PDA

View Full Version : On our OC search

X-Era
01-03-2008, 06:43 PM
This is a tough question in my mind. I think the type of O we should run is one that best uses the skills of our players. What might that look like?

Trent Edwards- and immobile QB who checks down quickly, is able to spread the ball around, and can throw the mid range balls well. Shows a general gameplay type of a Tom Brady.

Marshawn Lynch- RB with great vision, outstanding tackle breaking and toughness. Proved to do better N and S than around the edge. Will dance a bit but carries the load on all carries. A sure runner who drags tacklers for extra yards but lacks deep speed. Outstanding hands out of the backfield. Perfect Emmitt Smith type with hands like Marshall Faulk.

Lee Evans- a true burner, deep threat with unbelievable hands. Can get caught up in traffic at times but excels in one on ones... perfect one on one home run hitter

Roscoe Parrish- gadget type WR who manages to find open spots, catch the ball, and get lots of YAC... perfect for the slot.

I think we should look for an offense that spreads the ball out. I think we should open up the running lanes in the middle by spreading the D out. Id like to see us add true talent with size at WR to keep DB's honest. I think Trent will get the ball spread around, the WR's will get the YAC, and the more open, spread offense will open up lanes for Lynch to role through.

Is this what people consider the west coast offense? It would seem that its what the SB Rams ran, but Fairchild was supposed to do that...?

YardRat
01-03-2008, 06:54 PM
You left out Reed and the TE, whoever that may be. And I wouldn't call Trent 'immobile', he actually shows pretty good escapability at times.

jimbohastle51
01-03-2008, 07:03 PM
the biggest problem i see is that we dont have a great pass catching tight end. even in a spread offense you need a pass catching TE and we have no big reciever to go over the middle for the intermediate routes josh reed is tought but we need a 6'5 or 6'3 215-225lbs. reciever to at least take the doubles off of lee evans. marshawn lynch is definatly any offensive coordiators dream. young tough runner who catches the ball as good as any other RB in the league. it will be interesting to see what direction the team goes with the new GM after he is hired. we should know soon though because the senior bowl is january 26 so the new GM and Offensive coordinator should be in place before then.

Bone
01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
I agree with you about a TE thats 6'5 with great hands, but I don't see us going after a big WR and TE.

jamze132
01-04-2008, 02:49 AM
This is a tough question in my mind. I think the type of O we should run is one that best uses the skills of our players. What might that look like?

Trent Edwards- and immobile QB who checks down quickly, is able to spread the ball around, and can throw the mid range balls well. Shows a general gameplay type of a Tom Brady.

Marshawn Lynch- RB with great vision, outstanding tackle breaking and toughness. Proved to do better N and S than around the edge. Will dance a bit but carries the load on all carries. A sure runner who drags tacklers for extra yards but lacks deep speed. Outstanding hands out of the backfield. Perfect Emmitt Smith type with hands like Marshall Faulk.

Lee Evans- a true burner, deep threat with unbelievable hands. Can get caught up in traffic at times but excels in one on ones... perfect one on one home run hitter

Roscoe Parrish- gadget type WR who manages to find open spots, catch the ball, and get lots of YAC... perfect for the slot.

I think we should look for an offense that spreads the ball out. I think we should open up the running lanes in the middle by spreading the D out. Id like to see us add true talent with size at WR to keep DB's honest. I think Trent will get the ball spread around, the WR's will get the YAC, and the more open, spread offense will open up lanes for Lynch to role through.

Is this what people consider the west coast offense? It would seem that its what the SB Rams ran, but Fairchild was supposed to do that...?
A spread offense the right offense.