PDA

View Full Version : Fairchild Was Busy with CSU Obligations

Romes
01-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Even though Fairchild has been in Buffalo, N.Y., since being hired, he has been busy preparing for his first season in Fort Collins.

He immediately hired Kerr to return to his old job and retained Marc Lubick, Sonny's son and receivers coach, and director of football operations Tom Ehlers. He since has added Scott Brown, who worked with Kerr at Duke, to his defensive staff.

Fairchild has also been busy calling recruits and making sure current players remain in the program.

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080104/CSUZONE05/801040345/1002/CUSTOMERSERVICE02

This really makes me mad. No wonder the offensive gameplans in the last 3 games were so terrible. A better gameplan and the bills could have beat the browns and everything changes.

I am not sure who was worse, DJ for keeping him around despite him having another job or Fairchild for thinking he could do both.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Cut him some slack. Right Mahdi?

THATHURMANATOR
01-04-2008, 07:43 AM
**** this *******

Mahdi
01-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Cut him some slack. Right Mahdi?
This article doesn't necessarily state that he was taking time off of his regular coaching duties with the Bills to attend to the college stuff. All it says is that he has been busy making calls and hiring ppl he knows to his staff. Maybe he is using his own personal time to do this. Im sure Dick Jauron knew that Fairchild was using some spare time to get things ready at colorado.

And if it is true that he was taking time out of his normal Bills schedule to tend to that stuff then its certainly wrong. But overall I dont care all that much.... You can game plan 24/7 for our offense and at the end of the day the only plays that will work will be the first 15 scripted ones if were lucky. After that defenses get the pleasure of shutting down our big time playmakers.

Mr. Miyagi
01-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Let's be realistic. We've all paraded around the office and slacking off after we gave our two weeks notice.

Turf
01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Fairchild sucked when he was fiull time. Either the bastard threw the towel in on us or he really is that bad.

eyedog
01-04-2008, 09:09 AM
He should have been released the minute he accepted the CSU job. He sucked anyway.

Tatonka
01-04-2008, 09:18 AM
it WOULD have been the perfect time to give Schonert his chance to be the OC.

Kerr
01-04-2008, 09:19 AM
His gameplans sucked anyway. Those gameplans still would have been awful.

Kerr
01-04-2008, 09:20 AM

I'll say. Jauron f'ed on this one. He should have cut him loose.

Mahdi
01-04-2008, 09:22 AM
I think its good that they didnt give the playcalling to Schonert especially if they plan on promoting him... why bring the guy into a situation they know is bad and ruin his image with the fans,,,, its a lose lose situation.

Kerr
01-04-2008, 09:36 AM
I think its good that they didnt give the playcalling to Schonert especially if they plan on promoting him... why bring the guy into a situation they know is bad and ruin his image with the fans,,,, its a lose lose situation.

As an audition. You won't get to audition other coaches that aren't on the roster already. It's a good opportunity to see if his gameplans are any different from fairchilds like he said they could be.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I know you're insinuating that he would've been in the same boat as Fairchild . Thats ok. Rob Johnson still has his fans.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
I wonder if the reason why he took the Colorado job was because he was gonna get fired anyways. I doubt it though since Dick tends to be loyal no matter how crappy his OC is.

Leaving an OC job where his team ranked at the bottom when he called the shots wasn't gonna get him a HC job down the road anyways or doubt anyone would've hired him as an OC somewhere. At least in college he gets a fresh new start.

I'd stay away from drafting any of his players.

User Manuel
01-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Shame on DJ for keeping him around if he was not preparing properly. Otherwise, I am not sure what else we should have expected. He has to do what he has to do to suceed in CSU.

Michael82
01-04-2008, 10:28 AM
What a dumbass move to hold onto him. Everyone one else would have told him goodbye. But no, we let him keep coaching and try to balance two things at once when his heart isnt really in the job anymore. :ill: :mad:

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 10:48 AM
I wonder if the reason why he took the Colorado job was because he was gonna get fired anyways. I doubt it though since Dick tends to be loyal no matter how crappy his OC is.

Fairchild office empty
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 11:03 AM ET | Link

FAIRCHILD OFFICE EMPTY: Bills former offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild's time truly did come to an end right after the season. New Year's day was his last official day on the job for Buffalo as he headed west to attack his 'to do' list at Colorado State. His office here at One Bills Drive is completely empty. I think this development worked best for all parties because with all due respect I think it would have been very hard for Dick Jauron to keep him around for the 2008 campaign. ---

:scratch:

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Romes
01-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Fairchild office empty
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 11:03 AM ET | Link

FAIRCHILD OFFICE EMPTY: Bills former offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild's time truly did come to an end right after the season. New Year's day was his last official day on the job for Buffalo as he headed west to attack his 'to do' list at Colorado State. His office here at One Bills Drive is completely empty. I think this development worked best for all parties because with all due respect I think it would have been very hard for Dick Jauron to keep him around for the 2008 campaign. ---

:scratch:

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

this makes it even more ridiculous that they kept him around.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 10:59 AM
this makes it even more ridiculous that they kept him around.
Dick is loyal.

JJamezz
01-04-2008, 11:04 AM
The only thing that makes any kind of sense to me is that Dick and Co. never had ANY intentions of finding their new OC from within... They know that Schonert is very eager to be promoted to that role and giving it to him for 3 games knowing they'd be hiring someone else in the offseason just isn't Dick's style.

Wys Guy
01-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Fairchild Was Busy with CSU Obligations <!-- Start Post Thank You Hack -->

Ever seen One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest?

Great movie, watch it if you haven't. It's a classic.

Well, they used to treat "mental" patients by hooking them up to electrodes on their temples and cranking up the juice.

I'm thinking here that if they did that to Fairchild he'd be oblivious to the exercise.

tampabay25690
01-04-2008, 07:13 PM
WHO CARES...

raphael120
01-04-2008, 07:32 PM
HA!

If you can tell a good Fairchild gameplan from a bad one, you must have good eyes because all I saw 16 games straight was ****ty gameplans. Whether he prepared all year or 2 seconds, I wouldn't be able to tell a god damn difference.

Nighthawk
01-04-2008, 08:02 PM
http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080104/CSUZONE05/801040345/1002/CUSTOMERSERVICE02

This really makes me mad. No wonder the offensive gameplans in the last 3 games were so terrible. A better gameplan and the bills could have beat the browns and everything changes.

I am not sure who was worse, DJ for keeping him around despite him having another job or Fairchild for thinking he could do both.

And yet another reason that Dickey just isn't a good HC.