you aren't a scientist conducting experiments with different variables.

Here is an analogy... If my 1994 Alfa Romeo won't start one day, I'm not going to send it to the junk yard just because its a piece of crap without trying a new battery.

Nobody knows how this offense will react with a different style of playcalling.
The plays that are called have a much greater impact on the outcome of the game than the system being ran.

As far as the Cover 2 goes, the system works to some degree with the proper personnel. We don't have the proper personnel, especially when some of our young and promising guys are on IR for almost the entire season.

Philagape
01-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I just really wish we could have a coach who for once showed some creativity. Go outside the "system." Mix it up.

!Papacrunk!
01-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Cameron's Prospects: (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3183910)

St. Louis is seriously focused on Cameron after head coach Scott Linehan fired offensive coordinator Greg Olson, sources said. The team has not announced Olson's dismissal, nor the firing of offensive line coach Paul Boudreau

YardRat
01-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I'd be surprised if he didn't end up in Baltimore if Marty gets the job there.

Bert102176
01-07-2008, 10:51 AM
I would look at him and at Martz

Jan Reimers
01-07-2008, 11:00 AM
I guess I'm different, but I just don't want another has been with a big reputation whose success was due to having a half dozen superstars at his disposal.

Romes
01-07-2008, 11:01 AM
I guess I'm different, but I just don't want another has been with a big reputation whose success was due to having a half dozen superstars at his disposal.

nope, i feel exactly the same. :up:

justasportsfan
01-07-2008, 11:03 AM
He can run the ball. An awsome running game will be Trents best friend in his developing year.

Romes
01-08-2008, 03:15 PM
anybody still think the Bills should go after Cameron after reading this thread?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=143568

justasportsfan
01-08-2008, 03:29 PM
anybody still think the Bills should go after Cameron after reading this thread?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=143568
nobody said he'd come in and be our leader. Just OC.
I'd take him in a heartbeat over Shonert.

I doubt he'll be here anyways.

Romes
01-08-2008, 03:42 PM
nobody said he'd come in and be our leader. Just OC.
I'd take him in a heartbeat over Shonert.

I doubt he'll be here anyways.

OC is a central figure on the team. while not the top leader he still guides and shapes the offense.

as for schonert...i don't want him either. what has he done except for be the QB coach on a team where the OC job is open?

justasportsfan
01-08-2008, 03:47 PM
OC is a central figure on the team. while not the top leader he still guides and shapes the offense.

He can plan the X's and O's for gameday and Dick will be in charge of getting the team ready and motivated . He's good at it.

The only reason why the same thing didn't happen here is because of Dick , MArv and high character players. Otherwise, Fairchild would've been hung by his testicles a long time ago. Dang, we just can't catch a break. I would've paid HArgrove.

Nighthawk
01-08-2008, 05:11 PM

That's fine, but bring in a guy who has earned the promotion. Somebody who comes from a good coaching tree who has learned from a solid coach. Also, I'd like to see a progression of successes in a new coordinator. I don't like just handing the job over to a guy because he is within arms reach.