PDA

View Full Version : Bills interested in DT Aaron Hunt?

mysticsoto
01-03-2008, 03:07 PM
I guess this guy is from the CFL...does anyone know anything about him?

The notion that the Lions could lose a player to the NFL despite a relative lack of CFL experience became a reality a year ago this week when Chris Wilson bolted to the Washington Redskins.

The same scenario could soon face the CFL club with another defensive lineman, Aaron Hunt.

The second-year tackle said Wednesday he has been contacted by three NFL teams and has workouts scheduled in the next two weeks with the Kansas City Chiefs and Buffalo Bills.

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/sports/story.html?id=4377b50a-b2ba-46ed-b75b-1298de5ca898

patmoran2006
01-03-2008, 03:15 PM
MOre projects.... ?

Jaybird
01-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I am a canuck... i have seen him play.....he was a huge force as a rookie, and a big reason for his teams success. I dont think hes very big tho............. 4 sure he's under 3 bills, cant we just get a big fat monster. we need 700 pounds worth od dt to stop the run!!!!!!!!

mysticsoto
01-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Found some stats on him:

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=roster&func=display&ros_id=880

realdealryan
01-03-2008, 03:41 PM
6'3" 270? He must be for our d-line pass-coverage scheme.

ddaryl
01-03-2008, 03:45 PM
he'll still have to make the team or the practice squad.

to me this is just another "offseason" signing that really means diddly towards who will be on the final roster

The Jokeman
01-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Former draft pick of the Broncos, I remember liking him as a DE coming out of the draft because he put up some good sack numbers in college but apparently he didn't do much so he bolted for the CFL. Here's a write up from his
CNNSI pre draft bio (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/draft/players/10142.html)

BIO: Three-year starter who emerged as one of the top young defensive players in the nation as a red-shirt freshman. Registered 108 tackles, 19 1/2 tackles for loss and nine sacks as a senior after 85-19-12 and 71-11-8 his junior and sophomore campaigns respectively. Named to several All-League and All-American teams in the past.

POSITIVES: Athletic lineman who improved both on the field and in the weight room every season. Keeps his pads low off the snap of the ball, plays with leverage and fights with his hands to get off blocks. Collapses laterally defending the run, displays solid range and rarely off his feet. Quickly changes direction, redirects to the ball carrier and makes a large amount of tackles for a front four player.

NEGATIVES: Lacks explosion and does not always play to his timed forty speed. Moved off the line or engulfed by large blockers when opponents run at him.

ANALYSIS: Constantly making plays in the opponents backfield and just a sound football player with a nose for the ball. Firmly feel he will find a way to get it done at the next level.

PROJECTION: Early Fourth Round

RockStar36
01-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Unless it's a big fat DT I'm not very interested.

Roscoe'sChicken69
01-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Hey, the bills must see something in him.

YardRat
01-03-2008, 05:23 PM
NEGATIVES: Lacks explosion and does not always play to his timed forty speed. Moved off the line or engulfed by large blockers when opponents run at him.

Oh goody.

Oaf
01-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Who says we're interested?

realdealryan
01-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Who says we're interested?

The second-year tackle said Wednesday he has been contacted by three NFL teams and has workouts scheduled in the next two weeks with the Kansas City Chiefs and Buffalo Bills.

jamze132
01-04-2008, 02:54 AM
We need fatness, not Tripplet's and William's.

John Doe
01-04-2008, 05:48 AM
He could be a replacement for Hargrove.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Not exactly excited over anything that comes out of the CFL to be quite honest with you.

TigerJ
01-04-2008, 08:03 AM
I'm not real excited by this either, but all teams are looking all the time at filling their training camp roster with these fringe type guys. That does not mean the Bills are not also looking at possible impact players to bring in. There are two things that will hold the Bills up in this regard. First, they don't have a GM. They aren't going to pull the trigger on a big name player without a GM. Second, the official signing period for NFL veteran free agents has not begun yet. There isn't an impact guy out there who's going to be available until NFL veteran free agents are officially released.

There's no guarantee how active Buffalo will be when that happens, so it might be entirely justified in a few months to complain about what Buffalo is or isn't doing in free agency, but it's a bit premature right now to be grousing about what the Bills are doing.

bigbub2352
01-04-2008, 08:18 AM
i am all for them bringin in players and talent, let the best man win, but we didnt even try him out yet, so who knows what this guy can do