PDA

View Full Version : George Wilson Quote on DJ

Don't Panic
01-03-2008, 11:44 AM
"Anybody that has been a part of this team this year or spent time around us knows the impact Dick Jauron has had on all of our lives. All the adversity we experienced, he's been at the forefront leading by example, helping us to go back to work each day and not feel sorry for ourselves. Ask any guy on this roster, top to bottom, unanimously you have people saying they love playing for Dick Jauron and hope and pray he's back next year."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/10554903

May be only one man's opinion, but that's some pretty strong stuff. I wouldn't put too much $$$ on him going anywhere.

Tatonka
01-03-2008, 11:48 AM
i really dont mind dick.

streetkings01
01-03-2008, 11:49 AM
SO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT HE COULD BE FIRED????????????????????????????? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mybills
01-03-2008, 11:49 AM
I won't mind if he stays. At least he wins challenges. /sarcasm

justasportsfan
01-03-2008, 11:52 AM
I think MArv left making sure Dick is safe at least for another year. The fact that Marv is getting Dick involved in the transition to the next GM means that Dick will have an input. Otherwise, Ralphy would've hired the GM without any input from Dick and let the next GM decide just like when he hired TD.

madness
01-03-2008, 11:55 AM
George Wilson's opinion is pretty much the same as most of the players that played under Jauron. The guy is just a great all around leader.

Mahdi
01-03-2008, 11:59 AM
SO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT HE COULD BE FIRED????????????????????????????? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah thats exactly what this team needs,,, lets get a new GM, HC, OC , DC, offensive scheme and defensive scheme and just blow the whole thing up right now!

How would that help anything???

SquishDaFish
01-03-2008, 12:02 PM
It would just ruin another QB in Edwards like it ruined JP

The Jokeman
01-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah thats exactly what this team needs,,, lets get a new GM, HC, OC , DC, offensive scheme and defensive scheme and just blow the whole thing up right now!

How would that help anything???
Because people typically relate new to being something different and better. All things considered think Jauron's safe for 2008 regardless of who the new GM is. However beyond that it's anyone's guess. Though the choice of OC could prove interesting.

venis2k1
01-03-2008, 12:07 PM
I wouldnt mind a new defensive scheme...

bills&sabresmvf
01-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Guys here's the thing. The talent level on this team isn't up to par. You bring in some talent and we'll have a good time. Sure, it's there is spots, rb/o-line, defensive backs, but...look at what he did with this team. It could have been a lot worse and to be honost, under any other coach, we could have been seeing this team as close to the Dolphins. He gets every player on that team to play it's hardest and never let up, the players love him and they play for him. You bring in talent and put that together with the same attitude as the players have here under Jauron, we have ourselves a team to love for a long time...

don137
01-03-2008, 12:17 PM
i really dont mind dick.

:gag:

theanswer74
01-03-2008, 02:39 PM
George Wilson's opinion is pretty much the same as most of the players that played under Jauron. The guy is just a great all around leader.

Leader? I see more of a loyal nice guy.

TedMock
01-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Leader? I see more of a loyal nice guy.

I think he's both. His biggest fault this season, in my opinion, is not meddling enough. He allowed Fairchild to continue with the atrocious playcalling and wanted to avoid micro-managing. This is nice to an extent, but it went beyond "staying out of it" to the point that it hurt.

As a leader, I think the guy is great. He's not a screamer and a spitter like some coaches, but that's not the key to success either. A leader gets guys to put forth their best effort. I don't care if the personality is Parcells/Cowher/Gruden or Belichick/Dungy/Reid. There are greatly contrasting styles and all have succeeded in this league.

Whether the talent is there or not, and whether or not you like his style, the players are willing to run through a brick wall for Dick Jauron. That's one major sign of a leader. Where he lacks is in not being stern with his assistants. At least that's how it appears to me. I obviously don't know what goes on behind the scenes. If we by some miracle get a good GM and good OC, I see no reason this team can't succeed. We already know the players will fight for Jauron and that's huge. They still have a few glaring holes of course - a TE, a BIG WR, a FB, an interior OL and a BIG DT.

justasportsfan
01-03-2008, 02:56 PM
I think he's both. His biggest fault this season, in my opinion, is not meddling enough. He allowed Fairchild to continue with the atrocious playcalling and wanted to avoid micro-managing. This is nice to an extent, but it went beyond "staying out of it" to the point that it hurt.

:bf1:

He went down with his OC in Chicago. I wonder if he would've fired Fairchild if Fairchild decided to stay with the bills.

SpillerThrills
01-03-2008, 02:58 PM
I wouldnt mind a new defensive scheme...

it would be nice if they got rid of the Tampa Cover 2.....

MikeInRoch
01-03-2008, 04:41 PM
It would just ruin another QB in Edwards like it ruined JP

As if there was something there to ruin.

Meathead
01-03-2008, 11:49 PM
i really dont mind dick.
i knew it

jamze132
01-04-2008, 02:41 AM
Everyone knows Tatonka loves, eh, Dick.

Jauron isn't going anywhere at least for another season. And if we improve on our 7-9 record next year, he won't be leaving in 2009 either. We need some damn continuity, regardless of who the HC is. The players love playing for him and that means they will lay it out there 16 games a season for him. Not every coach in the NFL gets that type of respect from their players.

Oaf
01-04-2008, 12:21 PM
If the players love him even though they shouldn't because they are losing, it says something IMO.

So that's why I disregard all the hate comments on here towards Jauron; because we're fans and we don't know much.

Ingtar33
01-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Guys here's the thing. The talent level on this team isn't up to par. You bring in some talent and we'll have a good time. Sure, it's there is spots, rb/o-line, defensive backs, but...look at what he did with this team. It could have been a lot worse and to be honost, under any other coach, we could have been seeing this team as close to the Dolphins. He gets every player on that team to play it's hardest and never let up, the players love him and they play for him. You bring in talent and put that together with the same attitude as the players have here under Jauron, we have ourselves a team to love for a long time...

couldn't say it better myself.

McBFLO
01-04-2008, 09:49 PM
i really dont mind dick.
wow, that might be something you'd want to keep to yourself.

G Wolly
01-04-2008, 09:50 PM
i really dont mind dick.

that's what she said